BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 20h, 50m | CPU: 36% | MEM: 5762MB of 10809MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Microsoft releases new Ultimate Extras - Microsoft Tinker        Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:20 am 
Donator

Source: http://www.withinwindows.com/2008/09/23 ... ate-users/

Amongst today’s release of yet more lethargy-inducing Dreamscene videos, was a cute isometric robot game put together by the creative Fuel Industries shop, for Microsoft (and ultimately us). It’s called Tinker and the objective is to complete levels by navigating the robot around various obstacles to reach the end. Sounds easy, right? Yeah, that’s what we all said about Portal…

Microsoft Tinker Extra released to Windows Vista Ultimate users
committed to database on September 23, 2008 at 5:51 pm Eastern Standard Time digg this

Amongst today’s release of yet more lethargy-inducing Dreamscene videos, was a cute isometric robot game put together by the creative Fuel Industries shop, for Microsoft (and ultimately us). It’s called Tinker and the objective is to complete levels by navigating the robot around various obstacles to reach the end. Sounds easy, right? Yeah, that’s what we all said about Portal…

Finished all 60 maps already? While waiting for the next “regularly scheduled” push out of levels, you can download the very editor used by the team and build your own levels for exchange with friends. Or you could record gameplay videos. Or you could even try your hand at unlocking all the achievements and passing each level under par. Or you could just sit and listen to the music. You get the idea.

Productivity levels around the world will be at an all-time low this week. Let’s hope IT administrators can block this via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)…

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:35 am 
Donator

heres some pics

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 am 
the robot reminds me to "Wall-E" :P

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Aww... I expected 'Hold Em to get a update so that you can play it online with people all over the world just like the Zone games. But I guess this is acceptable as an ultimate extra...

I use Windows XP Media Center Edition

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:03 pm 
FTP Access

I wonder when/if it will be brought to other versions of Vista (not by MS of course). I don't think Hold'em was ever brought over to other versions of Vista by other people. :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:58 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Actually, Hold'Em was able to be hacked so that even people without Vista Ultimate can play it(Not for Windows XP). The Sound Schemes can be played by anyone no matter what unless they aren't a bunch of .wav files.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 pm 
Donator

What Hotfix# is this?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows
i like the new game
i think that little robot is so funny and cute!
i mean it dances when you pass the level!

also i love that i can play it with the 360 controller

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:03 am 
FTP Access

Thlump wrote:
Actually, Hold'Em was able to be hacked so that even people without Vista Ultimate can play it(Not for Windows XP). The Sound Schemes can be played by anyone no matter what unless they aren't a bunch of .wav files.

WHAT?

I was never able to find it... :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:08 am 
FTP Access

Windows OCManage wrote:
What Hotfix# is this?

They don't seem to have KB numbers, there are none next to them in Windows Update and the link for further information just takes you to a general Vista Ultimate page.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:36 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Ambig wrote:
Thlump wrote:

WHAT?

I was never able to find it... :cry:

It exists, I have no idea if Hold'Em was hacked for Vista Premium/Basic/Starter/Business/Enterprise but it has been hacked for all versions of Windows XP.

Wikipedia wrote:
The various MUI packs and Hold 'Em have been hacked to run on non-Ultimate versions of Windows Vista.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:42 am 
Donator

Probably using Vista Vaio, kinda shitty name considering Sony has a line of computers named Vaio. Goog luck finding their website anymore though, first they shut down, then they merged with some other group, then that group shut down. Their software allowed you to run Windows Vista apps in XP.

EDIT: Found their website here: http://fromvistatoxp.com/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:46 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Probably using Vista Vaio, kinda [censored] name considering Sony has a line of computers named Vaio. Goog luck finding their website anymore though, first they shut down, then they merged with some other group, then that group shut down. Their software allowed you to run Windows Vista apps in XP.

EDIT: Found their website here: http://fromvistatoxp.com/

Actually, Alky 1.1 is used to run Vista games in XP, with the exception of Inkball because I have a Windows XP-oriented version of it :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:13 am 
Donator

Alky was originally Vista Vaio, which was just meant to run Vista applications in XP. Then it merged with something and turned into Alky. Read the manual, you can run most Windows Vista apps (including the side-bar) on XP/Server 2003 using it.

I even made a crappy little installer for it before it came bundled with one, my website to this day gets hits for the installer even though it hasn't been there for at least a year. You can find links to it on neowin and some other forums.

If you can find vaiop1hf3inst092c.exe that's one of the installers I made, I'll have to dig around to find the rest. It was an interesting adventure in batch scripting for me.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]