BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 1h, 20m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5697MB of 10928MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Rumor: Directx 11 to be announced this month!        Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:10 am 
FTP Access

Personally, I hope they don't announce it. While it will come out eventually, it is way to soon. They practically just came out with DX10, and most people are still using DX9. Heck, I have two DX10 capable cards, and I use Windows XP.

Check out the story here.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:51 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Hopefully this time they'll implement a good storyline API.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:25 am 
FTP Access

Doubtful at best.

DirectX 10.1 still hasn't been accepted by nVidia (their cards supporting it come out Q1 2009), and is rarely used anyway with Assassin's Creed being the only game that had supported it. However they had to remove it because it was breaking the game for nVidia 10.0 cards.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:48 am 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
I think Microsoft was bullied by Intel because of the Ray Tracing features.

Ray Tracing is a very math intensive process, but it also is one requiring simple iterations.
Formerly, Ray Tracing was the domain of software (Pov-Ray) and thus the CPU.
Consequently, MS is helping Intel by giving them some competitive footing with nVidia and ATI/AMD by basing their new technology on something Intel is the best at.

Another interesting move, and one that I hope will give rise to a 3rd graphics card company because nVidia is getting lazy...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
Intel may become a big player on the high-end graphics card market if their so-called "Larrabee" succeeds.

And why are we discussing Direct-X 11 at this moment? Very few games right now even take a significant advantage of Direct-X 10. Of course, Direct-X 10 will see its light of day in the mainstream, just like Direct-X 9 did, and Direct-X 8 before that.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:23 am 
Donator

Who doesn't want them to announce it? It's not like they have to announce it for everyone to know that a new version is going to come out eventually. Who DOESN'T think that Microsoft is going to eventually release a new iteration of DirectX? Yeah, nobody things that.

Maybe they can announce some upcoming API changes? Either way, what's the problem with announcing an upcoming project? They've announced Windows 7, maybe it's going to ship with that? Who knows.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:16 am 
Donator

Microsoft gave DirectX 9 a lot of time to get popular so I'm sure that Microsoft will do the same with DirectX 10 even if they start working on DirectX 11.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Sorry        Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:59 pm 
FTP Access

I was reading something and it said that it was not coming out for a while. And why would they got to 11 when 10 just came out with vista?

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]