BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 8h, 14m | CPU: 49% | MEM: 2315MB of 3537MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows Essential Business Server 2008 RC1        Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:34 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Quote:
Hello Windows Essential Business Server Beta participants,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the RC1 release of Windows Essential Business Server.

We look forward to your participation in the Windows Essential Business Server connect program and are really excited to receive your feedback on this release. The team is looking for confirmation we have it right. This is your last opportunity to provide feedback on this product before it is released. Your feedback can and will directly impact the final version of this exciting new product!

The preparation and planning wizards are now required to be run before installing the product and you'll see that this is reflecting in a new disc ordering that begins with the Prerequisite Planning Tools CD. These tools are designed to help catch issues that could cause interruptions during installation, especially in scenarios where Windows Essential Business Server is being installed into an existing infrastructure. As a reminder, RC1 is not for production use but we do encourage you to run Preparation and Planning wizards in a live environment in order to provide useful feedback to us. Se wizards only reports on potential issues found and direct you towards documentation you can follow to correct the issues found.

The following items are Included in the download package on MS Connect:
Prerequisite Planning Tools (Disc1)
Management Server (Disc2)
Security Server (Disc3)
Messaging Server (Disc4)

What you should do next:
. Download the files here
. Get Product Keys. If you participated in any of the prior releases you can reuse your existing keys provided you use the same hardware. Otherwise you will need to get three product keys, one per server type, from the product keys section on the MS Connect site so you can install the Windows® Essential Business Server software.
. Install the product and let us know what you think.
. Physical Media: You may request media for this release here.

Reminder: All the information on how to submit feedback, participate in newsgroups, get product & CAL keys etc. are on http://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08. If you have any other questions regarding this beta please email us at centbeta@microsoft.com.

Thanks,
The Windows Essential Business Server Product Team

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:14 am 
FTP Access

I have the same message! That's good! Hope, that they've fixed bugs that I found in RC0!

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:41 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
The RC1 is now publicly available: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc184869.aspx

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:57 pm 
Donator

I got the DVDs today

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
And so am I. :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:44 pm 
Donator

I got my DVD's today, too. Its amazing that those discs show up on the same day all around the world... Are they all shipped from Redmond?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:57 pm 
Donator

actally, mine came on friday
I just don't make a big fuss about it.

ms is sending each set of dics up for $20+ dollars, they're rich.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:41 pm 
FTP Access

I received the DVD's today (Brazil).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:13 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Chicago (hometown pride)
The DVDs showed up in our town post office yesterday, but they have been "hand inspecting" my mail (opening by hand and holding for one day), so, mine just arrived at my home today.

Thus concludes my views on this fear mongered country which may think I am a terrorist.

I can't wait to fire these up on my new servers which arrived a few weeks ago. (In case you were wondering, these were also "hand inspected")

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]