BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 19h, 32m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 6043MB of 10995MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 PostPost subject: Windows 7 Beta Program!        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:19 pm 
Donator

Quote:
Microsoft appears to be getting the Windows 7 Private Beta ready and is already sending out invites to select candidates. Paul Thurrot happens to be one of the select few to receive an invite, which states...

Quote:
Please do not respond to this e-mail. This mailbox is not monitored. Please note: due to Microsoft security requirements, the hyperlink(s) contained in this e-mail may not automatically open your browser. If this happens, please copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser.

The contents and messaging in this email are confidential and proprietary information of Microsoft Corporation. Recipients may not reproduce, store in or introduce into a retrieval system, or transmit in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise), the information in this email for any purpose, without the express written permission of Microsoft Corporation

Dear [First Name],

The Microsoft Windows® beta team would like to extend an invitation to you to participate in the Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server® 2008 R2 beta program planned for early 2009 as announced at the Professional Developers Conference Oct 2008. Accepting this invitation will allow you to access pre-release versions of the next version of Windows for the purpose of evaluating and providing feedback. We highly value your past feedback and know we can count on you again to help us build a great new version of Windows!

The beta version is not available quite yet but we need to assemble a great team of beta testers early so you are ready to go when we are! If you accept this invitation you’ll be notified when the beta version becomes available. In the meantime you can visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows7 and http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008R2 to learn more about what’s coming.

What you will get if you choose to participate

· Early access to downloadable beta copies of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

· Access to private newsgroups to discuss the beta with other testers and with Microsoft staff

· Access to various online events that will highlight new features and allow you to interact with the development team

· The ability to report bugs and track their status

· An opportunity to help us build a better Windows by assisting us in finding and fixing issues

What we will ask of you if you choose to participate

· We request that you download, burn to DVD and install Windows and/or Windows Server on at least one PC

· We ask that you actively participate in discussions on the newsgroups and share your opinions with us and others

· We also request that you file bugs if you encounter them as well as respond to surveys as you can.

· We may ask you to consider being a press reference or invite you to share your Windows 7 user experience with others

Things you should know about Windows 7 and the beta program

· The beta will be available in English, German, Japanese and Arabic. A language pack for Hindi will also be provided

· Availability will be via download only. No media will be provided so you’ll need a DVD burner to create installation media

· PCs that support and run Windows Vista should allow you to run Windows 7.

· Servers that support and run Windows Server 2008 should allow you to run Windows Server 2008 R2

· Participating in the beta does not necessarily mean you will receive a free final product.

· Participation is strictly voluntary but we ask that if you do accept this invitation you report bugs as you see them as well as actively participate in the newsgroups and other events.

· Spots are limited and from time to time we may remove inactive participants in order to make space available for others who are willing to actively provide feedback.

Accepting Your Invitation

To accept this invitation and become a member of this program, follow this link: <Link>.
If this link does not work for you, copy the full link and paste it into the Web browser address bar. You may be prompted to sign-in with your LiveID credentials.

Getting Started

While beta will not be available until early 2009 we, know you are excited to get started so we have opened the microsoft.beta.win7.lobby so you may begin renewing acquaintances with previous participants as well as meeting new testing peers. After accepting the invitation, you will be able to sign into Microsoft Connect and click on the “Windows 7 Beta Program” link for more information on accessing the newsgroups.

As well, to better understand our audience and how we are asking you to complete the following three surveys to tell us about yourself. Each survey has 20-40 questions and each should take you approximately 20-30 minutes to complete. You don’t have to take them all at once nor do you have to do it right now. We ask though that at some point you find time to complete them. As a thank-you for completing these prior to the end of the calendar year (Prior to January 1st, 2009) each participant who completes all three surveys (or indicates “already taken”) will be put into a drawing and five winners selected to receive some Windows 7 logo’ed toys!

Participant Survey Part 1 - http://connect.microsoft.com/Survey/Sur ... SiteID=488

Participant Survey Part 2 - http://connect.microsoft.com/Survey/Sur ... SiteID=488

Participant Survey Part 3 - http://connect.microsoft.com/Survey/Sur ... SiteID=488

The team would like to thank-you in advance for helping make this our best OS release to date and we look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Regards,

The Windows Customer Connection Team

If you do not wish to receive e-mail messages from this specific program, you need to "Decline Participation" on the Microsoft Connect My Participation page, since receiving program-specific e-mail is a mandatory part of your participation. If you do not wish to receive any e-mail messages from Microsoft Connect in the future, please send e-mail to mchelp@microsoft.com with the subject, "Remove Me From Microsoft Connect," and all your information will be completely removed from Microsoft Connect. If you need Microsoft Connect support for any other reason, visit the Microsoft Connect Contact Us page. This is an unmonitored e-mail address, so please do not reply to this message.

Source: JoeJoe.org

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:22 pm 
Donator

lets hope we all get in :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Lucky him

I was involved in the Vista beta and although I didn't submit a hell of a lot of bugs, I did submit some and I filled in all the surveys, I would like to hope they will consider me, but I am not holding out too much hope sadly

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:16 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
the links just show a "bad request" message?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:20 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
betaluva wrote:
the links just show a "bad request" message?

You have to be in the Windows 7 Beta to be able to do the surveys.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:28 am 
FTP Access

Truncated urls in the post. Regardless, they only take you to Sign In @ Microsoft Connect.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:35 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 7955
Checked the Newsgroups for both the SP2 beta and the "Early Feedback Program" and no one there has gotten an invite yet either...

I plan on emailing the dev I worked with (to pin down a particularly stubborn bug) during the original vista beta tomorrow to *hopefully* make sure i'm in :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 am 
Donator

I'd love to get into this beta, first one (H)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:38 am 
FTP Access

Well I followed the hoard and made a post on Connect but yeah,real good chance of getting in.But hey you never know....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:43 am 
jimdinger wrote:
Well I followed the hoard and made a post on Connect but yeah,real good chance of getting in.But hey you never know....

sorry but i hate this..! when i see the newsgroup and a million post "get me into beta test111" id like to remove 99% of the users of the internet...

this isnt meant offended to you, but i think all "conntecties" think like that...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:52 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Namronia wrote:
jimdinger wrote:

sorry but i hate this..! when i see the newsgroup and a million post "get me into beta test111" id like to remove 99% of the users of the internet...

this isnt meant offended to you, but i think all "conntecties" think like that...

Indeed.

Whenever I open up my Connect page and go to a group, I keep seeing the "plz let me in the IE betaz email@yada", it gets quite annoying.

If you want a shot to get into the program, find a lead person of the group, and make a statement to WHY you want to be in the program, I don't mean 2 lines, I mean a proper full page statement to why you would be a good asset to the program and what you can bring to it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:43 am 
Donator

From what I can tell, connect has been flooded with Windows 7 requests since January.
It just impedes real feedback.

If anyone here has a chance of getting in, it will be for Beta 2, or the RC's, not Beta 1
Doesn't make a difference to me really, the builds will wind up here regardless, and I can submit all the feedback I want within the OS itself.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:25 pm 
FTP Access

I don't know how it will be, but I've recently heard that there won't be Beta 2. There will be only 1 beta, and afterwards RC1 will be released. And after that, in December 2009 RTM is scheduled to be released. Public tests of Windows 7 are to begin with Beta 1.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
pkubaj wrote:
I don't know how it will be, but I've recently heard that there won't be Beta 2. There will be only 1 beta, and afterwards RC1 will be released. And after that, in December 2009 RTM is scheduled to be released. Public tests of Windows 7 are to begin with Beta 1.

Same as I have heard. :)

It was obvious to see before the news about no Beta 2 that there probably wasn't going to be one, the ending date for RTM is already quite close as it is, if Microsoft want to get Windows 7 out on time (Don't even say it), the only choice is to do only one "Beta" period.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:47 pm 
Donator

Alexsis wrote:
pkubaj wrote:

Same as I have heard. :)

It was obvious to see before the news about no Beta 2 that there probably wasn't going to be one, the ending date for RTM is already quite close as it is, if Microsoft want to get Windows 7 out on time (Don't even say it), the only choice is to do only one "Beta" period.

Appointing Sinofsky as a lead for the Windows team has really turned out well. He's kept development ahead of schedule, done a great job and even managed to be somewhat open about what they do (engineering 7 blog).

Honestly I don't think having just one beta is an issue here, they've left the base fairly intact and focused mainly on the userland which makes bugs easier to track down. Given how good the pre-betas have been working I have no doubt that MS will put out a solid OS in H1 2009.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:27 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
so there is a very good chance someone from winbeta will leak it then ;)

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:54 pm 
FTP Access

Well got my first beta, " WINDOWS HOME SERVER
Processing...
Programs
# Windows Home Server Public Beta | Accept your invitation now"

Yeah,public but hey its a start...As for my post as to why I should be in the beta test for W7,"To mimic the others on here I also would like to be invited into the
beta program for W7,my specs for my PCs are as
follows
Desktop:AMDx64 3000 2 gigs of ram,8800gt and 300 gig HDD
Laptop:Intel P4 @ 3.4 with 2.5 gigs of ram and an ATI x300 with 80 gig
enclosed hdd,this machine is run all nite long through out the
weekends to play music at a bar so I also run an external HDD at 500
gigs.
I have applied for beta testing before (Vista)and was not choosen,so I
am hoping that I will be choosen for this one.I have been an avid
reader of anything W7 and think this may be the turning point for
Microsoft.
I understand that to be a beta tester invloves a lot of usage of the
OS and a basic understanding of bugs and how to report them.If I am
choosen to be a tester It would be a learning experiance for me (plus
it just might be the first MS OS I buy instead of having it
preinstalled)."
Who knows maybe they will be impressed by what I said....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm 
Donator

jimdinger wrote:
(plus
it just might be the first MS OS I buy

now they know your lying ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 pm 
FTP Access

Build 7000.0.081212-1400 is being used as the beta 1 build at the mo

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:01 pm 
Donator

Hehee, just got my invite. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:11 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
w00p got mine as well :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 pm 
Donator

for those who got in do i just post a new topic that sounds different than onslaught of the same posts?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:24 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 7955
Just got mine about 5 minutes ago :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:26 am 
Donator

So people actually got into Beta 1?
I'm always happy to be proven wrong with things like this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:30 am 
Donator

jabster wrote:
So people actually got into Beta 1?
I'm always happy to be proven wrong with things like this.

Maybe there will only be one beta?

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next