BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 20d, 17h, 17m | CPU: 7% | MEM: 5831MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:42 pm 
Administrator

Since BA is all about betas I decided to share whatever firmware betas I have (it's a very small collection, if even it can be called that!). These are all pre-release firmwares which may or may not have features working. I have used them to try stuff on my iPhone, but remember these are pre-release versions. These firmwares can brick your iPod/iPhone. You have been warned! I or BetaArchive will not take any responsibility for any bricking of your unit.

Now that I said that I'll upload the following firmware editions I have:

Apple iPhone:
Code:
Apple iPhone Firmware 2.0 (2.0.5A240d) (beta3).rar
Apple iPhone Firmware 2.0 (2.0.5A258f) (beta4).rar
Apple iPhone Firmware 2.0 (2.0.5A345) (beta8).rar

Apple iPod Touch:
Code:
Apple iPod Touch Firmware 2.0 (2.0.5A240d) (beta3).rar

I've only tested the firmwares on my iPhone 3G, but they should work on the older 1.1 non-3G iPhone. Remember to not try to flash an iPod Touch with an iPhone firmware, I think iTunes will stop you from even trying to do it, but if you force it you'll be responsible for the results.

If anyone has any more beta firmwares to send up please do so. I am also looking for current and older Windows Mobile firmwares (please specify for what phone (brand, model) the firmware is meant for!) as well as other beta firmwares. Remember that all the firmwares has to be unmodified ones, no custom hack jobs or custom compiles. Really old firmwares of Windows CE are also welcome, betas or not, those that are not beta will be filed as abandonware.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 am 
Donator

Will you be uploading the 3.0 beta as well? (Though I only have a touch)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:24 am 
Administrator

Yes, I will upload the 3.0 firmware for both iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1.1. The 3.0 firmware for the older models will be uploaded later.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:58 am 
Donator

The 3.0 firmware is greatly appreciated mrpijey, especially since there is already a jailbreak for it. :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:34 am 
FTP Access

mulholland wrote:
The 3.0 firmware is greatly appreciated mrpijey, especially since there is already a jailbreak for it. :D

Yep, I really want to test it :P

And mrpijey the iPod Touch 2G can't be bricked, only iPhone can because of Baseband :D
If you think your iPod Touch 2G is bricked use DFU mode and, you can restore again :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:34 am 
Administrator

arthmx wrote:
mulholland wrote:

And mrpijey the iPod Touch 2G can't be bricked, only iPhone can because of Baseband :D
If you think your iPod Touch 2G is bricked use DFU mode and, you can restore again :P

I am aware of that, but now that the warning is given members can screw up their units in any way they want and not hold BA liable :). There are ways to brick an iPhone, and there are ways to downgrade the baseband firmware as well :). But the warning is given so now people can't come and whine that they screwed up their phone. The firmware are pre-releases and who knows what kind of nasty bugs are lurking inside...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:41 pm 
FTP Access

mrpijey wrote:
arthmx wrote:
mulholland wrote:

I am aware of that, but now that the warning is given members can screw up their units in any way they want and not hold BA liable :). There are ways to brick an iPhone, and there are ways to downgrade the baseband firmware as well :). But the warning is given so now people can't come and whine that they screwed up their phone. The firmware are pre-releases and who knows what kind of nasty bugs are lurking inside...

You're right :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:03 pm 
Administrator

I've released the firmwares I got including the iPhone 3G (1.2) 3.0 firmware and iPod Touch 2.1 3.0 firmware.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:35 pm 
FTP Access

mrpijey wrote:
I've released the firmwares I got including the iPhone 3G (1.2) 3.0 firmware and iPod Touch 2.1 3.0 firmware.

Thanks to you :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Is the iPhone original version, firmware 3.0 there?

Doesn't the device need to be registered to be able to use the formware though?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:51 pm 
Administrator

No, the uploaded firmware is only for 3G. Once I get the other firmware I'll send it up as well.

Yes, you need to be a registered developer to use it. But the firmware is provided in case it's crackable or in case you happen to be a developer =).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
mrpijey wrote:
No, the uploaded firmware is only for 3G. Once I get the other firmware I'll send it up as well.

Yes, you need to be a registered developer to use it. But the firmware is provided in case it's crackable or in case you happen to be a developer =).

Ok :) I may be buying access to the developer program, standard. :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:21 pm 
FTP Access

Damn, just having an ADC account won't cut it? Aww.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I now have access to the beta files. I am an iPhone Dev, if you need anything ask. mrpijey, I'll need to be uploading firmware files soon :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:30 am 
Administrator

Firmware files sounds great, thanks! :). If you got anything else beta related then it's welcome too.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:40 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Apr 14, 2009 (My Birthday)

My Birthday -- 7a280f - I'll upload once I've restored to iPhone.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Finished uploading latest firmware files for all devices to upload account.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 pm 
Administrator

Thanks, I'll add them to the collection as soon as possible!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
My Pleasure! :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 pm 
Donator

Apple has the bad habit of embedding your full name in things. Check that you've stripped the meta-data out of these, maybe get a copy from someone else and compare the files.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:31 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Apple has the bad habit of embedding your full name in things. Check that you've stripped the meta-data out of these, maybe get a copy from someone else and compare the files.

WHAT!! :o I need to check them now -.-. Hang on, metadata in an ipsw?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 pm 
Administrator

the IPSW file is just a regular zip-file. So if they added something it must have been to the included plist files or binaries. I compared older leaks with the ones I downloaded from Apple and they were identical, so I doubt they embed specific beta ID:s in these betas. If that was true the info would have been out a long time ago, and they would probably have done the same with their OSX betas.

But you find anything then let me know and I'll remove the info and repackage it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:16 pm 
Donator

What I was thinking about were the atoms they embed in their M4P files, sorry. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they did it for other things as well.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:38 pm 
Administrator

Yeah, but that is a bit different since they embed it to include owner data etc (iTunes uses this for purchased media). But it's easily removed, and for this data to be embedded into the MacOS X/iPhone OS betas they would need to compile the build for each individual developer. Which of course is not done since all developers get the exact same binary files for any particular build.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Coming: Apple iPod Touch/iPhone beta firmwares...        Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:44 pm 
FTP Access

Beta 4 released =)

and a beta version of iTunes 8.2 :D

links:

Quote:
http://www.quickpwn.com/forums/iphone-os-3-0/3247-download-os-3-0-beta-4-all-devices-itunes-8-2-now.html

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]