BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 0h, 40m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 2308MB of 3979MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Released        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Vista x64 SP1
I've just downloaded it and using it briefly it seems good, Google Maps now works and I don't need IE7 emulation on for most sites.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx

I'll probably discover more in everyday use, still my favourite browser

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit, AMD Phenom 9950BE OC to 3.01GHz, 8GB OCZ Platinum 1066MHz, 1TB HDD, BFG nVidia GeForce GTX 285 OC 1GB, SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Edition Champion Series

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Already posted here:

http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5378

And from what i read there its not so stable version.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Ahh....I did do a search for it but nothing came up, I can't view those forums yet but as its publicly available at least now everyone else can hear about it (did think it was odd no one had beat me to it).

I havn't had any instability issues yet, being used on three machines, what are people experiencing?

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit, AMD Phenom 9950BE OC to 3.01GHz, 8GB OCZ Platinum 1066MHz, 1TB HDD, BFG nVidia GeForce GTX 285 OC 1GB, SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Edition Champion Series

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:18 pm 
Mr. Bird Poo wrote:
I havn't had any instability issues yet, being used on three machines, what are people experiencing?

After having so much greif with IE7 on XP, I shudder at the thought of using IE8...
Plus I disliked IE7's new interface 100%...
If I'm forced to upgrade from 6, I'll probably try another browser, unless someone
can convince me that IE8's stability is 100%, & have used it for 6+ months...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:10 pm 
Donator

KenOath wrote:
Mr. Bird Poo wrote:

After having so much greif with IE7 on XP, I shudder at the thought of using IE8...
If I'm forced to upgrade from 6, I'll probably try another browser, unless someone

I had used IE 8 B1 time to times for more than 6 months and i could tell it that its 100% unstable after 30 minutes of browsering. IE 8 takes up to 400MB to run when you got 5 tabs open viewing normal stuff (not flash games). IE 8 Beta 2 isn't that much better, but whatever.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:19 pm 

I use in HP.com because firefox faulty give sum of price...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
XDude wrote:
KenOath wrote:
Mr. Bird Poo wrote:

I had used IE 8 B1 time to times for more than 6 months and i could tell it that its 100% unstable after 30 minutes of browsering. IE 8 takes up to 400MB to run when you got 5 tabs open viewing normal stuff (not flash games). IE 8 Beta 2 isn't that much better, but whatever.

(That's Internet Explorer Seven.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:37 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mmm....noticed high memory usage but really not a problem for me, about 100mb being used. Just had issues with Google not showing all results, in the end turned on compatibility and it works. But a site like Google Search just should always work.

Still a lot better than Beta 1 which I used for a while because I couldn't be bothered to remove it, and I'll probs stick with Beta 2 for the moment as well.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:07 pm 
Donator

Thlump: There is something wrong with your computer. IE7 isn't that bad.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:43 pm 
IE8 beta 2 still hasn't good download manager, and other functions, witch allready include firefox, and opera :(

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:08 am 
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Thlump: There is something wrong with your computer. IE7 isn't that bad.

From where i'm sitting, IE7 is junk, the amount of problems it's created on peoples systems
since being released, is mind boggling...
Even long standing members on MS's own technet forums are stating such...
There's nothing more frustrating that spending half an hour or so finally finding
something you'd been searching, only to have it crash, & give a message stating
it had to restart, & continually restart everytime you attempt to re-open the lost
page via you browsers history...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:23 am 
Donator

IE7 is junk and so is IE8 Beta 2.
Somethings like google map works better while facebook's chat is screwed.
What can I say? MS needs a new boss!
Luckly I could still post on BA with IE8.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:59 am 
Permanently Banned

betafan1984 wrote:
IE8 beta 2 still hasn't good download manager, and other functions, witch allready include firefox, and opera :(

What pisses me off is that the Tasman-based IE5 for Mac had a great firefox-like download manager, but they never adapted the concept for the Trident based browsers, even though most modern browsers for Windows have it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:40 pm 
IE 6.05 in Longhorn 4074 also had nice download manager, but later versions haven't it :(

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:48 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
KenOath wrote:
There's nothing more frustrating that spending half an hour or so finally finding something you'd been searching, only to have it crash, & give a message stating it had to restart, & continually restart everytime you attempt to re-open the lost
page via you browsers history...

Can't say it never crashed but from what I remember when it crashed and restarted I was given the option to load all the tabs up that I had which never let me down.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:32 pm 
Donator

Yeah, the same thing occasionally happens in Firefox.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:15 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Yeah, the same thing occasionally happens in Firefox.
It does happen, though not as often for me. IE7 only takes up more memory when I load a application in Facebook that requires flash. Weirdly, Firefox does not do the same when I load the same application.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:34 am 
Donator

Microsoft had better make IE 8 better than IE 7. Otherwise, more people are going to leave the Internet Explorer and look for replacements. The majority of people using Internet Explorer are only using it because it happened to be the web browser that was there when they turned on their PC. Since Internet Explorer gets you on the internet, most people are fine with just that. However if they mess up on IE 8, people might not be fine with it just getting them on the internet.

Even 7 I find to be annoying. On my mum's computer it takes something like two minutes for Internet Explorer 7 to fully load and show up the page. After the long startup, it seems to work fine except for the fact that my mum is having issues getting onto Yahoo with Internet Explorer...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:42 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows
i love this new beta beta 1 was laggy and unuseable now beta 2 is 10x better than ie7 and 100x better than ie8 beta 1
loads faster,looks kinda funky but i love it

fast stable and i like that InPrivte thing

im really happy with IE8

and opens faster than FF3 , Safari and Ie7

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:43 pm 
Donator

Look, I don't seem to have the same problems, which means it's your computer. Sure it's slower than Firefox. I myself mainly use Firefox, but you're making IE7 out like it's just a big piece of crap. You know what? My laptop was made before Vista RTM'd, was $600, and IE7 runs fine on my machine. I have plenty of complaints about IE7 as a web developer... Also complaints about it's security. While I understand Firefox might actually not be any more secure, most malware takes advantage of security problems with IE, not Firefox. Point is, there are things to complain about when it comes to IE7, the things your complaining about obviously don't apply to everyone.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]