BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 15h, 34m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 2419MB of 3697MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: eBay to ban negative feedback on buyers        Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:06 am 
Donator

From May onwards eBay sellers will not be able to post neutral or negative feedback on buyers,

According to eBay a problem arises when sellers place negative feedback on buyers, who then retaliate to the feedback, causing drama which slows down trades. eBay did note that many people don't place negative feedback for fear of retaliation, which makes sense. To solve this, in the future it will not be possible to place the negative (or even neutral) feedback.

My initial response: Is this a joke? Removing the ability to place negative or neutral feedback on a buyer is a move which has angered many traders, rightly so.

Source: BBC

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:54 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
This is going against the whole idea of feedback, if the response is limited to only positive things...
The idea of the feedback is that you could make an informed decision on whether someone was a good trader or not. This is removing the core functionality of it, and now its completely pointless. What was going through their heads...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:26 pm 
hounsell wrote:
This is going against the whole idea of feedback, if the response is limited to only positive things...
The idea of the feedback is that you could make an informed decision on whether someone was a good trader or not. This is removing the core functionality of it, and now its completely pointless. What was going through their heads...

But it's sellers who cannot leave neutral or negative feedback on the buyers, not the other way around.
Buyers can still leave negative or neutral feedback, so you as a buyer, will still have the information
at hand to make an informative decision about who you buy from and why.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:37 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Oh, that makes more sense :oops:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:16 pm 
Donator

I still don't understand, why some people refuse to leave negative feedback in fear for "retaliation" - especially as you have the ability to comment the ratings you got. Is it really much more worth to have 100% positive feedback, than 98%?

But I guess the new rule is acceptable, as it's common custom to send the product after receiving payment. So it's not that sellers lose a powerful protection-tool.

What I ask myself: Why not going one step further and banish all ratings for buyers? Then there wouldn't be this kind of people anymore, who collect dozens positive feedback-entrys for buying low value items in masses and then cheat on customers (hoping they don't take a detailed look on the feedback)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:13 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Business
As tom said, isnt this kinda making feedback useless?
I'm sure it is.
Oh well, ebay will do what ebay wants :?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:18 am 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
I suppose anonomous feed back would be nice?

How about the ability to file complaints with Ebay's staff? :?

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]