https://twitter.com/donasarkar/status/7 ... 6002375681
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... 942-for-pc
- Ability to hide app list in Start menu
- Photos app updates
- More touchpad gestures
- Bloatware apps stay removed after a build upgrade
- New Windows Update icon
- Service hosts are split into multiple processes with more than 3.5 GB RAM
- Active hours range can now be set to 18 hours on Pro/Enterprise/Education
- Form field navigation in Narrator
Issues with PC:
- We’ve updated Narrator’s reading order for Windows 10 apps which display an app bar on the bottom of the app, for example OneDrive, so now the contents of the page will be read before the contents of the app bar.
- We fixed an issue where running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt would fail at 20% with the error “could not perform the requested operation.”
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain areas of Windows 10 app notifications not doing anything when clicked, rather than opening the corresponding app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Personalization > Background Settings page crashing or showing a blank context menu when right clicking one of the recent images .
- Fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender’s Antimalware Service Executable sometimes using an unexpectedly large amount of CPU.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Devices and Printers page in Control Panel loading slowly for users with certain audio devices.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a small set of users seeing the NTFS partition of their external hard drive incorrectly showing up as RAW format.
- Going forward from Build 14942, custom printer names will be preserved across upgrades. We’ve also addressed an issue where the printer queue name wasn’t preserved across upgrade for some printers.
- Improved framerates when Game Bar is enabled for full screen games.
- Insiders doing web development may find themselves their local intranet server unreachable, as service host separation will leave the IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3Svc) unable to start successfully.