BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 22h, 34m | CPU: 72% | MEM: 5626MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: New Windows Embedded        Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:40 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Just got this mail:

Quote:
Introducing Windows Embedded Standard

Hello Daniel,

As a current participant on the Windows Embedded Standard Community Technology Preview (CTP) Connect website, we wanted to let you know that we have been busy at work on a new CTP that we will be making available to you in the beginning of June.

This CTP will provide an opportunity for you to evaluate Windows Embedded Standard and provide feedback directly to the product team before it is released. Windows Embedded Standard is the next generation of Windows XP Embedded. It delivers the power, familiarity, and reliability of the Windows operating system to help you rapidly configure devices that easily connect to many common industry standards and Microsoft technologies. To learn more about this release please join us for the virtual launch event on June 3rd, 2008. Click on the link below to register for this exciting event now!

WINDOWS EMBEDDED STANDARD VIRTUAL LAUNCH EVENT

In order to allow us enough time to review and possibly incorporate your feedback into the final release of the product, we are asking that you please allocate time now in your schedule to download, try out, and give us your feedback on Windows Embedded Standard as soon as it is available. Please have all feedback submitted through the Connect site before July 7th, 2008.

We will send out another mail in a few weeks, as soon as the build is available for you on the site. We will also be hosting a live MSDN chat with experts from our Windows Embedded Standard product team in late June to discuss this CTP and help answer any questions you may have.

Please stay tuned for more information! In the meantime, if you have any questions about this CTP please send mail to ewtap@microsoft.com.

Thank you for your participation,
- The Windows Embedded Standard team

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:36 am 
Donator

I also got that email,
didnt know what windows embedded was so i deleted it 8-)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:54 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
zchri9 wrote:
I also got that email,
didnt know what windows embedded was so i deleted it 8-)

8-)

I got the email too. I'm actually quite interested as I do like playing with XP embedded from time to time.
So I've signed up to the launch event and I'm going to download the CTP and see what it's like. The people who got the e-mail were people who had signed up to various embedded connections before (I was in the XP Embedded 2007 Feature Pack beta)

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]