BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 5h, 18m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 5794MB of 10961MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:48 am 
Donator

I just got the following e-mail, thought it might be of interest to anyone who didn't get it:

Quote:
The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Windows Vista®!

Educating your customers about the personal and business risks of using unlicensed software could help them make licensing a higher priority and increase your licensing revenues. Studies show that companies using improperly licensed software encounter more system failures that result in data loss and downtime. In the end, these companies may be less profitable than businesses with fully licensed software.*

If your customer has purchased a PC without genuine Microsoft® Windows® operating system software preinstalled or discovers they have unlicensed software because of counterfeit or improper use of a Volume License Key, they may need your help to become license compliant.

Don’t miss out on these licensing sales opportunities! The Get Genuine Kit (GGK) is an easy and anonymous legalisation solution that you can offer your customers. Now also available for Windows Vista in addition to Windows XP, the Get Genuine Kit can help you grow your revenues and strengthen your customer relationships.

Help your customers solve their non-compliance problems by ordering the Get Genuine Kit for Windows Vista from your Microsoft Authorised OEM Distributor and updating your online store now! Please feel free to use the product image to the right for your online store.

For more information, please visit: http://oem.microsoft.com/getgenuinekit

Last edited by J.Byrne on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:39 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
hmm, what exactly is in the get genuine kit ?

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
The Distractor wrote:

1. the manual to change the key
2. the key
3. explain of piracy or something like that

i think that it has that stuff, but i'm not sure

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:34 am 
FTP Access

Whistler_fan wrote:
The Distractor wrote:

2. the key

You mean...

Go to Control Panel > System
Scroll all the way to the bottom where it says "Windows Activation" and click "Change Product Key." Enter new product key. And then tell them that stealing from their computer overlords is bad.

Is this pretty much the gist of this kit?

You profit from selling the key
Microsoft profits from selling you the key (which you markup for resell)
Everyone profits... Except the people who bought the key from you...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Whistler_fan wrote:
The Distractor wrote:

2. the key

Its for the criminals who illegally download stuff and are gonna get sued :P :wink:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
AmigaOS3.9
I'm gonna illegally download Linux and get sued by MicroSoft for doing so :look :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:45 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Doctor Mindvipe wrote:
I'm gonna illegally download Linux and get sued by MicroSoft for doing so :look :P

"Pirating" MOST versions of linux is okay, b/c its open source.

So you cant get sued.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:37 am 
Donator

MS isn't going to sue unless it's huge. They do this just to make that extra money that they want to make. In the mean time, they'll protect the business better.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
AmigaOS3.9
motherboardlove wrote:
Doctor Mindvipe wrote:

"Pirating" MOST versions of linux is okay, b/c its open source.

So you cant get sued.
Hehe, I know ;)

And I'm gonna run Linux on my new rig, utilizing Wine or Crossover for gaming... thus showing the redmondians the one finger salute bigtime. They'll not get a penny of my hardearned cash :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Doctor Mindvipe wrote:
motherboardlove wrote:
Doctor Mindvipe wrote:
I'm gonna illegally
And I'm gonna run Linux on my new rig, utilizing Wine or Crossover for gaming... thus showing the redmondians the one finger salute bigtime. They'll not get a penny of my hardearned cash :D

Wine and Crossover are poor alternatives, they are not some magic solution, compatibility is still pretty flaky. If you seem to think giving Microsoft a "one finger salute" is necessary, then you clearly need to have your mental age evaluated.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:53 pm 
Donator

Agreed, and Wine would be terrible when it comes to gaming, it can't even handle CS3...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re:        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:02 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Doctor Mindvipe wrote:

Oh yes, you've got them down now on their formal Microsoft Knee pads looking up to you now!

Your "new rig" is just about as believable (how many times have you said this in the past several months...?) as you not using Windows again...or "buying" it for that matter.

Sad little boy with sad little prep school comments.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Re:        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:06 am 
Donator

Alexsis wrote:
Doctor Mindvipe wrote:

Oh yes, you've got them down now on their formal Microsoft Knee pads looking up to you now!

Your "new rig" is just about as believable (how many times have you said this in the past several months...?) as you not using Windows again...or "buying" it for that matter.

Sad little boy with sad little prep school comments.

the first part about a "new rig" was a bit hard, i call the last computer i got the "new" computer even if its a year old. but otherwise i agree.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Oh, I didn't mean it like that, heck I wouldn't be putting someone down in a million years over the word "new" (Points to his own Box).

Just the part of his "getting his new rig", he's been saying it for months on end over and over again, felt it fitted my comparison well :P.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:19 am 
Donator

i see now :P

the only reason i never liked wine is that i know most people on linux want free software so you know a good deal of them are downloading movies/songs or something so why not just download a copy of xp?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:20 am 
Donator

Fact is though, Microsoft couldn't care less whether or not you use Linux.
I'm betting your current PC came with an OEM edition of Windows pre-installed, they've already made their money off you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:23 am 
Donator

jabster wrote:
Fact is though, Microsoft couldn't care less whether or not you use Linux.
I'm betting your current PC came with an OEM edition of Windows pre-installed, they've already made their money off you.

except for my uncle who had to contac compaq 3 times for restore cd's before we kept a copy for him 8-)

considering say 16% use mac and only >1% use linux even if all came from mac windows still wouldnt care. i did here dell made a few linux laptops and i know eeepc's come witht eh option of linux/xp.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:34 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
AmigaOS3.9
Alexsis wrote:
Oh, I didn't mean it like that, heck I wouldn't be putting someone down in a million years over the word "new" (Points to his own Box).

Just the part of his "getting his new rig", he's been saying it for months on end over and over again, felt it fitted my comparison well :P.

"for months"?

Hmm.... I got news in October I could start a job, but had to complete an 8 week unpaid course first... I see my first paycheck on Wednesday.... This is the machine I'm getting, unless they've got something better by the time I get enough money saved up (March/April or there abouts). And lo and behold....
Quote:
This PC comes without an operating system

Yes "saved up" because there's other things that needs attention before a new computer.

Besides, I hardly play anything but World of Warcraft anyways, and I personally know several who runs it successfully with either Wine or CrossOver Pro.

So yeah, stuffing Microsoft out the door for my part, will be a relief.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:15 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
The get genuine kit includes a product key, but it is alot cheaper than just buying a copy of windows =P
just pirate your way to vsita for $20 less (xp's "get genuine" kit is like $75 or something on newegg.com)
Toobad that you cannot get the Vista Ultimate Get Genuine kit =(

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:41 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
And also, wine and crossover and almost any emulators suck. They dont support DirectX, only OpenGL, and most of the writers arent planning to add OpenGL, and most emulators are run in linux's level 2 (system drivers), so they arent emulated at the kernal level, so kernal level drivers/programs wont work. The only way it would work would be to replace the programs DLLs with MS's dlls

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:01 am 
FTP Access

motherboardlove wrote:
And also, wine and crossover and almost any emulators suck. They dont support DirectX...

There is actually DirectX support nowadays, I have played GTA Vice City (a DX game) on Mac OS X with CrossOver pretty much flawlessly - it's pretty amazing what they've managed to do so far.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Microsoft Get Genuine Kit is now available for Vista.        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:29 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
motherboardlove wrote:
And also, wine and crossover and almost any emulators suck. They dont support DirectX...

There is actually DirectX support nowadays, I have played GTA Vice City (a DX game) on Mac OS X with CrossOver pretty much flawlessly - it's pretty amazing what they've managed to do so far.

Must be using a hacked version of DX, or pretends that DirectX is running in Level 1 kernal level, but then it'd be a type 2 VM.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]