BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 14d, 20h, 42m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 5342MB of 11650MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: MS extends W10 free upgrade for people with disabilaties        Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:47 pm 

Favourite OS
Quote:
With the end of the free Windows 10 upgrade offer today for the general public, we want to remind customers who use assistive technologies that the deadline will not apply to you. As promised, we are rolling out a new webpage, starting today, to help customers who use assistive technologies to navigate the process and access the free upgrade offer extension for Windows 10 at: www.microsoft.com/accessibility/windows10upgrade.

With more than a billion people with disabilities in the world, we are excited for customers to experience the new accessibility features in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. These include improving the screen reading experience with Narrator, the accessibility of experiences and apps like Microsoft Edge, Mail and the Start menu, as well as better tools and resources for developers to build more accessible apps and experiences.

For more information about Windows accessibility, check out https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Accessibility/windows. And, as always, keep the feedback coming. It’s critically important to us as we keep working to give you a great experience.

Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/access ... hnologies/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MS extends W10 free upgrade for people with disabilaties        Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:29 pm 
FTP Access

Quote:
We are not restricting the free upgrade offer to specific assistive technologies. If you use assistive technology on Windows, you are eligible for the free upgrade offer.

Sounds like you just have to enable sticky keys to qualify for a free upgrade...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MS extends W10 free upgrade for people with disabilaties        Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:06 pm 

Favourite OS
People are going to exploit this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MS extends W10 free upgrade for people with disabilaties        Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:34 pm 

Favourite OS
Jackdopp wrote:
People are going to exploit this.
There's no form or any agreement,
Anyone can download the EXE even if they are not someone who is disabled.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MS extends W10 free upgrade for people with disabilaties        Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:41 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 6.22 Win 3.1-95-10
Microsoft extend free upgrade? This SEEMS like to they don't release AU ISO on aug 2...
Please, correct me if I mistake, but I feel a bit fear now for this...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MS extends W10 free upgrade for people with disabilaties        Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:18 pm 

Favourite OS
marceg16579 wrote:
Microsoft extend free upgrade? This SEEMS like to they don't release AU ISO on aug 2...
Please, correct me if I mistake, but I feel a bit fear now for this...

Only for people with disabilities.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MS extends W10 free upgrade for people with disabilaties        Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:23 pm 
Donator

yeh ms is almost saying it in shorter terms that we are all stupid and are invalids and r dummys

maybe they are trying to get those that cant read to upgrade to 10

16GB DDR3 4X4GB
11TB HDD SPACE
12x Blu-ray Burner
2x 1gb vid cards
Samsung 46" plasma
Anet A8 3D printer
Cannon dvd printer

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: MS extends W10 free upgrade for people with disabilaties        Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:42 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 6.22 Win 3.1-95-10
Fuzzy_Blanket wrote:
Only for people with disabilities.

You are right, I don't have read the entire title...
Sorry to all!

Top  Profile