Vista to blame for pc sales dropping?

New news and release discussion.
___
Donator

Post by ___ »

i doubt that is the reason why the sales are dropping. Most of the people who are buying PC's wouldn't have any idea about Vista besides it looking pretty.

I think the reason why sales are dropping is because people don't want to spending a few thousand dollars on a new computer when they have one from a few years ago (which probably cost $1000-$3000 but worth only about $500 now)

skeets
FTP Access

Post by skeets »

___ wrote:i doubt that is the reason why the sales are dropping. Most of the people who are buying PC's wouldn't have any idea about Vista besides it looking pretty.

I think the reason why sales are dropping is because people don't want to spending a few thousand dollars on a new computer when they have one from a few years ago (which probably cost $1000-$3000 but worth only about $500 now)
agreed.

the only people who are terribly concerned about the new Microsoft OS are (most likely) people like the ones who look around sites like this one or MSFN, etc.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

and probably pirate it anyway

skeets
FTP Access

Post by skeets »

___ wrote:and probably pirate it anyway
agreed.

Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

I don't think Vista is the reason either personally. For the last few years now computers have been so fast that they can easily do whatever most people want so there's really no need to spend money on a new one. I don't really think Vista is going to push sales that much when it's released either though, certainly not as much as Microsoft hopes anyway.

Moderator Edit: Please don't post in topics that are more than one month old. It's in the Forum Rules.