BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 8d, 10h, 0m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 2674MB of 4311MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: iPhone 3G Released        Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:17 pm 
Donator

The iPhone 3G, to be launched for $199 US (8GB) on July 11th, was released today by Apple's CEO, Steve Jobs. The iPhone 3G will feature a different black or white design, faster data downloads, and a revised software version.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:36 am 
Donator

and the normal version isn't even out here yet (i think).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:36 am 
Donator

I think I need an iphone now, they seem very attracting compared to and ipod touch.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:49 am 
FTP Access

Yeah, well, here's the catch, it's going to be $10 more a month to use iPhone 3G. That's $30 a month. Although it may not seem like a lot, I'll never use the GPS service, let alone, a few of the newest features. I kinda like the old iPhone purely because it would have been only $20 a month.

Plus, I'm buying a Mac for school next year, which can come with a free iPod Touch...soo...what's the point of having something similar to another?

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:14 am 
Donator

I think the GPS service is free although it will need to access the internet, so you'll need an internet plan. Maybe we could sync a map database to the ipod, but that would be like 1+ GB.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 am 
Donator

It's coming out in Australia :D
If its on Telstra I'll get it unlocked and put it on Optus... :^)

EDIT: WOO! No telstra, only Optus and Vodaphone :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:08 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Business
I am very excited about this, i was reporting on it for another forum and the new features look amazing, apart from mobile.me.

Ill be getting one mid way through the summer, ill wait to see if the price falls any lower like last years release.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:36 pm 
Well this is it isnt it , i mean Apple are selling the iphone for $199... max. . but its up to retailers as to how much its going to sell for , Sky news and o2 have said that the phone will be £100 on a £45 - £75 contract and . the lower the contract the higher the phone so .. dont get hopes up yet people !

Emma x

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:28 pm 
This looks great. When I sell my iPod and my (fairly-new) mobile phone, I will be able to afford one. I like the idea of a combined iPod and Phone, and its now within my affordability. Hopefully my O2 contract allows it...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm 
Donator

troyoda1990 wrote:
Yeah, well, here's the catch, it's going to be $10 more a month to use iPhone 3G. That's $30 a month. Although it may not seem like a lot, I'll never use the GPS service, let alone, a few of the newest features. I kinda like the old iPhone purely because it would have been only $20 a month.

Actually, that $30/month is only for the 3G (unlimited) data. You have to add another $40 for the bottom-of-the-line AT&T voice plan, which = $70/month (compared to $60/month on the old iPhone).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Business
£45-£75 is way too much IMO.

Should be £30, oh well it can be on payasyougo :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:31 pm 
Donator

For once, the UK gets a better deal (pay as you go) then the US. I hate AT&T... :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:44 pm 
Does anyone know the price in the rest of Europe? I'm from Portugal, I'm looking sell my ipods and buy an iphone! it looks so sweet!

How does A-GPS works really? in comunication with cell towers or actually calling some server? (I read this in wikipedia). If it calls a server will it have any extra cost?

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 am 
FTP Access

Jeff wrote:
troyoda1990 wrote:

Actually, that $30/month is only for the 3G (unlimited) data. You have to add another $40 for the bottom-of-the-line AT&T voice plan, which = $70/month (compared to $60/month on the old iPhone).

That's what I meant, but still. I'm going into higher education next year, and I don't think I can afford to pay THAT much a month for a toy. I haven't had Xbox Live since February! haha

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:30 am 
FTP Access

Apple and AT&T are really tricking people with the price cut.

Sure, the iPhone is now $199. But AT&T raised the monthly rate for data transfer.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:16 pm 
FTP Access

If it weren't for the fact that it is only ATT that carries it here, I would try it.

Still kinda iffy about the iPhone/iPod Touch

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2003 SP2 x64
BTW for those interested - UK O2 PAYG is rumoured to be £269.

Wonder if these will also require the instore activation?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:26 pm 
I queued outside a O2 store for about an hour to be 5th in line to get my hands on the iPhone and have loved it ever since I got it and will be doing the same for when iPhone 3G comes out in just a few days time! :D

By the way to Biohead, I've heard that every iPhone will have to be activated instore when purchased.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:41 am 
Donator

In canada, rogers will carry the iphone. The monthly fee is expensive compared to the US.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:19 pm 
FTP Access

They still have really bad advertisements spammed all over Networking sites!

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]