BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 56d, 5h, 20m | CPU: 52% | MEM: 5117MB of 12025MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:22 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Windows 10
MarkNL wrote:
Call me a noob, but why you see on that screen it's fake?

Because its all zero's. It should contain data, not zero's. Someone has just made a huge file of nothing and is claiming it as a working file. Its just to annoy people and waste bandwidth.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:37 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP / Windows 7
Ah, I see now, thnx for explaining.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:59 pm 
Donator

Vista x86 is 2.52 GB, Windows 7 M1 should be similar to that size, if not bigger.

Yet, the same person made another torrent with size 2.21GB, what a fag. (excuse my language)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
All the users in private bay said that the re-pack iso is fake again, there is no hope for these two torrents are real Win 7. :cry:

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:20 am 
Donator

I'd say wait about four days, by then the fake torrents will slowly die away and the real torrents will show up. If they do. :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:57 pm 
Donator

When you download for an hour and look at the size of the file on your compressed NTFS drive, you'll find it as 4KB on disc. You know there is something wrong.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: More screenshots        Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
More screenshots at http://www.thinknext.net/archives/2150

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: More screenshots        Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:57 pm 
FTP Access

hounsell wrote:

Lol they even tried to answer the "Feedback Button" controversy..

Quote:
yes, every non-release version Windows is shipped with a feedback tool.

Still very suspicious, until something leaks (that's not just a bunch of 0's) this is all just pure speculation. He said he got it from an "Internal Source" then he, and whoever provided him this (if its real) just broke M$ NDA and will probably get fired anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:23 pm 
Donator

http://www.thinknext.net/content/2008/01/sidebar.png

Shouldn't it be Play Music+Pictures?

http://www.thinknext.net/content/2008/01/gadgets.png
There shouldn't be 16-Bit/8-Bit icons under a 32 Bit display.

---

I'm starting to getting the idea that ThinkNext's copy is fake.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:42 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
found an interesting article...

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/141917/bloggers_early_version_of_windows_7_leaked.html

i hope its real...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:00 pm 
Donator

benny1091 wrote:

I think they're referring to the fake torrents

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
yea, i think so too, but i hope there really is a real torrent out there

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:02 am 
VIP

XDude wrote:
When you download for an hour and look at the size of the file on your compressed NTFS drive, you'll find it as 4KB on disc. You know there is something wrong.

Same here XDude, I checked the whole 2.18GB ISO & it ended up with 4KB Size on disk!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:00 am 
FTP Access

Seems like Toms Hardware is now in the business of finding random screenshots and posting them as fact....

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35814/140/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:11 am 
FTP Access

hmmm, it may look very similar, but it's too early.

logicaL wrote:
Seems like Toms Hardware is now in the business of finding random screenshots and posting them as fact....

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35814/140/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:21 pm 
FTP Access

seems that there's no suitable display adapter driver for him...:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:55 pm 
FTP Access

There's this user on Wikipedia that thinks that these Seven shots are real beyond a shadow of a doubt. It gets really annoying since he keeps reverting the page back to one with a few of these fake screenshots. I keep trying to tell him that they are fake, but he still doesn't believe me. Its kinda annoying, but when a build leaks, he'll know that I'm right :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:51 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
Why are people insisting on these "Windows 7" screenshots being authentic? They are using an entirely new shell, so why would they stick a copy of the Vista shell on top of it? I thought they were writing the whole lot new, from the ground up, using a different architecture etc, etc...

We've not seen an authentic copy yet, have we? How do we know it's not still a command line? Perhaps M1 means that they've now got a working OS, and M2 will mean they have a working GUI?

How do we even know it comes as a burn-and-play ISO image? Didn't they refer to it as a 'code drop?'

I'm quite confident in Windows 7, it looks like they're finally aware that they've got to write is small as well as attractive. A microkernel would be cool as well, that would make it actually stable. So why would it be a minimum of 2-3GB, even at this early stage? Like I said, this first "Milestone" might be a fully working and fully functional OS, that maybe uses a CLI, for the time being. It might still have all of its drivers, etc, etc, which means it's completely usable, but none of the GUI fluff like accessories, games, Internet explorer, and all that lot: so why mightn't it be 600MB?

The GUI takes up s***loads of space, doesn't it, and equal amounts of RAM, so they might have dedicated themselves to creating a completely functional OS before starting on a GUI. I know that's what I'd do.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:03 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
marktuson wrote:
Why are people insisting on these "Windows 7" screenshots being authentic? They are using an entirely new shell, so why would they stick a copy of the Vista shell on top of it? I thought they were writing the whole lot new, from the ground up, using a different architecture etc, etc...

We've not seen an authentic copy yet, have we? How do we know it's not still a command line? Perhaps M1 means that they've now got a working OS, and M2 will mean they have a working GUI?

How do we even know it comes as a burn-and-play ISO image? Didn't they refer to it as a 'code drop?'

I'm quite confident in Windows 7, it looks like they're finally aware that they've got to write is small as well as attractive. A microkernel would be cool as well, that would make it actually stable. So why would it be a minimum of 2-3GB, even at this early stage? Like I said, this first "Milestone" might be a fully working and fully functional OS, that maybe uses a CLI, for the time being. It might still have all of its drivers, etc, etc, which means it's completely usable, but none of the GUI fluff like accessories, games, Internet explorer, and all that lot: so why mightn't it be 600MB?

The GUI takes up s***loads of space, doesn't it, and equal amounts of RAM, so they might have dedicated themselves to creating a completely functional OS before starting on a GUI. I know that's what I'd do.

As far as I know they have made only some minor changes now, for example they increased the performance. The MinWin Kernel will be integrated on M2/M3...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:19 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
So they've released a milestone release of a new operating system, using the Vista kernel and the Vista shell? In that case, it's no wonder it gives a version/build number of 6.1

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:17 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Look at the first Longhorn releases. The first leaked Longhorn, Build 3683, was a M3 release. What have they changed from XP? Not very much, only things like the "My Hardware" folder, the sidebar and the plex theme.

I think on such a early milestone you cannot expect big changes...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:02 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Yeh, at this point its more a case of testing minor new features on an existing platform. Don't expect UI changes until near the end of M2 (since Windows 7 will only supposedly have 3 milestones before beta)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:01 pm 
Donator

So I do suppose the true builds are the M2 and M3 builds due to the minwin being implemented, it will be quite interesting to run.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:21 am 
FTP Access

hypr wrote:
So I do suppose the true builds are the M2 and M3 builds due to the minwin being implemented, it will be quite interesting to run.

Agree so.... Minwindows is what we are looking for, not just a modified Vista

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:30 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
It still makes more sense to do it from low-level, like this:

M1: Fully-working kernel, proven to be working with the use of a rudimentary stock-shell designed to test the features of the kernel.

M2: CLI running on top of kernel, along with common device drivers. Fully usable but text-only.

M3: GUI running on top of kernel (or windowing system running on top of CLI, a la X Window System), with more device drivers.

That's how I would do it. Get the new kernel polished before moving on, that way, 100% compatibility can be ensured.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next