BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 0h, 48m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 5714MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: Linux Kernel Surpasses 10 Million Lines        Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:44 am 
A simple analysis of the most updated version (a Git checkout) of the Linux kernel reveals that the number of lines of all its source code surpasses 10 million, but attention: this number includes blank lines, comments, and text files. With a deeper analysis thanks to the SLOCCount tool, you can get the real number of pure code lines: 6.399.191, with 96.4% of them developed in C, and 3.3% using assembler.

Still, it's an impressive amount of code. I'm sort of surprised they used as much assembly language as they did.
Original Article
or Via Slashdot

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:09 pm 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
Honestly,

Although given the portability of Linux, 3% is supprising, I hope that they will translate much more into ASM - in an ideal world ASM enables the programer to write quicker more efficient code.

I would not be suprised if 25% of MS's code was written in ASM, given the facts that they are not only more platform specific but also very actively maintain MASM.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:14 pm 
FTP Access

What exactly does ASM programming stand for?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:22 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
squidward_ wrote:
What exactly does ASM programming stand for?

ASM = Assembly

Its code that can be directly understood by the computer rather than a programming language and compiler doing it for you. Compilers are written in ASM, since its the first level of language that a computer understands. ASM coding also ends up executing more quickly too since the computer can understand it directly. (Not sure if thats all 100% correct, just citing what I remember from college!)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:52 pm 
FTP Access

When Microsoft were say, developing Vista for example, where did the coders get the code from to code things like the sidebar, WinFS before the development reset, UAC, Parental Controls etc? They can't just pluck code out of thin air, so I wonder where the code comes from?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:22 pm 
Permanently Banned

squidward_ wrote:
When Microsoft were say, developing Vista for example, where did the coders get the code from to code things like the sidebar, WinFS before the development reset, UAC, Parental Controls etc? They can't just pluck code out of thin air, so I wonder where the code comes from?

OK let me explain this, writing code is just like writing a book, or your post, expect in a different language. Just like you know I before E in english you know what a main() function is and what #define and #include statements do, etc etc... Well some highly talented people in programming devise a theroy on how it should execute logically and write the appropriate code. It's simple logic, really, I think you just got on a new low of stupid.

Because of that, I will explain these 2 diagrams...

You want to output loldongs continously while someones laughing, it's a simple task and can be done with simple code, like this

Code:
#include <stdio>

#define lol TRUE

void dongs() {
   printf("loldongs!\n");
}

int main() {
    while(lol) {
        dongs();
    }
}

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:30 pm 
Donator

squidward_ wrote:
so I wonder where the code comes from?

The code comes from Bill Gates himself.
He personally writes every line of it, then hands it down to his mindless worker minions, so they can use it to forge wonderful, magical objects of mystery.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:35 pm 
Donator

jabster wrote:
squidward_ wrote:
so I wonder where the code comes from?

The code comes from Bill Gates himself.
He personally writes every line of it, then hands it down to his mindless worker minions, so they can use it to forge wonderful, magical objects of mystery.

It's true squidward, he's working on LinFS for it (the linux equivalent of WinFS!!!!)

:wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Andy wrote:
Compilers are written in ASM, since its the first level of language that a computer understands. ASM coding also ends up executing more quickly too since the computer can understand it directly. (Not sure if thats all 100% correct, just citing what I remember from college!)

Assembly is the lowest level of programming that's practical to do for humans - you still need a program to convert the assembly files to executable program files - a lot of compilers turn your C code into assembly as part of compiling. It is possible to write more effecient programs in assembly if you know what you're doing, but it's far more time-consuming than writing in a higher level language.

And AFAIK compilers are mostly written in C or higher, the original compilers were probably assembly, but once you have a compiler you can write a C compiler in C and compile it using the original. Then you can cross-compile the compiler for another architecture to make it run on a new type of computer.

At least with GCC you have to use GCC to compile it (or another C compiler.)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:16 pm 
Permanently Banned

longview wrote:
Andy wrote:
Compilers are written in ASM, since its the first level of language that a computer understands. ASM coding also ends up executing more quickly too since the computer can understand it directly. (Not sure if thats all 100% correct, just citing what I remember from college!)

Assembly is the lowest level of programming that's practical to do for humans - you still need a program to convert the assembly files to executable program files - a lot of compilers turn your C code into assembly as part of compiling. It is possible to write more effecient programs in assembly if you know what you're doing, but it's far more time-consuming than writing in a higher level language.

And AFAIK compilers are mostly written in C or higher, the original compilers were probably assembly, but once you have a compiler you can write a C compiler in C and compile it using the original. Then you can cross-compile the compiler for another architecture to make it run on a new type of computer.

At least with GCC you have to use GCC to compile it (or another C compiler.)

I said that to andy in msn. GCC was built with the intent you'd atleast have a barebones cc available on your system.

PS: ever look through the gcc code? it's awful.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Nope, but I've heard that a lot of the GNU tools have really terrible code in them, so I don't doubt it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 pm 
Permanently Banned

longview wrote:
Nope, but I've heard that a lot of the GNU tools have really terrible code in them, so I don't doubt it.

Yeah some of them are some craq code. I expect much better code though knowing how much weed rms intakes, along with all other FSF/GNU devs, but whatever.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:08 am 
Donator

About the Windows source code and the 25% in asm... what I can read out from the Win2k source, its verry much in c/c++... andyway, with longhorn many .net components were put into the OS which were dropped again at the kernel reset..

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:30 pm 
FTP Access

You know if the whole of the Windows 2000 source code had leaked, well, I was just thinking: you could start compiling paint, notepad, regedit or any of the games etc, and it will start to at least try and compile the whole OS, no matter what component you select to compile first, is that right?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:00 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
squidward_ wrote:
You know if the whole of the Windows 2000 source code had leaked, well, I was just thinking: you could start compiling paint, notepad, regedit or any of the games etc, and it will start to at least try and compile the whole OS, no matter what component you select to compile first, is that right?
No. Very little of the Windows source code leaked, and as far as I know, it's impossible to compile any of it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:08 pm 
FTP Access

Why is it impossible to compile any of it? I was thinking all you would need is a C/C++ compiler to compile it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:37 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Presumably if you can't compile the code (I never tried it myself) some vital part is missing that can't easily be replicated, like some non-public header files needed or included source files/libraries.

However I doubt that if programs like notepad and mspaint leaked they would link to any such libraries, but if I recall that source code was meant for porting Windows apps to Linux, so it would probably be just kernel and API stuff.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:59 pm 
FTP Access

But to run Windows programs on Linux, don't you need a special tool called ''WINE''?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:06 pm 
Donator

Quote:
No. Very little of the Windows source code leaked, and as far as I know, it's impossible to compile any of it.

Really? I successfully compiled most of D:\nt\private\sdktools\ and all of D:\NT\private\ntos\boot.

SDK Applications: (IDW)
Code:
[.]            [..]           1394API.DLL    a2coff.exe     ABOUTWEP.DLL   ACCESS.EXE
ACLLIST.EXE    ADDFILE.EXE    ADDPROJ.EXE    ADDUSER.EXE    ADSIEDIT.DLL   ADVPACK.DLL
ALIAS.EXE      APIDLL.DLL     APIMON.EXE     AUTOWRAP.EXE   BASEWIN.EXE    beep.exe
BIN2C.EXE      BIND.EXE       BINGEN.EXE     binplace.exe   breakin.exe    BROWDEB.EXE
BROWMON.EXE    BROWSTAT.EXE   build.exe      buildnum.exe   CABARC.EXE     CAT.EXE
CATS.EXE       CATSRC.EXE     cdb.exe        CDP.EXE        CERT2SPC.EXE   CERTEXTS.DLL
CERTMGR.EXE    CHECKREL.EXE   CHKEFS.EXE     CHKSUM.EXE     CHKTRUST.EXE   CHKVERFY.EXE
CHMODE.EXE     CLEANINF.EXE   CLEARMEM.EXE   cmdevent.exe   CMPVER.EXE     COMPDIR.EXE
COMPINST.EXE   CONNECT.EXE    COOKIE.EXE     CP.EXE         CPUSTRES.EXE   CREATFIL.EXE
CRUEL.EXE      CT.EXE         CTRLIST.EXE    CTUI.EXE       CUSTCON.EXE    CXXFLT.DLL
DBMON.EXE      DBWIN32.EXE    DCOMP.EXE      DCONNECT.EXE   DEFECT.EXE     DELFILE.EXE
DELNODE.EXE    DELPROF.EXE    DELPROJ.EXE    DEPENDS.EXE    DEVPRE.EXE     DH.EXE
DHCMP.EXE      DHCPCLI.EXE    DHCPCMD.EXE    DHCPTST.EXE    DIAMOND.EXE    DIAMWRAP.EXE
DIFF.EXE       DISKEDIT.EXE   DISKMON.EXE    DLCHECK.EXE    DLTADMIN.EXE   DMTOOL.EXE
DNSCMD.EXE     DOMMON.EXE     DOSDEV.EXE     DRIVEMAP.EXE   DSACLS.EXE     DSKBENCH.EXE
DU.EXE         dumpchk.exe    DUMPEXAM.EXE   DUMPFLOP.EXE   DUMPGRP.EXE    DUMPREF.EXE
ECH.EXE        ECHOTIME.EXE   EMPTY.EXE      ENCADDRS.EXE   ENLIST.EXE     ETHSTAT.EXE
EXCTRLST.EXE   EXP.EXE        EXPIRED.EXE    EXTAG.EXE      EXTRACT.EXE    FCOM.EXE
FILES.EXE      FILEVER.EXE    FILTER.EXE     FIX31GRP.EXE   FIXDIFF.EXE    FIXLINKS.EXE
FRESPACE.EXE   FTBREAK.EXE    FTEXTEND.EXE   FTINIT.EXE     FTLINK.EXE     FTMIRROR.EXE
FTORPHAN.EXE   FTPART.EXE     FTREDIST.EXE   FTREGEN.EXE    FTSTATE.EXE    FTSTRIPE.EXE
FTSWP.EXE      FTVOLSET.EXE   GENERR.EXE     gensrv.exe     GENXX.EXE      GETBIN.EXE
GETDBG.EXE     gflags.exe     GOLF.EXE       GUIDLIB.EXE    HD.EXE         HDIVIDE.EXE
HE.EXE         HEAD.EXE       HEAPMON.EXE    hextract.exe   HIVEPP.EXE     HSPLIT.EXE
IEXPAND.EXE    IEXPRESS.EXE   IMAGECFG.EXE   IMAGECHK.EXE   IN.EXE         INFCAT.EXE
INFS.EXE       INFSIZE.EXE    INI.EXE        INSTALER.EXE   IODLL.DLL      KBDTOOL.EXE
KERNPROF.EXE   KERNRATE.EXE   KERNTWK.EXE    kill.exe       KRBTEST.EXE    LAYOUT.EXE
LDP.EXE        LEAKYAPP.EXE   LINKS.EXE      list.exe       LISTMUNG.EXE   LNKDUMP.EXE
LOC.EXE        LOCAL.EXE      LOG.EXE        logoff.exe     LS.EXE         LSAEXTS.DLL
M4.EXE         MACCSP.EXE     MAKECAB.EXE    MAKECAT.EXE    MAKECERT.EXE   MAKECTL.EXE
MAKEDISK.EXE   MAPMSG.EXE     MBYTES.EXE     MCPYFILE.EXE   MEMAVAIL.EXE   MEMFILT.EXE
MEMSNAP.EXE    MEPPARTY.DLL   MERGE.EXE      MIDLEB.EXE     MIDLPG.EXE     MIDLYACC.EXE
mkcdir.exe     MKUPDATE.EXE   MLAYOUT.EXE    MOVEME.EXE     MRC.EXE        MSHTMPAD.EXE
MSIZE.EXE      MTC.EXE        MTTF.EXE       MTTFVWR.EXE    MUIBLD.EXE     MUNGE.EXE
MV.EXE         NCLIPPS.DLL    NETCLIP.EXE    NETDIAG.EXE    NETJOIN.EXE    NETPERM.EXE
NETTEST.EXE    newer.exe      NLMON.EXE      NLTEST.EXE     NTIMER.EXE     NVRAM.EXE
OBJDIR.EXE     OBJMON.EXE     OEMINF.EXE     OH.EXE         OHCMP.EXE      OPENALL.EXE
OPPREC.EXE     ORDER.EXE      OUT.EXE        PACKER.EXE     PAGEHEAP.EXE   paranoia.exe
PARCOMP.EXE    PARSYNC.EXE    PASSPROP.EXE   PCALL.EXE      PCMCMD.EXE     PDBDUMP.EXE
PEGGED.EXE     PNPINIT.EXE    PPERF.EXE      PPR.EXE        PPTPKDX.DLL    PRETTY.EXE
PRODFILT.EXE   profile.exe    PSXHELLO.EXE   qfetool.exe    QGREP.EXE      QUICKRUN.EXE
RCDATA1.DLL    RCDUMP.EXE     rcmd.exe       readline.exe   REGDIR.EXE     REGDMP.EXE
REGFIND.EXE    REGINI.EXE     remote.exe     REMOTEDS.EXE   REPADMIN.EXE   REPAIR.EXE
RESCAN.EXE     REVERSI.EXE    ROLLBACK.EXE   ROSHARE.EXE    RPCEXTS.DLL    RSRC.EXE
RWINF.DLL      RWMAC.DLL      RWRES32.DLL    RWWIN16.DLL    RWWIN32.DLL    SADMIN.EXE
sclist.exe     SCOMP.EXE      scsiinf.exe    SECEDT.DLL     SECEDT.EXE     SECLIST.EXE
SETEDIT.EXE    SETLINK.EXE    SHOWINST.EXE   SHOWPERF.EXE   SHOWSIG.EXE    SHUTDOWN.EXE
SIGNCODE.EXE   SIGNCSP.EXE    SIZE.EXE       sleep.exe      SLM.EXE        SLMCK.EXE
SLMDIFF.EXE    SLMED.EXE      SMBTRACE.EXE   SNAKE.EXE      SNMPUTIL.EXE   solidpp.exe
SPLINFO.EXE    SPLITSYM.EXE   SRCH.EXE       SRVNAME.EXE    SSYNC.EXE      STAMPDNS.EXE
STAMPINF.EXE   STARTPGM.EXE   STATUS.EXE     STATW32.DLL    STGEDIT.EXE    strings.exe
STRIPINF.EXE   STRMDBG.EXE    STRUCTO.EXE    SUCK.EXE       SWITCHER.EXE   SYMLINK.EXE
SYNC.EXE       TAIL.EXE       TAIPEI.EXE     takeown.exe    TC.EXE         TEE.EXE
TICTAC.EXE     TIMEIT.EXE     TIMER.EXE      TIMERW32.DLL   TLIST.EXE      TOUCH.EXE
TPDIFF.EXE     TRANS.EXE      TRUSTDOM.EXE   TZ.EXE         UIXPORT.EXE    UNDOINST.EXE
UNITEXT.EXE    UNITS.EXE      UNMERGE.EXE    UPD.EXE        UPDCAT.EXE     UPDFILE.EXE
UPDRN.EXE      VI.EXE         W95INF32.DLL   WAIT.EXE       WALK.EXE       WC.EXE
WCSHDR.EXE     WEXTRACT.EXE   WHATIS.EXE     WHERE.EXE      WHO.EXE        WIN1394.EXE
WINCLIP.DLL    WINDISK.EXE    WINERROR.EXE   WINOBJ.EXE     WINSCHK.EXE    WINSCL.EXE
WINSDRV.EXE    WNBSTAT.EXE    WS.EXE         WS2HDR.EXE     WS2INST.EXE    wsacl.exe
XDOSNET.EXE    XEROX.EXE      xmas.exe       YAPT.EXE       YNC.EXE        Z.EXE
ZEXTENS.DLL    zwapi.exe

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
squidward_ wrote:
But to run Windows programs on Linux, don't you need a special tool called ''WINE''?

Yes

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:41 pm 
FTP Access

What program did you use to compile the code? Also, after compilation, did all of the files have the same timestamp?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:49 pm 
Donator

1. Microsoft Visual Studio 6.00 and the Windows 2000 and 2003DDKs
2. No, they were compiled several minutes apart. (Human)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 pm 
FTP Access

But I thought that the way the different Windows versions was written, it was done by entirely by humans typing up code and then clicking Compile, and the compiler applies the same timestamp to all the files at once by design.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:05 pm 
Donator

The MSBuild utility was acting weird so I had to compile each and every file by hand.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:43 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Windows OCManage wrote:
Quote:

Really? I successfully compiled most of D:\nt\private\sdktools\ and all of D:\NT\private\ntos\boot.

SDK Applications: (IDW)
Code:
[.]            [..]           1394API.DLL    a2coff.exe     ABOUTWEP.DLL   ACCESS.EXE
ACLLIST.EXE    ADDFILE.EXE    ADDPROJ.EXE    ADDUSER.EXE    ADSIEDIT.DLL   ADVPACK.DLL
ALIAS.EXE      APIDLL.DLL     APIMON.EXE     AUTOWRAP.EXE   BASEWIN.EXE    beep.exe
BIN2C.EXE      BIND.EXE       BINGEN.EXE     binplace.exe   breakin.exe    BROWDEB.EXE
BROWMON.EXE    BROWSTAT.EXE   build.exe      buildnum.exe   CABARC.EXE     CAT.EXE
CATS.EXE       CATSRC.EXE     cdb.exe        CDP.EXE        CERT2SPC.EXE   CERTEXTS.DLL
CERTMGR.EXE    CHECKREL.EXE   CHKEFS.EXE     CHKSUM.EXE     CHKTRUST.EXE   CHKVERFY.EXE
CHMODE.EXE     CLEANINF.EXE   CLEARMEM.EXE   cmdevent.exe   CMPVER.EXE     COMPDIR.EXE
COMPINST.EXE   CONNECT.EXE    COOKIE.EXE     CP.EXE         CPUSTRES.EXE   CREATFIL.EXE
CRUEL.EXE      CT.EXE         CTRLIST.EXE    CTUI.EXE       CUSTCON.EXE    CXXFLT.DLL
DBMON.EXE      DBWIN32.EXE    DCOMP.EXE      DCONNECT.EXE   DEFECT.EXE     DELFILE.EXE
DELNODE.EXE    DELPROF.EXE    DELPROJ.EXE    DEPENDS.EXE    DEVPRE.EXE     DH.EXE
DHCMP.EXE      DHCPCLI.EXE    DHCPCMD.EXE    DHCPTST.EXE    DIAMOND.EXE    DIAMWRAP.EXE
DIFF.EXE       DISKEDIT.EXE   DISKMON.EXE    DLCHECK.EXE    DLTADMIN.EXE   DMTOOL.EXE
DNSCMD.EXE     DOMMON.EXE     DOSDEV.EXE     DRIVEMAP.EXE   DSACLS.EXE     DSKBENCH.EXE
DU.EXE         dumpchk.exe    DUMPEXAM.EXE   DUMPFLOP.EXE   DUMPGRP.EXE    DUMPREF.EXE
ECH.EXE        ECHOTIME.EXE   EMPTY.EXE      ENCADDRS.EXE   ENLIST.EXE     ETHSTAT.EXE
EXCTRLST.EXE   EXP.EXE        EXPIRED.EXE    EXTAG.EXE      EXTRACT.EXE    FCOM.EXE
FILES.EXE      FILEVER.EXE    FILTER.EXE     FIX31GRP.EXE   FIXDIFF.EXE    FIXLINKS.EXE
FRESPACE.EXE   FTBREAK.EXE    FTEXTEND.EXE   FTINIT.EXE     FTLINK.EXE     FTMIRROR.EXE
FTORPHAN.EXE   FTPART.EXE     FTREDIST.EXE   FTREGEN.EXE    FTSTATE.EXE    FTSTRIPE.EXE
FTSWP.EXE      FTVOLSET.EXE   GENERR.EXE     gensrv.exe     GENXX.EXE      GETBIN.EXE
GETDBG.EXE     gflags.exe     GOLF.EXE       GUIDLIB.EXE    HD.EXE         HDIVIDE.EXE
HE.EXE         HEAD.EXE       HEAPMON.EXE    hextract.exe   HIVEPP.EXE     HSPLIT.EXE
IEXPAND.EXE    IEXPRESS.EXE   IMAGECFG.EXE   IMAGECHK.EXE   IN.EXE         INFCAT.EXE
INFS.EXE       INFSIZE.EXE    INI.EXE        INSTALER.EXE   IODLL.DLL      KBDTOOL.EXE
KERNPROF.EXE   KERNRATE.EXE   KERNTWK.EXE    kill.exe       KRBTEST.EXE    LAYOUT.EXE
LDP.EXE        LEAKYAPP.EXE   LINKS.EXE      list.exe       LISTMUNG.EXE   LNKDUMP.EXE
LOC.EXE        LOCAL.EXE      LOG.EXE        logoff.exe     LS.EXE         LSAEXTS.DLL
M4.EXE         MACCSP.EXE     MAKECAB.EXE    MAKECAT.EXE    MAKECERT.EXE   MAKECTL.EXE
MAKEDISK.EXE   MAPMSG.EXE     MBYTES.EXE     MCPYFILE.EXE   MEMAVAIL.EXE   MEMFILT.EXE
MEMSNAP.EXE    MEPPARTY.DLL   MERGE.EXE      MIDLEB.EXE     MIDLPG.EXE     MIDLYACC.EXE
mkcdir.exe     MKUPDATE.EXE   MLAYOUT.EXE    MOVEME.EXE     MRC.EXE        MSHTMPAD.EXE
MSIZE.EXE      MTC.EXE        MTTF.EXE       MTTFVWR.EXE    MUIBLD.EXE     MUNGE.EXE
MV.EXE         NCLIPPS.DLL    NETCLIP.EXE    NETDIAG.EXE    NETJOIN.EXE    NETPERM.EXE
NETTEST.EXE    newer.exe      NLMON.EXE      NLTEST.EXE     NTIMER.EXE     NVRAM.EXE
OBJDIR.EXE     OBJMON.EXE     OEMINF.EXE     OH.EXE         OHCMP.EXE      OPENALL.EXE
OPPREC.EXE     ORDER.EXE      OUT.EXE        PACKER.EXE     PAGEHEAP.EXE   paranoia.exe
PARCOMP.EXE    PARSYNC.EXE    PASSPROP.EXE   PCALL.EXE      PCMCMD.EXE     PDBDUMP.EXE
PEGGED.EXE     PNPINIT.EXE    PPERF.EXE      PPR.EXE        PPTPKDX.DLL    PRETTY.EXE
PRODFILT.EXE   profile.exe    PSXHELLO.EXE   qfetool.exe    QGREP.EXE      QUICKRUN.EXE
RCDATA1.DLL    RCDUMP.EXE     rcmd.exe       readline.exe   REGDIR.EXE     REGDMP.EXE
REGFIND.EXE    REGINI.EXE     remote.exe     REMOTEDS.EXE   REPADMIN.EXE   REPAIR.EXE
RESCAN.EXE     REVERSI.EXE    ROLLBACK.EXE   ROSHARE.EXE    RPCEXTS.DLL    RSRC.EXE
RWINF.DLL      RWMAC.DLL      RWRES32.DLL    RWWIN16.DLL    RWWIN32.DLL    SADMIN.EXE
sclist.exe     SCOMP.EXE      scsiinf.exe    SECEDT.DLL     SECEDT.EXE     SECLIST.EXE
SETEDIT.EXE    SETLINK.EXE    SHOWINST.EXE   SHOWPERF.EXE   SHOWSIG.EXE    SHUTDOWN.EXE
SIGNCODE.EXE   SIGNCSP.EXE    SIZE.EXE       sleep.exe      SLM.EXE        SLMCK.EXE
SLMDIFF.EXE    SLMED.EXE      SMBTRACE.EXE   SNAKE.EXE      SNMPUTIL.EXE   solidpp.exe
SPLINFO.EXE    SPLITSYM.EXE   SRCH.EXE       SRVNAME.EXE    SSYNC.EXE      STAMPDNS.EXE
STAMPINF.EXE   STARTPGM.EXE   STATUS.EXE     STATW32.DLL    STGEDIT.EXE    strings.exe
STRIPINF.EXE   STRMDBG.EXE    STRUCTO.EXE    SUCK.EXE       SWITCHER.EXE   SYMLINK.EXE
SYNC.EXE       TAIL.EXE       TAIPEI.EXE     takeown.exe    TC.EXE         TEE.EXE
TICTAC.EXE     TIMEIT.EXE     TIMER.EXE      TIMERW32.DLL   TLIST.EXE      TOUCH.EXE
TPDIFF.EXE     TRANS.EXE      TRUSTDOM.EXE   TZ.EXE         UIXPORT.EXE    UNDOINST.EXE
UNITEXT.EXE    UNITS.EXE      UNMERGE.EXE    UPD.EXE        UPDCAT.EXE     UPDFILE.EXE
UPDRN.EXE      VI.EXE         W95INF32.DLL   WAIT.EXE       WALK.EXE       WC.EXE
WCSHDR.EXE     WEXTRACT.EXE   WHATIS.EXE     WHERE.EXE      WHO.EXE        WIN1394.EXE
WINCLIP.DLL    WINDISK.EXE    WINERROR.EXE   WINOBJ.EXE     WINSCHK.EXE    WINSCL.EXE
WINSDRV.EXE    WNBSTAT.EXE    WS.EXE         WS2HDR.EXE     WS2INST.EXE    wsacl.exe
XDOSNET.EXE    XEROX.EXE      xmas.exe       YAPT.EXE       YNC.EXE        Z.EXE
ZEXTENS.DLL    zwapi.exe
Stand corrected. That's pretty cool - I remember hearing that they weren't able to be compiled not too long ago, but it's pretty interesting to see that it can be done - my bad.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next