BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 58d, 16h, 51m | CPU: 85% | MEM: 5770MB of 10539MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 am 
Donator

Quote:
Microsoft is currently readying site updates and download servers for the imminent release of the Windows 7 beta. Yesterday, German site Winfuture claimed that the beta would be released today and this could confirm the sites claims.

See http://winfuture.de/news,44259.html for the claim

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:07 pm 
FTP Access

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/12/1 ... d-imminent :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
will this be a public beta release?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:44 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I'm thinking more over to that it's an MS Connect beta 1 build.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:48 pm 
Donator

How much I'd love for it to happen today/tonight I seriously doubt it. It's saturday afternoon and I can't imagine that anyone's doing overtime just to hand out a beta build 2 weeks in advance. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:31 am 
Donator

ddew wrote:
How much I'd love for it to happen today/tonight I seriously doubt it. It's saturday afternoon and I can't imagine that anyone's doing overtime just to hand out a beta build 2 weeks in advance. :)

sadly yeah. hey maybe they will release it Sunday! *sarcasm*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:43 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
zamadatix wrote:
ddew wrote:

sadly yeah. hey maybe they will release it Sunday! *sarcasm*

How humiliating to get your facts wrong :(

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:59 am 
FTP Access

ddew wrote:

Also one must factor in that Seattle/Redmond just got a considerable amount of snow (2ft), so its doubtful at best that anything would be released today.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:05 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
looking forward to it :|

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
People need to just stop speculating and let Microsoft do their work. Too many websites these days spread faux news, and it is starting to get annoying.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:27 am 
FTP Access

Shane wrote:
People need to just stop speculating and let Microsoft do their work. Too many websites these days spread faux news, and it is starting to get annoying.

I agree. When it's released... it's released. What's this sense of urgency with so many people at large? And what's the prize for these impatient ones once they do get the information/build? First to post a link & screenshots on their blog/site? Bragging rights? Get over it, you aren't special.

/rant

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:42 am 
Donator

Saarineames wrote:
I agree. When it's released... it's released. What's this sense of urgency with so many people at large? And what's the prize for these impatient ones once they do get the information/build? First to post a link & screenshots on their blog/site? Bragging rights? Get over it, you aren't special.

/rant

or the fact that people get to see the latest and greatest from the company that produces the most used operating system in the world.... on a site about collecting the beta versions of it to watch the development. maybe people (including me) get a bit excited but if theres a build and theres a chance to get it why resist the urge? maybe use some more common sense about the real and fake but still.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:58 am 
FTP Access

zamadatix wrote:
Saarineames wrote:

/rant

or the fact that people get to see the latest and greatest from the company that produces the most used operating system in the world.... on a site about collecting the beta versions of it to watch the development. maybe people (including me) get a bit excited but if theres a build and theres a chance to get it why resist the urge? maybe use some more common sense about the real and fake but still.

Zamadatix, I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't commenting about the people here, or this site. It's more of a general rant. We all are eagerly anticipating the beta, that's a given. I'm just tired of reading (all over the web) "it's anticipated that the release date is....", "I heard from this source that.. blah blah" or comments like "Is it coming tomorrow?", "When do we get it?", "I want it now!" The last part, I agree with you... people getting too excited over hearsay only to set themselves up to be disappointed is just a waste of time.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:00 am 
Donator

ahh, ok then i totally agree with you 100% of the way :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:12 am 
FTP Access

Haha! Well, I feel better now. I had to rant. :P

Shall I go on about the desperate need for people to activate latest builds?

"6801 is activated! Woohoo!!! Wait, 6956 is out? I have to get it... and activate it." :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:50 am 
FTP Access

Saarineames wrote:

"6801 is activated! Woohoo!!! Wait, 6956 is out? I have to get it... and activate it." :D

i agree to shane to let microsoft to there work!!!

Edited: 50% agree 50% disagree :idea: for me
microsoft do there work if rtm comes out like windows 7 rtm :)

we will do our work on windows 7 beta news

Last edited by jeremydd on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:58 am 
Donator

jeremydd wrote:
Saarineames wrote:

i agree to shane to let microsoft to there work!!!

and Saarineames you/we dont know the key to activate windows 7 build 6956 it different with windows 7 build 6801 key cuz u can use vista beta 1 2 key also the vista rtm (i think) on windows 7 m3 but i have remove the activation time i can pm you how to removed it if you want ?

You missed his point, he was making the point that there is no need to constantly activate each build.
Gotta say I disagree on that one, we need to stay up to date on how the activation system works, so that when RTM hits we can umm... you get the point.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
People seem to think that activating their illegally downloaded builds somehow makes them more legal... which it obviously doesn't xD

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:08 pm 
FTP Access

Let's stop the feud regarding the activation whatnot?

Is build 7013 the beta? A picture exists, courtesy of edgar at AeroXP that this build is available at Connect.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:17 pm 
Donator

Emir214 wrote:
Let's stop the feud regarding the activation whatnot?

Is build 7013 the beta? A picture exists, courtesy of edgar at AeroXP that this build is available at Connect.

considering that picture is just of a file name not ht actual os its fake.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:42 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7

Plus build 7013 is not in the Beta build branch

Fakety Fake

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
AmigaOS3.9
Shane wrote:

I think mayhaps MS would have more time to fix bugs and flaws and so on if they hadn't been nagged about "release this release that, why don't you release such in beta" and so on.

On the other hand.... IE has gone for a decade without them seeing a very very serious security issue, so... it's not like they enjoy de-bugging much, it seems :/

Quote:
Microsoft says it has detected attacks against IE 7.0 but said the "underlying vulnerability" was present in all versions of the browser.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.stm

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 am 
FTP Access

lawl

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:26 pm 
FTP Access

I think they will have some problems with No.1. With several Linux sites and some software sites now using P2P's.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WinFuture claimed that Windows 7 beta will be released today        Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:59 pm 
FTP Access

Sadly no leak; the OS however, can't be to significant to the previous leak. I'm also unsure of anyone else, but I find it a little odd as to why they're not completing a new interface for beta 1; Longhorn and other beta's seem to have featured a new interface; they're going to be required to integrate a new interface regardless either way - hopefully one will arrive within a second beta or such.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next