BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 20d, 20h, 5m | CPU: 63% | MEM: 5685MB of 11872MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:30 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Microsoft is planning a couple of major new announcements around Windows 7 with the forthcoming release of the Release Candidate.

:D

At a briefing at Microsoft's London headquarters today, the company's Windows OEM manager, Laurence Painell told PC Pro that there will be a "couple of additional, quite major announcements" in the coming weeks.

Source: PC Pro
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/250678/micr ... leeve.html

~ AMD radeon HD4890
~ Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
~ Antec 550W PSU

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:32 am 
FTP Access

I have just received an invite to a partners "roadshow" on the 14th April. I am not jumping to conclusions, but -- Release date??

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Didn't Microsoft said that Windows 7 is feature complete since beta 1? maybe it was here all alone hidden?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:07 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Day2Die wrote:
Didn't Microsoft said that Windows 7 is feature complete since beta 1? maybe it was here all alone hidden?

Yeah they sure did. it's plausible that they could've been hiding all along. but whatever it is, it's definitely a welcoming and exciting news for all~ :wink:
I just hope it's something incredibly sexy 8)

~ AMD radeon HD4890
~ Antec 550W PSU

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:17 am 
FTP Access

The pillars of Longhorn :D

Hey, a man can dream can't he?

Last edited by lucas93 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:25 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win 7 Ultimate x64
lucas93 wrote:
The pillars of Longhorn :D

Hey, man can dream can't he?

lol they sure can dream mate
it'll be sic if they added WinFS :idea:

~ AMD radeon HD4890
~ Antec 550W PSU

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Why does microsoft always seem to hide something? like in build 6801 for instance that we need the blue badge.

Aslo, Microsoft decide to sell Windows 7 starter to OEM for 4.99 US dollars, so if you are buying a netbook, enjoy the 3 apps limit.

source: http://74.125.19.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.thevista.ru/page.php%3Fid%3D11019&prev=_t&usg=ALkJrhgGFBpyWW-UuIjP-0m9WLi4OlDTAA

I hope they tweak Aero a bit since 90% of Windows 7 look like vista.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:57 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Day2Die wrote:
Why does microsoft always seem to hide something? like in build 6801 for instance that we need the blue badge.

I hope they tweak Aero a bit since 90% of Windows 7 look like vista.

I guess they are following after Apple on being more secretive compared to the Vista development in order to "exceed the expectations" :P

And I agree on the need of some tweak for Aero... I don't think the change should be too significant so people'll think it's a completely different OS but enough eye candy that would make Windows 7 differentiation from Vista better to the general population.

~ AMD radeon HD4890
~ Antec 550W PSU

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:02 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Microsoft is already in the Release Candidate stage for Windows 7.

In the Release Candidate state means that there are no significant changes to the GUI anymore.
Many bugfixes and cleaning up code and finishing of some new features or burshing up on old ones.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:11 pm 
FTP Access

Day2Die wrote:
Aslo, Microsoft decide to sell Windows 7 starter to OEM for 4.99 US dollars, so if you are buying a netbook, enjoy the 3 apps limit.

Make that 3 apps and 1 wallpaper that cant be changed. :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
DjRob wrote:
Microsoft is already in the Release Candidate stage for Windows 7.

In the Release Candidate state means that there are no significant changes to the GUI anymore.
Many bugfixes and cleaning up code and finishing of some new features or burshing up on old ones.

Maybe it is a feature that has been here all alone, hidden in the codes and not to be seen but is nothing now. More likely though, it is here in the pre-RC build, not hidden, but we just didn't notice since nobody told us about it.

OG wrote:
Day2Die wrote:

I bet somebody will make a patch that will bypass the 3 apps limit. Starter was negligible in Vista and XP because it was only available in emerging marker filled with pirates who never use it anyway. Think of all those Netbook use now!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:32 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
OG wrote:
Day2Die wrote:

actually... they upped it to six

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:24 pm 
FTP Access

Is the 3 app limit even relevent to the beta builds? Or is it something that will only be active in the RTM? I've seen nothing to suggest MS has upped the limit from 3 to 6.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:39 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
OG wrote:
Is the 3 app limit even relevent to the beta builds? Or is it something that will only be active in the RTM? I've seen nothing to suggest MS has upped the limit from 3 to 6.

There's a 6 app limit in the current builds..

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:06 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
yes there is a 6 app limit right now, but the help and support still says 3...
i wouldn't trust help and support though, alot of their stuff is wrong in it... *searches for examples and fails miserably* i remember a few back when i started using build 6801..

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:15 pm 
Donator

pizzaboy192 wrote:
yes there is a 6 app limit right now, but the help and support still says 3...
i wouldn't trust help and support though, alot of their stuff is wrong in it... *searches for examples and fails miserably* i remember a few back when i started using build 6801..

You don't need a programmer to fix up the help and support. It's usually fixed in post RC builds.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:32 pm 

hounsell wrote:
OG wrote:

There's a 6 app limit in the current builds..

its a 3 app limit, but windows counts apps weirdly, so some apps don't count.

http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_7068_04.asp

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
As you can see... there are six... you could test six third-party apps and get the same thing as six windows apps, it is just an incomplete help and support...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:38 am 
FTP Access

6 apps sounds more lke a reasonable limit, but then most desktop users probably dont even run 6 apps at once and starter is destined primarily for netbooks from what I can gather (and developing countries where they only really need email for their 419's). It sounds likely that the upper limit may only be during beta builds, I still recon that the RTM release is likely to carry the 3 app limit. That's what has been stated and untill there is something to the contrary, assume the current limit is only temporary.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft has Windows 7 surprises up its sleeve        Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:02 am 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
Can you applications as services?
I see a potential new software opportunity...

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]