BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 58d, 16h, 51m | CPU: 85% | MEM: 5770MB of 10539MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 PostPost subject: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:54 pm

Posts
42
Quote:
Microsoft is currently readying site updates and download servers for the imminent release of the Windows 7 beta. Yesterday, German site Winfuture claimed that the beta would be released today and this could confirm the sites claims.


See http://winfuture.de/news,44259.html for the claim


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:07 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Posts
105
http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/12/1 ... d-imminent :)

_________________
GreetZz, Sibbl

Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:40 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Posts
1524

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
will this be a public beta release?

_________________
Image
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:44 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Posts
592

Location
Dorset

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I'm thinking more over to that it's an MS Connect beta 1 build.

_________________
http://shamil.la


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:48 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:09 am

Posts
368

Location
Sweden
How much I'd love for it to happen today/tonight I seriously doubt it. It's saturday afternoon and I can't imagine that anyone's doing overtime just to hand out a beta build 2 weeks in advance. :)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:31 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Posts
2381

Location
United States
ddew wrote:
How much I'd love for it to happen today/tonight I seriously doubt it. It's saturday afternoon and I can't imagine that anyone's doing overtime just to hand out a beta build 2 weeks in advance. :)


sadly yeah. hey maybe they will release it Sunday! *sarcasm*


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:43 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Posts
592

Location
Dorset

Favourite OS
Windows 7
zamadatix wrote:
ddew wrote:
How much I'd love for it to happen today/tonight I seriously doubt it. It's saturday afternoon and I can't imagine that anyone's doing overtime just to hand out a beta build 2 weeks in advance. :)


sadly yeah. hey maybe they will release it Sunday! *sarcasm*


How humiliating to get your facts wrong :(

_________________
http://shamil.la


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:59 am 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Posts
303
ddew wrote:
How much I'd love for it to happen today/tonight I seriously doubt it. It's saturday afternoon and I can't imagine that anyone's doing overtime just to hand out a beta build 2 weeks in advance. :)

Also one must factor in that Seattle/Redmond just got a considerable amount of snow (2ft), so its doubtful at best that anything would be released today.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:05 am 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Posts
230

Location
Hong Kong

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
looking forward to it :|

_________________
I <3 Metro UI. not anymore
Image


Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:08 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Posts
214

Location
Kent, UK

Favourite OS
Windows 7
People need to just stop speculating and let Microsoft do their work. Too many websites these days spread faux news, and it is starting to get annoying.

_________________
i7-2700K @ 4.8 GHZ, Kandalf LCS, ATI 6950, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, Asus ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z, 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:27 am 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:55 pm

Posts
125
Shane wrote:
People need to just stop speculating and let Microsoft do their work. Too many websites these days spread faux news, and it is starting to get annoying.


I agree. When it's released... it's released. What's this sense of urgency with so many people at large? And what's the prize for these impatient ones once they do get the information/build? First to post a link & screenshots on their blog/site? Bragging rights? Get over it, you aren't special.

/rant


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:42 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Posts
2381

Location
United States
Saarineames wrote:
I agree. When it's released... it's released. What's this sense of urgency with so many people at large? And what's the prize for these impatient ones once they do get the information/build? First to post a link & screenshots on their blog/site? Bragging rights? Get over it, you aren't special.

/rant


or the fact that people get to see the latest and greatest from the company that produces the most used operating system in the world.... on a site about collecting the beta versions of it to watch the development. maybe people (including me) get a bit excited but if theres a build and theres a chance to get it why resist the urge? maybe use some more common sense about the real and fake but still.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:58 am 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:55 pm

Posts
125
zamadatix wrote:
Saarineames wrote:
I agree. When it's released... it's released. What's this sense of urgency with so many people at large? And what's the prize for these impatient ones once they do get the information/build? First to post a link & screenshots on their blog/site? Bragging rights? Get over it, you aren't special.

/rant


or the fact that people get to see the latest and greatest from the company that produces the most used operating system in the world.... on a site about collecting the beta versions of it to watch the development. maybe people (including me) get a bit excited but if theres a build and theres a chance to get it why resist the urge? maybe use some more common sense about the real and fake but still.


Zamadatix, I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't commenting about the people here, or this site. It's more of a general rant. We all are eagerly anticipating the beta, that's a given. I'm just tired of reading (all over the web) "it's anticipated that the release date is....", "I heard from this source that.. blah blah" or comments like "Is it coming tomorrow?", "When do we get it?", "I want it now!" The last part, I agree with you... people getting too excited over hearsay only to set themselves up to be disappointed is just a waste of time.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:00 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Posts
2381

Location
United States
ahh, ok then i totally agree with you 100% of the way :P


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:12 am 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:55 pm

Posts
125
Haha! Well, I feel better now. I had to rant. :P

Shall I go on about the desperate need for people to activate latest builds?

"6801 is activated! Woohoo!!! Wait, 6956 is out? I have to get it... and activate it." :D


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:50 am 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Posts
120
Saarineames wrote:
Haha! Well, I feel better now. I had to rant. :P

Shall I go on about the desperate need for people to activate latest builds?

"6801 is activated! Woohoo!!! Wait, 6956 is out? I have to get it... and activate it." :D


i agree to shane to let microsoft to there work!!!


Edited: 50% agree 50% disagree :idea: for me
microsoft do there work if rtm comes out like windows 7 rtm :)

we will do our work on windows 7 beta news


Last edited by jeremydd on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:58 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat May 24, 2008 10:05 am

Posts
2045
jeremydd wrote:
Saarineames wrote:
Haha! Well, I feel better now. I had to rant. :P

Shall I go on about the desperate need for people to activate latest builds?

"6801 is activated! Woohoo!!! Wait, 6956 is out? I have to get it... and activate it." :D


i agree to shane to let microsoft to there work!!!


and Saarineames you/we dont know the key to activate windows 7 build 6956 it different with windows 7 build 6801 key cuz u can use vista beta 1 2 key also the vista rtm (i think) on windows 7 m3 but i have remove the activation time i can pm you how to removed it if you want ?

You missed his point, he was making the point that there is no need to constantly activate each build.
Gotta say I disagree on that one, we need to stay up to date on how the activation system works, so that when RTM hits we can umm... you get the point.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Posts
214

Location
Kent, UK

Favourite OS
Windows 7
People seem to think that activating their illegally downloaded builds somehow makes them more legal... which it obviously doesn't xD

_________________
i7-2700K @ 4.8 GHZ, Kandalf LCS, ATI 6950, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, Asus ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z, 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:08 pm 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Sat May 03, 2008 4:28 am

Posts
253

Location
Metro
Let's stop the feud regarding the activation whatnot?

Is build 7013 the beta? A picture exists, courtesy of edgar at AeroXP that this build is available at Connect.

Image

_________________
Someday, I hope to contribute something to this site again. But I'm no computer programmer.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:17 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Posts
2381

Location
United States
Emir214 wrote:
Let's stop the feud regarding the activation whatnot?

Is build 7013 the beta? A picture exists, courtesy of edgar at AeroXP that this build is available at Connect.

Image


considering that picture is just of a file name not ht actual os its fake.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:42 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Posts
214

Location
Kent, UK

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Image

Plus build 7013 is not in the Beta build branch

Fakety Fake

_________________
i7-2700K @ 4.8 GHZ, Kandalf LCS, ATI 6950, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, Asus ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z, 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:41 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:42 am

Posts
173

Location
Manchester, UK

Favourite OS
AmigaOS3.9
Shane wrote:
People need to just stop speculating and let Microsoft do their work. Too many websites these days spread faux news, and it is starting to get annoying.

I think mayhaps MS would have more time to fix bugs and flaws and so on if they hadn't been nagged about "release this release that, why don't you release such in beta" and so on.

On the other hand.... IE has gone for a decade without them seeing a very very serious security issue, so... it's not like they enjoy de-bugging much, it seems :/

Quote:
Microsoft says it has detected attacks against IE 7.0 but said the "underlying vulnerability" was present in all versions of the browser.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.stm


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 am 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:55 pm

Posts
125
Image

lawl


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:26 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am

Posts
276

Location
Denmark
I think they will have some problems with No.1. With several Linux sites and some software sites now using P2P's.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:59 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Posts
127
Sadly no leak; the OS however, can't be to significant to the previous leak. I'm also unsure of anyone else, but I find it a little odd as to why they're not completing a new interface for beta 1; Longhorn and other beta's seem to have featured a new interface; they're going to be required to integrate a new interface regardless either way - hopefully one will arrive within a second beta or such.


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS