The Server version of OneCare will be pre-installed on future releases of SBS 2008; however, a beta version has been released that you can install on the current Beta 2 Technical Refresh version of the server.
Email from Microsoft wrote:
Hello ’Cougar’ Tester
As part of your Small Business Server 2008 beta testing, the Windows Live OneCare Beta Team invite you to try OneCare for Server Beta. Windows Live OneCare helps keep your Small Business Server safe and secure while making your life easier. OneCare provides core security protection and PC tuneup functionality, including virus scanning, and automatic printing sharing of all your SBS domain-joined clients, OneCare helps manage it all for you. And it’s delivered to you in a smooth, hassle-free package.
OneCare for Server Beta is exclusively available to Cougar testers, we hope you’ll accept this opportunity to provide important feedback on another new product. The OneCare for Server Beta is a private group, please refrain from publicly blogging/posting this or any other OneCare for Server information.
You can access the OneCare for Server FAQ by signing in at the SBS 2008 Beta site http://connect.microsoft.com/cougar.
Install Windows Live OneCare for Server
Windows Live OneCare for Server comes pre-installed on future versions of SBS 2008 Beta. If you would like to install it on your current, Beta 2 or Beta 2 Technical Refresh build of SBS 2008, OR if you need to reinstall, follow these easy steps:
1. Using the Server where you want to reinstall Windows Live OneCare, click this link to begin OneCare for Server installation.
2. Signup for a Windows Live ID that you will use only for testing, to sign up visit http://get.live.com/getlive/overview
3. (If reinstalling) Sign in to Windows Live OneCare with the same Windows Live ID you used when you first activated OneCare on your Server.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows Live OneCare.
Activate your OneCare for Server
1. (Assuming OneCare is already installed) Open Windows Live OneCare and click the Subscribe button.
2. Follow the Activation steps and enter information as requested.
3. When prompted for a Prepaid PIN, use the 25 character test-PIN below:
Add Windows Live OneCare to a SBS domain joined client
If you have an active Windows Live OneCare subscription on your Server, you can add a SBS domain joined client to your existing subscription. Just follow these easy steps:
1. Using the computer you wish to install Windows Live OneCare on, click this link to begin client installation.
2. When the installation is complete, open Windows Live OneCare and click the Subscribe button.
3. Sign in with the same Windows Live ID you used on your Windows Live OneCare for Server installation and then follow the directions. No need to reenter the product key on the 2nd-25th PCs.
Please send us your OneCare for Server comments, bugs, and suggestions via our Feedback Form. Instructions on how to submit a bug are included in the our Bug Submission Guide. If you have comments that are not specific to OneCare, please use the Feedback options available to you on the SBS Beta site at http://connect.microsoft.com/cougar.
If you need help specifically with a OneCare issue, please try Instant Help. For all other issues, please use the support options available to you on the SBS 2008 Beta site at http://connect.microsoft.com/cougar. To access Instant Help, please open OneCare for Server, on the left click Get help with OneCare.
If you have any questions regarding this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for trying OneCare for Server!
Windows Live OneCare Beta Team
You’ve received this email because you joined the Cougar beta program. If you would like to be removed from the OneCare for Server beta please send an email to email@example.com with the words Opt-Out in the Subject line. We value your privacy. Please read the Privacy Statement for complete information.
Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 © 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.