BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 17h, 45m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 6099MB of 11423MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows Small Business Server 2008 RTM        Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:24 pm 
FTP Access

Was surprised to receive this email today as I thought this (and EBS) weren't going to RTM until near the end of the year (though it doesn't look like the RTM build will be available to us for a while yet) -

Microsoft wrote:
Cougar Beta Participants,

We are very excited to announce the RTM of Small Business Server 2008 today! This is a huge milestone for the team here, as well as all of you who have played a pivotal role in providing feedback on this product. We on the product team want to say "THANK YOU!" for the hours you've spent installing builds, discussing issues on the newsgroups, and filing all of those bugs we love! The SBS Community CANNOT be topped, and this release is just another example of that!

What's next?
We'll be making the Evaluation builds available on the Microsoft CARE site within a month
Complimentary Not for Resale copies of SBS will be awarded to Beta participants, based on participation.details from Kevin Beares coming soon!
RTM product to be available in Retail and Volume Licensing early October, stay tuned to your favorite OEMs for launch plans
Please join us in celebrating this important day! We couldn't have done it without you!

Cassie Hicks and Dean Paron
Windows Small Business Server 2008

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:42 pm 
FTP Access

Good news. I'm waiting for RTM of SBS & EBS!!

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:59 pm 
FTP Access

Just saw here that although the build is final, it won't actually be available until November 12th :( I wonder what the requirements for testers to get the free copy of this are?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:33 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
Just saw here that although the build is final, it won't actually be available until November 12th :( I wonder what the requirements for testers to get the free copy of this are?

I don't think they give out free server licences. Client licences are less expensive and sold at a faster rate. SO they don't loose alot of money, but if they gave out server licences, they testers won't buy it and they are not likely to buy a new server with a new licence.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:40 pm 
FTP Access

The email (see above) says complimentary not-for-resale copies will be distributed "based on participation" ;) Unless you had to submit 100 bugs or something like that so that only one person gets it! Possibly they will make it so it's like the Best Bug competitions where they just pick the 10 best bits of feedback or something similar so that they don't give too many away.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:12 am 
Donator

yeah, so I think they will only give it out to the best testers.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:26 pm 
Donator

I hope I will get it on TechnetPlus very soon :)

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]