BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 23h, 57m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 2660MB of 4351MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: German and Japanese builds of Centro Beta 2 coming soon!        Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:33 pm 
FTP Access

This email from Connect came today, two localised builds of Centro Beta 2 should be arriving soon for anyone interested in these :)

Quote:
Windows Essential Business Server is planning on releasing to MS Connect two non-English languages of Beta 2 for testing, German and Japanese. We want to know if you would be very interested in testing one or both of these languages. Please take the following survey to register your interest in these localized builds.

Our expectations are high for our International testing. We are looking for; regressions in behavior from English Beta 2, localization or globalization issues, display problems not seen in the English Beta 2, compatibility problems and general, informative feedback. If you are up to the challenge, please let us know.

Will update when they show up :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:30 pm 
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Windows Essential Business Server is planning on releasing to MS Connect two non-English languages of Beta 2 for testing, German and Japanese. We want to know if you would be very interested in testing one or both of these languages. Please take the following survey to register your interest in these localized builds.

Windows Essential Business Server Loc Beta 2 Participation Survey
(Link removed)

Our expectations are high for our International testing. We are looking for; regressions in behavior from English Beta 2, localization or globalization issues, display problems not seen in the English Beta 2, compatibility problems and general, informative feedback. If you are up to the challenge, please let us know.

Thanks a lot,

Kevin Beares
Community Lead
WSSG

Receiving e-mail messages from programs in which you are a participant is a mandatory part of your participation on Microsoft Connect. You can end your participation in a program at any time by visiting the My Participation (http://connect.microsoft.com/myparticipation.aspx) page and choosing "Decline Participation" for that program. If you do not wish to receive non-program related e-mails from Microsoft Connect, change the contact preference you have set on Your Microsoft Connect Profile (http://connect.microsoft.com/profile.aspx). This is an unmonitored e-mail address, so do not reply to this message.

Thats the full mail :)

I hope theyre Final soon, i like centro :)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:42 pm 
FTP Access

Namronia wrote:
I hope theyre Final soon, i like centro :)

Won't be until the middle of the year some time I think, possibly even in the second half of the year some time, along with Cougar (and apparently SQL Server 2008, which seems to have been delayed significantly and of course will need to be finished before Cougar and Centro can be finalised and released).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:52 pm 
FTP Access

*update*

Quote:

Hello Windows Essential Business Server German Beta participants and contributors,

As you know, the Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server team has just released the German release of Beta 2 (formerly known as Windows Sever code name "Centro"). We look forward to your continued participation with Windows Essential Business Server and are really excited to receive your feedback on this release. The team is looking for confirmation that we have it right. Your feedback can and will directly impact the design of this exciting new product!
The following items are Included in this package;

Those of you who said that you would like us to ship you media, we started our shipping process today and you should receive your package in the next week. Please contact us at centbeta@microsoft.com if you have any questions.

For those of you who want to download, the download package is located here: Windows Essential Business Server Beta 2 German (http://connect.microsoft.com/centro/Dow ... adID=10827)

The following items are Included in this package;
. Windows Server Code Name "Centro" Beta 2 Disc 1 Management Server German
. Windows Server Code Name "Centro" Beta 2 Disc 2 Security Server German
. Windows Server Code Name "Centro" Beta 2 Disc 3 Messaging Server German
. Windows Server Code Name "Centro" Beta 2 Schema Upgrade Tool German

What you should do next:

. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com/centro and download the documentation
o The primary documents you should refer to first before installing this release are the Getting Started Guide and Installation Guide.
o SBS customers should also download the document titled, 'Installing in a Windows SBS 2003 Environment,' since it has specific actions for this particular case. After that, you can move on to the Configuration and Migration Tasks and access other available documentation on MS Connect as needed based on your particular migration needs.

. Product Keys. The product keys from Beta 1 and the CTP WILL NOT work for the Beta 2 Release. You will need to get three product keys, one per server type, from the product keys section on the MS Connect site so you can install the Windows® Essential Business Server Beta 2 software. If you already have Beta 2 keys from your participation in the English Beta you will need to get a new set for use with the German product.

. You should now have all the required information on how install the Beta 2 Release.

Reminder: All the information on how to submit feedback, participate in newsgroups, get product keys etc. are on http://connect.microsoft.com/centro. If you have any other questions regarding this techbeta please email us at centbeta@microsoft.com

Thanks, the Windows Essential Business Server Product Team

Receiving e-mail messages from programs in which you are a participant is a mandatory part of your participation on Microsoft Connect. You can end your participation in a program at any time by visiting the My Participation (http://connect.microsoft.com/myparticipation.aspx) page and choosing "Decline Participation" for that program. If you do not wish to receive non-program related e-mails from Microsoft Connect, change the contact preference you have set on Your Microsoft Connect Profile (http://connect.microsoft.com/profile.aspx). This is an unmonitored e-mail address, so do not reply to this message.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:04 pm 
FTP Access

German discs arrived today :) They look identical to the English Beta 2 discs with the addition of the word "German":

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
German discs arrived today :) They look identical to the English Beta 2 discs with the addition of the word "German":

Lol. I am still waiting for the english DVDs...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:31 am 
Donator

Got my German discs today too, now I'm waiting on the Japanese versions.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:05 am 
Donator

Jeff wrote:

do they send out dvds of german and japanese if you're in the states?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:07 am 
XDude wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I dont think so :(

so, but i havent get my yet, why? :|

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:57 pm 
FTP Access

XDude wrote:
Jeff wrote:

As far as I know they do - you just had to fill out the survey at Connect saying that you are interested in having these builds.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:20 pm 
Donator

Yep, as long as you signed up using the survey, you get it in the states. (I still haven't gotten the Japanese version, however.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:25 pm 
FTP Access

Jeff wrote:
I still haven't gotten the Japanese version, however.

I don't think it's ready yet, they said somewhere the German one was being sent out.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:30 pm 
Donator

Namronia wrote:
XDude wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I dont think so :(

so, but i havent get my yet, why? :|

MS vis in the states, they live in the states, so they should receive theirs first
then it gets shipped worldwide

thats my guess

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:31 pm 
Donator

I got the german DVDs today :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:59 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Got my dvds 2 days ago, but i will get another dvd package :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:17 pm 
Donator

JPN is senseless for me, so I didn't select the option to get those DVDs

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:39 pm 
Donator

got mine today, I guess I'll have fun with german now

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:34 pm 
FTP Access

Japanese showed up today :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:38 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Wait wait, i can read the text before the arrow.

Is it?
Install Now

LOL :P
Just couldnt resist.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:07 pm 
Donator

Here's all three of the versions (English, German, Japanese) next to each other...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:31 am 
Donator

lol what are we going to do with the japanese version?

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]