BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 18h, 22m | CPU: 39% | MEM: 6064MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: new Windows 7 build 6801 for ms partner        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:17 pm 
FTP Access

There's a new windows 7 build out for some partners of Microsoft.

Unseren Quellen zufolge hat Microsoft vor kurzem eine weitere frühe Vorabversion an ausgesuchte Tester verteilt. Diese trägt die Buildnummer 6801 und steht aktuell nur wenigen Partnern des Softwarekonzerns zu Testzwecken zur Verfügung. Was eventuelle Neuerungen in dieser Version angeht, ist nur wenig bekannt.

Before the microsoft events PDC and WinHEC more and more information about Windows 7 become public.
Our sources told us that a new build of Windows 7 was given to selected testers. The build number is 6801 and was published to some rare partner of Microsoft. There are no information about new features yet.

screenshot gallery ("nächste" = next page, "zurück" = recent page, click on screenshot to view in fullsize)

Microsoft removed the IE "Accelerators" from Windows. The toolbar which was in the taskbar doesn't exists anymore. A new feature is a new wizard to adjust the color management for displays and a new wizard for creating system recovery media (/disks).

The Windows Update was updated visually. The dialogs for doing and update have been remade and should give a better overview. There shall be a new taskbar in build 6801 too which could not be seen in our [winfuture's] sources.

Furthermore there have been relased localized builds to testers now. Whereas the 32 bit version is going to be released with prepacked languages, the 64 bit version is going to be to have only mui-packages to change the system language.

Whereas the testing microsoft partner can discover the new build 6801, the developement should be should be a lot ahead. Internally they say that they are experimenting with build number 6900 already. But there are no information about any changes.

source

(i just did a quick translation. there can be a lot of mistakes but although i guess you can understand it =P )

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:34 pm 
Donator

UPDATE: Andy has the screenshots up here: http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/screenshot ... ld%206801/

Well, this just destroys the [censored] out of any of the news I was going to post.

All 34 images grabbed from winfuture.de here: http://www.bitsurge.net/files/win7-6801.rar

I like the new stretchy looking marks around the start orb. I wonder what the lighthouse and that bar on the right of the taskbar are.

Last edited by QuiescentWonder on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 7955
Right off the bat, i would have to say that there are too many screenshots, with too much detail (in line with past builds, and that makes sense with the direction MS was heading) for it to be fake.

Other than that, I''m liking the changes, and I can't wait for the PDC build :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:39 pm 
Donator

It hadn't even occured to me that this may be fake. It seemed real enough to me not to even bring it up.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:42 pm 
FTP Access

here's a translation of one comment:

"I've heard from a MS-Insider that the registry in Window 7 will be replaced with SQL. He meant that e.g. for each application there will be created a table and you can 'drop' the table to delete all data of this application"

Sounds nice ... but can also be only a rumor ..

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:43 pm 
Donator

That would be a great feature. It would be much much easier to clean up a Windows installation if that's the case. I hope it's true.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:48 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
They could at least provide us with the recovery disc that's being made :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:54 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
QuiescentWonder wrote:
I like the new stretchy looking marks around the start orb. I wonder what the lighthouse and that bar on the right of the taskbar are.

Can't remember what the lighthouse is, but that bar is apparently 'Show Desktop'

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:00 pm 
FTP Access

Yeh, far right on the taskbar IS show desktop

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:09 pm 
Donator

So MS has broke the 6800 build number now, moving right along.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
About what sibbl wrote: IF that happens, I think that would be a great change, solving maaaaaaaany problems. But won't it cause compatibility problems to older applications? IF this happens, this would be the biggest change made in Windows history.

About 6801: I like WMP 12 and I looove the new start menu and taskbar. Paint and Wordpad has the new interface, but I can't say If this is good, We'll see that in the everyday use. Recovery Disc created IN Windows: That's also a handy feature.

Can someone explain me what's this?
Code:
http://winfuture.de/?nolayout=1&rs=1&page=wfv4/BSv2/scg.show.php&pic_id=1223485117

Safe mode maybe?

Last edited by Hackerpcs on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:21 pm 
Donator

The lighthouse is/was Windows Solution (formerly Health) Center I think?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:32 pm 
FTP Access

Hacker?pcs wrote:

Code:
http://winfuture.de/?nolayout=1&rs=1&page=wfv4/BSv2/scg.show.php&pic_id=1223485117

Safe mode maybe?

Win 7 with the basic theme applied? :|

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:45 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
bns06 wrote:
Hacker?pcs wrote:

Code:

Safe mode maybe?

Win 7 with the basic theme applied? :|

Pretty buggy :/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:02 am 
Donator

What's buggy?

Also:
Quote:
won't it cause compatibility problems to older applications?

I'm sure they could just make it transparent to applications.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
QuiescentWonder wrote:
What's buggy?

Also:
Quote:
won't it cause compatibility problems to older applications?

I'm sure they could just make it transparent to applications.

Code:

Look at the start orb

Registry and dll hell are MS weaknesses. I'm not so sure about this :/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:36 am 
Donator

Hacker?pcs wrote:

The start orb doesn't look buggy to me. What's wrong with it?

Also, you don't know about what? The thing they're talking about would making dealing with the registry easier and would make cleaning it up easier.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:59 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Hacker?pcs wrote:

The start orb doesn't look buggy to me. What's wrong with it?

Also, you don't know about what? The thing they're talking about would making dealing with the registry easier and would make cleaning it up easier.

Look at another screenshot and compare the two.

Quote:
I've heard from a MS-Insider that the registry in Window 7 will be replaced with SQL. He meant that e.g. for each application there will be created a table and you can 'drop' the table to delete all data of this application

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:08 am 
Donator

Hacker?pcs wrote:

Ever heard of something called "mouse-over effect"?

Edit: The phrase I was looking for was actually "selected item", but you catch the drift I hope. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
ddew wrote:
Hacker?pcs wrote:

Ever heard of something called "mouse-over effect"?

Edit: The phrase I was looking for was actually "selected item", but you catch the drift I hope. :)

In this screenshot:
Code:

Orb is small, cut and isn't smooth. I think it's not affiliated with mouse-over effect or selected item.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 am 
Donator

I didn't notice that screenshot before, I see the problem now. You still can't claim that it's "pretty buggy" just because the start orb is screwed up in one screenshot, have you actually used it? Maybe it's a good idea that Microsoft is trying to keep even screenshots under wraps, now people see a graphical bug in a screenshot and claim the operating system is pretty buggy. If I had an unleaked alpha/beta of any Microsoft software, you would be the reason I wouldn't leak it.

Hacker?pcs wrote:
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Hacker?pcs wrote:

Quote:
I've heard from a MS-Insider that the registry in Window 7 will be replaced with SQL. He meant that e.g. for each application there will be created a table and you can 'drop' the table to delete all data of this application

Were you trying to point out something obvious that I don't understand? I don't see where you're going with bolding part of the quote.

There is no way that Microsoft is ditching the registry or even changing it so that applications have to change, most likely, if they're actually doing anything, the changes are going to be transparent to most applications. Redoing the registry as we know it would be a HUGE undertaking for Microsoft and it would break mostly all major applications. There will be a registry. It simply being SQL based and giving each installed application it's own table doesn't mean the registry isn't going to exist or look any different to applications trying to access it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:08 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
QuiescentWonder wrote:
I didn't notice that screenshot before, I see the problem now. You still can't claim that it's "pretty buggy" just because the start orb is screwed up in one screenshot, have you actually used it? Maybe it's a good idea that Microsoft is trying to keep even screenshots under wraps, now people see a graphical bug in a screenshot and claim the operating system is pretty buggy. If I had an unleaked alpha/beta of any Microsoft software, you would be the reason I wouldn't leak it.

Hacker?pcs wrote:
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Hacker?pcs wrote:

Quote:

Were you trying to point out something obvious that I don't understand? I don't see where you're going with bolding part of the quote.

There is no way that Microsoft is ditching the registry or even changing it so that applications have to change, most likely, if they're actually doing anything, the changes are going to be transparent to most applications. Redoing the registry as we know it would be a HUGE undertaking for Microsoft and it would break mostly all major applications. There will be a registry. It simply being SQL based and giving each installed application it's own table doesn't mean the registry isn't going to exist or look any different to applications trying to access it.

First calm down.

A user told about an information he found that the registry may be REPLACED with SQL and mentioned IT MAY BE A RUMOR ONLY. I commented and said TWICE "IF this is going to happen", that It will solve many problems. I also said about a screenshot that SEEMS the basic theme is applied and the orb is glitched. bns06 GOT IT IMMEDIATELY, and I said "pretty buggy", meaning the theme, not the whole OS. Then you said they can make the registry trasparent to applications, and I replied commending you only that Microsoft had always problems with registry and dll hell (e.g. system32). After this you said that they do this to improve the registry (as you said: "dealing with the registry easier and would make cleaning it up easier"), but I quoted you the user information for you to see that IF the do this, they will replace the registry, not just improve. Then ddew said that the orb may be like that because of the selected item effect, but I replied to him saying that can't be caused by that, because it is small, cut and not smooth. Finally, you agreed with that and also said that I can't claim that the OS is buggy (SOMETHING THAT I NEVER SAID). You also said correctly that Microsoft can't remove the registry.

Do you understand what happened now?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:15 am 
Donator

In my defense it was a massive brainfart. The classic screenshots didn't register in my head (massive dislike of the classic theme) and I presumed you meant the blue aura around the orb in one of the shots. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:18 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
You got it :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:07 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
SVR 2012R2/Win10
It looks graphically appealing. There looks to be a lot of changes here. I'll be glad once they ship it, or at least when I get a copy of one of these new builds. It's really starting to take shape as its own flavour of Windows, and not just a [censored] child of Vista.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next