BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 18h, 35m | CPU: 13% | MEM: 2517MB of 4211MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: 2 new Ultimate Extras and Sp1 LPs on WindowsUpdate available        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:48 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:03 am

Posts
1115

Location
Germany
Windows Vista Ultimate users should check WindowsUpdate. 2 new Ultimate Extras and the Sp1 LPs are now available:

Image

Image

_________________
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:57 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Posts
2393
Presumably there's nothing to stop any edition of Vista using the sound schemes if someone uploads them? I don't see how they could tie those to Ultimate like they have with the other Extras - do they just install WAVs to your Media folder?

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:20 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sun May 13, 2007 12:42 am

Posts
2404
Installing Vista Ultimate right now...


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:20 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:21 am

Posts
2068

Location
Australia

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
the sound scheme SUCKS!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:15 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am

Posts
1513
well, it has been over half a year (more like a year) for a release


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:35 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:05 pm

Posts
698

Location
Or-stray-liagh
A whole year, and all they came out with was two sound schemes?

SPOILER ALERT: You can run Universal Extractor on the installer and get the WAV files and play them on not just Windows Vista Ultimate. :P

_________________
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:06 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
pr0gram the pr0grammer wrote:
A whole year, and all they came out with was two sound schemes?

SPOILER ALERT: You can run Universal Extractor on the installer and get the WAV files and play them on not just Windows Vista Ultimate. :P


RE: SPOILER ALERT:: Winrar does it too. :D :P

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:45 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:59 pm

Posts
185

Location
Germany
DjRob wrote:
pr0gram the pr0grammer wrote:
A whole year, and all they came out with was two sound schemes?

SPOILER ALERT: You can run Universal Extractor on the installer and get the WAV files and play them on not just Windows Vista Ultimate. :P


RE: SPOILER ALERT:: Winrar does it too. :D :P


the Installer works also on other Editions ;)

i tried this on Vista Enterprise & Server 2008 Enterprise :)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:48 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
joecool wrote:
DjRob wrote:
pr0gram the pr0grammer wrote:
A whole year, and all they came out with was two sound schemes?

SPOILER ALERT: You can run Universal Extractor on the installer and get the WAV files and play them on not just Windows Vista Ultimate. :P


RE: SPOILER ALERT:: Winrar does it too. :D :P


the Installer works also on other Editions ;)

i tried this on Vista Enterprise & Server 2008 Enterprise :)


But WINRAR works also on XP and others, the installer not. :wink: :wink:

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:00 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Posts
235

Location
New York

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7600
lol i went to go download the ultimate extras and i have a total of 97 updates i havent installed.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
constrictor wrote:
lol i went to go download the ultimate extras and i have a total of 97 updates i havent installed.


There a few number of reasons why you got this:
- Vista Edition
- Vista RTM or Service Pack
- Microsoft update (also office)

I have on laptops, vista business, before service pack 1 about 102 updates.
After service pack 1, there are only 20 (19 of them were office updates) so only 1 update, dont remember wich, but from about 93 updates for vista that saves time (only the SP1 did take about 1hour and 15minutes).

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS