BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 10h, 29m | CPU: 11% | MEM: 2399MB of 3963MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Microsoft.com has new User Interface        Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:49 am 
Donator

On December 14th Microsoft RTMed thier new homepage at Microsoft.com.

The new design has been under beta testing since July 2006 and the main enhancement seems to be around making the site easier to navigate as the Navigation panel has been moved from the left side of the screen to the right, as well as being shortened and seperated from the featured items.

The site is the fifth most visited site on the internet and is currently being migrated to Office Sharepoint 2007 servers.

Source
Microsoft.com

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:16 pm 
Donator

much better design. looks a lot more modern

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:38 am 
Donator

agree 8)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:06 am 
This is cool :)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:47 am 
FTP Access

Well, I must say, they're finally Web 2.0, but they need to move the Navigation menu back to the left side. I know it's already been addressed on the site, but if you look below the main spotlights of the site, the nav. bar is on the left. Thus, it would make more sense for both bars to be on the left.

Then again, they believe the Dock---errr---Sidebar should be on the right side of the screen anyways. =P

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:16 am 
New interface is modern and better.It looks alike as ie page.

Sorry for my bad english.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:51 am 
I think it looks nice also, much more polished looking and less cluttered than before. :)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:09 am 

I saw a small beta preview of the site a few months ago before they released it and it was a little diffrent than it is now, but it still looks better than the old one.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:51 am 
yeah it don't look too bad

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]