https://twitter.com/donasarkar/status/7 ... 9798007808
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... and-mobile
Getting closer and closer to the release of Redstone. Watermark is also gone from this build and future ones.
Fixes for PC:
Fixes for Mobile:• The link to “Get more extensions from the Store” under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions.
• We have changed the keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode to Win + Shift + C based on feedback from Insiders experiencing a large number of unintended activations of Cortana while in listening mode. Speaking “Hey Cortana”, when enabled in Cortana Settings, continues to invoke Cortana in listening mode as it always has.
• Going forward from this build, updates to the Quick Action area of Action Center will be preserved across upgrades.
• We fixed an issue where disconnecting the Surface Book from an external monitor set as primary might result in the Surface Book screen showing in portrait rather than landscape until having detached and reattached the screen.
• We fixed an issue where the Settings app was showing media controls in the taskbar preview window.
• We fixed an issue where dragging the file comparison or manage library dialogs between two monitors with different DPIs would result in the dialog content no longer displaying correctly
• We fixed an issue where the checkmark used to indicate a selected state in app bar toggle buttons wasn’t visible in high contrast, for example in the Photos menu under “…”.
• We fixed an issue where connecting to a PC using Remote Desktop when a maximized window is immediately behind the Remote Desktop dialog would result in the subsequent the Credential UI window being displayed behind the maximized window.
• We fixed an issue where, with certain monitor configurations, Explorer.exe would hang after a tooltip is displaying.
• We fixed an issue resulting in certain Bluetooth mice, such as the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, sometimes accelerating erratically when moving the cursor across the screen.
• We fixed an issue where on certain webpages in Microsoft Edge when Narrator was in Scan mode and going line by line through a list of hyperlinks, Narrator wouldn’t announce the fact that these were hyperlinks.
• We fixed an issue with certain websites potentially causing a memory leak and becoming unresponsive in Microsoft Edge when the LastPass extension had been enabled.
Issues on PC:• We have improved battery performance for those who tend to quickly turn the screen on and off in order to look at the Lock screen.
• We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where zooming in and out of embedded maps could sometimes result in the map jumping to an unexpected location.
• We fixed an issue resulting in volume mute not working on certain devices, such as the Lumia 640, when playing YouTube videos that use the OPUS audio codec.
• We fixed an issue where if you are connected to a car via Bluetooth that supports it, tapping “End Call” on the car’s console wouldn’t work while an incoming text was being announced.
• We fixed an issue resulting in not being about to make Store purchases using mobile operator billing when using an Orange SIM.
• We fixed an issue resulting in Groove sometimes unexpectedly pausing music after music has manually been paused and resumed.
• We fixed an issue resulting in the keyboard sometimes outputting @ and € instead of “a” and “e” for certain languages in Windows Phone 8.1 apps.
• We fixed an issue resulting in many Windows Phone 8.1 games seeming to play in slow motion on certain devices, such as the Lumia 535.
• We fixed an issue where notifications received while the screen was off didn’t take into consideration the proximity sensor, resulting in the screen turning on to display the notification while in pockets, potentially leading to accidental screen presses.
• We fixed an issue where Visual Voicemail setup wouldn’t appear after hard resetting the device.
• We fixed an issue resulting in tiles pinned from within apps sometimes being blank and not falling back to show the app name within the tile. Also fixed an issue where “SIM 2” title was missing from pinned Messaging and Phone tiles for the second SIM.
• We fixed an issue resulting in incorrect Start screen scaling after switching from Continuum/Extended Desktop to Mirrored/Duplicated screen on devices with a non-default DPI.
• We fixed an issue resulting in there sometimes being a delay when showing the missed call count on the Phone app Live tile.
Issues on Mobile:• If you are seeing a notification pop-up once a day that started on 7/1 saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016, don’t worry – this is a superfluous dialog and your OS won’t expire. The dialog will also go away soon.
• A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.
• Voice Recorder does not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording.
• You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge but won’t be able to use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom). When you try to use touch to interact with a PDF, it will constantly reload the PDF.
• REMINDER: We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won’t restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn’t overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.