BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 54d, 17h, 40m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 5824MB of 10652MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: Goodbye iWinUX!        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:16 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Goodbye iWinUX!

www.iwinux.net redirects to http://chris123nt.com/suspended.page/ so its either hacked or a fake attempt at looking like its shut down :P

Gotta laugh though :P

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 pm 
Donator

chris123nt was the admin of it. thank god it is gone now... it was more or less just a bunch of retards on it in the last month

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:23 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Was thinking of posting this earlier, but thought better of it.

I'm guessing it's an attempt to get out of the whole thing with as few questions asked as possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:34 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Is this a bad joke or what :?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:47 pm 
FTP Access

Ludacris wrote:
chris123nt was the admin of it. thank god it is gone now... it was more or less just a bunch of retards on it in the last month

Shut the [censored] up Daniel

I was posting there and I think you'll find I'm not a retard.

You ruined that community and Chris and BSOD did a great job of making it a great community again along with other staff members.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:50 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
bns06 wrote:
Ludacris wrote:

You ruined that community and Chris and BSOD did a great job of making it a great community again along with other staff members.

Now now people, Daniel didn't say any names, so he may not have even referred to you. Be nice and do not flame. This is a discussion about why its shut down, not a topic to flame members.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:55 pm 
Donator

bns06 wrote:
Ludacris wrote:

i ruined it??? what kind of brainwashing did sam, chris and bsod did to you guys? Hounsell, luk001, mitchell, amon and I built the [censored] up while sam just sat there and did nothing...

Top  Profile  WWW
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Andy wrote:
bns06 wrote:
Ludacris wrote:

Now now people, Daniel didn't say any names, so he may not have even referred to you. Be nice and do not flame. This is a discussion about why its shut down, not a topic to flame members.

Indeed. "More or Less" is hardly inclusive of everyone. And while Daniel did (through ignorance) accidentally delete the iWinUX database some time ago, Chris seems to have intentionally shut it, sort of negating the progress you believe it had made. I can't see this helping matters even if it did come back now...

Top  Profile  WWW
FTP Access

'Bunch of retards' he clearly did. Plus I knew and was friends with the people posting therefore he needs to shut up.

It was closed down because of to many arguments that were going down and things need to be cleared up.

Topic can be closed now, as I've told you why it was closed.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:08 pm 
FTP Access

Ludacris wrote:
bns06 wrote:
Ludacris wrote:

i ruined it??? what kind of brainwashing did sam, chris and bsod did to you guys? Hounsell, luk001, mitchell, amon and I built the [censored] up while sam just sat there and did nothing...

Daniel I was there from the early days to I need no 'brainwashing' everything you do fails. I was there and I saw exact;y what happened.

You don't know wtf your talking about.

As I've said, you know why it closed no need for the topic.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:24 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Hey guys, calm a bit.

As bad as Daniel's mistake was for iWinUX, it was far from what ruined the community. For that, you'd have to look about what happened with the staff during that period. You can't deny that it was the far more damaging event. They made a lot of enemies during that period, and the fact remains that those who ran it afterwards made no attempt to restore those relations

As someone told me, the forum was nothing like what it was intended to be by the end, and maybe that's what really led it off course. It went to far from what it was set out to do. It appealed to a different group of people.

You also can't deny that some areas were intended to directly rival other forums, such as a download system with Public access, and where you could post and gain access to betas. Sound familiar anyone? Not to mention that some of the content was originally taken straight from the BA FTP. Then endless unfulfilled promises of something new coming for members didn't help either.

In the end, iWinUX seemed to have become a forum without a defined purpose, and they all go sooner or later.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:51 pm 
FTP Access

Kudos to what Daniel and Tom said. It was bound to fail. Those who smelt it failing; weren't on drugs or anything. And this is what we have... the result.

Sam, he hosted the site. I think he was the brainwashed here. They took over his community; because he doesn't go online often... they took that as an advantage to recreate a BetaXP-like scenario. Not to my surprise, BetaXP failed due to the retards. (I'm not naming them.) You seen it happening to iWinUX. So History repeats itself.

I knew this earlier on it would happen. That's why I lost my contribution to the forum. I feel bad for Sam. Those such as Chris, BSOD were and ARE the ones to blame.

It's shut down now. And there's nothing we can do about it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:56 pm 
Permanently Banned

like, i lol how he registered the domain in march of this year, and had it registered until 2011, and now he doesn't use it. lol, dongs.

plus, we have too many of these communities, and the majority of them are the cancer of the internet, not like we need another one for talking about the same kinda crap.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:02 pm 
FTP Access

Swift C. wrote:
Kudos to what Daniel and Tom said. It was bound to fail. Those who smelt it failing; weren't on drugs or anything. And this is what we have... the result.

Sam, he hosted the site. I think he was the brainwashed here. They took over his community; because he doesn't go online often... they took that as an advantage to recreate a BetaXP-like scenario. Not to my surprise, BetaXP failed due to the retards. (I'm not naming them.) You seen it happening to iWinUX. So History repeats itself.

I knew this earlier on it would happen. That's why I lost my contribution to the forum. I feel bad for Sam. Those such as Chris, BSOD were and ARE the ones to blame.

It's shut down now. And there's nothing we can do about it.

Chris and BSOD are not to blame in anyway. You don't know what the hell your on about, your not staff at iWinUX.

Chris and BSOD greatly improved the site, the hosting, the quality, the staff. Everything.

The staff that came from BetaXP weren't there any more unless you didn't realise.

It wasn't failing, it was the fact that certain members were arguing and idiots coming onto the board's saying stupid things, thus it was shut down to stop these arguments.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:02 pm 
FTP Access

Zimmy wrote:
like, i lol how he registered the domain in march of this year, and had it registered until 2011, and now he doesn't use it. lol, dongs.

plus, we have too many of these communities, and the majority of them are the cancer of the internet, not like we need another one for talking about the same kinda crap.

Dongs? Wtf? who the [censored] do you think you are?!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Moved to Prevent Flaming continuing

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:12 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Stop the flaming or bans will be issued.

It seems iWinUX is back now, for some unknown reason.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:18 pm 
FTP Access

It's back as the minor issue was fixed.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:18 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
bns06 wrote:
It's back as the minor issue was fixed.

How was the page displayed a "minor error". That is what I can't understand.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:22 pm 
FTP Access

Just a few behind the scenes problems

And Chris has a great sense of humour so set that as the redirect page :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:23 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
bns06 wrote:
Just a few behind the scenes problems

And Chris has a great sense of humour so set that as the redirect page :P

Well to be honest anyone that has that sort of sense of humor I wouldn't trust, since its just not funny, especially to the loyal members of the site who may now never visit again in fear of facing legal action just for visiting the site, since the page did say "against its members" or words to that effect.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:23 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
I bet a few people are gonna be too scared to go back now though...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:26 pm 
FTP Access

Hes 100% trustworthy and many of the loyal members have approached me asking whats wrong so thats fine.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:27 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
bns06 wrote:
Hes 100% trustworthy...

If he was then why did he close the site down and lie to the members? Thats not trustworthiness thats blatant lying and deception.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 pm 
FTP Access

How did he lie?

He put up a redirect page which made most of us laugh

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next