BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 58d, 10h, 1m | CPU: 90% | MEM: 6182MB of 10996MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: LimeWire v5.0.3 Alpha        Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:23 am 
Donator

Quote:
LimeWire 5 Alpha Adds Private Peer-to-Peer File Sharing, Integrates with Gmail
Windows/Mac/Linux: Despite the rising popularity of BitTorrent, for many people there’s still just one name in file sharing: LimeWire.

The widely used LimeWire actually does support BitTorrent these days, and yesterday, LimeWire released an alpha version of the new and improved LimeWire 5, adding private file sharing features that will allow user to privately share folders with friends. As Wired is quick to point out, LimeWire 5 still supports the downloading from strangers features that made LimeWire popular, but the new default settings publicly shares only files you downloaded from the public network. You can specifically set permissions for all the rest, including which files you want to share and with whom you’d like to share them. How does it know who your private contacts are? Through your Gmail account, of course!

Actually, as of this writing, LimeWire 5 supports Gmail (along with any other Jabber account) and LiveJournal. Once you log in with your Gmail account, you’ll see your friends in your sidebar. According to Wired, LimeWire is looking into importing friends from Facebook and other social sites. You can chat with any of your friends from inside LimeWire 5, tell them to go download and install the alpha, and then it’s sharing time.

Once you’ve found a friend you want to share with, just pick the files you want to share and go nuts (assuming your friend has installed LimeWire 5). Head over to Wired’s review for an extremely detailed rundown, or download the alpha and start sharing with your friends. LimeWire 5 Alpha is a free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It’s an alpha release, so you should expect some bugs, but the homepage claims that the core LimeWire functionality is a-okay.

http://www.limewire.com/download/alphaversion.php

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: LimeWire v5.0.3 Alpha        Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:56 am 
Donator

And I'm sure all the members of his forum use Limewire solely for the distribution of open source software and freeware :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: LimeWire v5.0.3 Alpha        Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:43 pm 
FTP Access

thanks for the news
i like limewire the best part it is freeware but if you want better go with pro
also i prefer pro :) and i have it installed on my comp

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: LimeWire v5.0.3 Alpha        Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:57 pm 
FTP Access

FUUU- the RIAA 9000

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: LimeWire v5.0.3 Alpha        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:57 am 
FTP Access

jabster wrote:
And I'm sure all the members of his forum use Limewire solely for the distribution of open source software and freeware :wink:

What they use it for is of no relevence and none of your business. But why do people even bother with Limewire when they can get Frostwire which as far as I can tell has all the features of Limewire Pro, but is 100% free.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: LimeWire v5.0.3 Alpha        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:13 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS Classic
jabster wrote:

Of Course! :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: LimeWire v5.0.3 Alpha        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:54 am 
Donator

OG wrote:
jabster wrote:

What they use it for is of no relevence and none of your business. But why do people even bother with Limewire when they can get Frostwire which as far as I can tell has all the features of Limewire Pro, but is 100% free.

Limewire Pro can (supposedly) maintain a higher number of connections to peers than Frostwire.
Either way, I try to avoid all these Java Gnutella clients, all RAM hogs.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: LimeWire v5.0.3 Alpha        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:03 am 
FTP Access

jabster wrote:
OG wrote:
jabster wrote:

Limewire Pro can (supposedly) maintain a higher number of connections to peers than Frostwire.
Either way, I try to avoid all these Java Gnutella clients, all RAM hogs.

i don't try frostwire and i think limewire is more popular than frostwire
my brother recommended limewire to me also my sister and all people also :wink:

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]