YouTube sued by sound-alike site

New news and release discussion.
Andy
Administrator

YouTube sued by sound-alike site

Post by Andy »

<rant> This sort of thing should be banned:- people complaining like they are because they were "here first"! So what? I was here before someone younger than me, does that give me any more right than them to live? Nope! STOP BEING PETTY!! </rant>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/bus ... 108502.stm

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

whats with the rant?

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

People always think they have authority of a name simply because they thought of it first, which isnt true. It has to be legally copyrighted to do that. So my rant is with people who claim they got the name first therefore they have more authority. Just isnt true.

casablanca
FTP Access

Post by casablanca »

How pathetic.

prx984
FTP Access

Post by prx984 »

i dont really care for youtube to be honest. just a way for people to goof around at school (mainly when im trying to do my work, then the teacher goes on to a half hour lecture about the damn thing) and it really pisses me off.

i don't blame utube.com for having to at least do something about it. and jesus, can't people spell it properly? utube.com is not youtube.com

if theres a million hits on utube when they meant youtube, whats wrong with these people?

as for utube sueing youtube, i dont care. they can do what they want. i don't know why they don't come up with a different site name, perhaps "www.universaltube.com"? that works, and it makes more sense to be honest, but perhaps its already taken. DKDC (dont know, dont care)

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

ahh i see now, didn't understand before.

so only now they are deciding to sue? Not when it was first made?

If they are getting so many hits, why not just put a few ads up and make some cash

ewan275
FTP Access

Post by ewan275 »

Well The suers are idiots, they are attempting to sue google, who will squish them like a bug.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

ewan275 wrote:Well The suers are idiots, they are attempting to sue google, who will squish them like a bug.
Yep...
-Jeff