Office 14

New news and release discussion.
Chicago
FTP Access

Office 14

Post by Chicago »

Hey all!
i read a post from Mary Jo Foley where she states Office 14 B1 may come to us on the first half of 2008.
Do you think it might actually be true?
http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=259
Thanks

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

we got like 20 day till the H2 2008, I expect Q3 or Q4, not soon.

NielsJanssen
FTP Access

Post by NielsJanssen »

Seeing as we haven't heard from O14 at all yet, I think we're looking at a Q1/2 2009 release, that is unless Microsoft surprise me a lot. I do hope that is the case tho, I want more from where O12 came from!

Bruno Silva

Post by Bruno Silva »

I doubt O14 will have the same level of quality we've seen in O12 in terms of inovation since our dear (not) friend steve isn't there anymore.

FarCry3r
Donator

Post by FarCry3r »

MSO14? What happened to MSO13? Weird for M$ to skip the version... correct me if I'm wrong...

logicaL
FTP Access

Post by logicaL »

FarCry3r wrote:MSO14? What happened to MSO13? Weird for M$ to skip the version... correct me if I'm wrong...
No, they decided to skip 13 because it was unlucky. Its why they will probably skip Windows 13 as well.

Chicago
FTP Access

Post by Chicago »

We can't know that...
We may expect Windows 14 if we take 3 years per Windows to ship on 21 (2030) years if we count 7 will be shipped by 2009. This means Vista will be more less like Windows 1.00 (Boot'll be so fast that we wouldn't see it)
soooo....
Who knows!!?

FarCry3r
Donator

Post by FarCry3r »

I'm still wondering what MS going to do with MSO14, in MSO12, they got Ribbon, will MSO14 have widgets? or sidebars?

OG
FTP Access

Post by OG »

logicaL wrote:
FarCry3r wrote:MSO14? What happened to MSO13? Weird for M$ to skip the version... correct me if I'm wrong...
No, they decided to skip 13 because it was unlucky. Its why they will probably skip Windows 13 as well.
Thats fairly ammusing in a twisted sort of way.

F44 Control
FTP Access

Post by F44 Control »

I'm really not looking forward to Office 14. Office 2007 was incredibly sluggish for me, but I did like the Ribbon interface.

FarCry3r
Donator

Post by FarCry3r »

F44 Control wrote:I'm really not looking forward to Office 14. Office 2007 was incredibly sluggish for me, but I did like the Ribbon interface.
If Office 2007 was sluggish to you, I doubt that Office 14 will do much better...

Doctor Mindvipe
Donator

Post by Doctor Mindvipe »

OpenOffice FTW

And on a seriou note... Istopped using MSOffice 2003 when OO2 came out.... I really really enjoy it and it has all the function I need for my use. Including spellcheckin gin Norwegian and English UK.

MSOffice is way to "pretty" to be useful for my taste.

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

We have to use OpenOffice at work as they won't buy MS Office apart from for just a few PCs for if you need it for something - personally I hate it though, it's really really slow and feels very basic and lacking in features compared with MS Office 2007 (or even 2003).

Chicago
FTP Access

Post by Chicago »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:We have to use OpenOffice at work as they won't buy MS Office apart from for just a few PCs for if you need it for something - personally I hate it though, it's really really slow and feels very basic and lacking in features compared with MS Office 2007 (or even 2003).
I feel the same way. Working with the ribbon makes things so easy!!!
At school only me, and a friend of mine own Office 2007, and we make the nicest homeworks!! (and very often in less time LOL)
Love it!

I know a SUN employee who hates openoffice too.
It's nice
but not so nice!

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Chicago wrote:I feel the same way. Working with the ribbon makes things so easy!!! At school only me, and a friend of mine own Office 2007, and we make the nicest homeworks!! (and very often in less time LOL)
+1

OpenOffice needs to be more like Microsoft Office. The first step would be getting the ribbon, though Open-source egos might get in the way and prevent a number of them admitting Microsoft had a great idea for once.

I'm not quite sure where they'll take Office 14 to be honest. I guess ir will be more of a visual update to give it a '7' look (whatever that will be).

johnnylaw56

Post by johnnylaw56 »

Look for the first beta of Office in November or December. If not an alpha. Microsoft has really kept their lips sealed on this one.

Doctor Mindvipe
Donator

Post by Doctor Mindvipe »

Next step, fire their "coders" and get someone in who knows what "optimisation" means.

djdanster
FTP Access

Post by djdanster »

cant wait for this to come to the massives