BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 17d, 5h, 15m | CPU: 71% | MEM: 5512MB of 11705MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:43 pm 
Donator

As of July 24 2014, Apple has made the OS X Yosemite beta available to anyone who has signed up for the OS X Beta Program. This basically means that pre-release versions of OS X Yosemite will now have a wider availability when compared to the developer previews that were already seeded only to registered developers. However, certain new features like Handoff and Continuity will require the user to have the iOS 8 developer preview installed on their iOS devices, which is still only available to registered developers.

Users who've already signed up for the program received the following e-mail:

Quote:
Good news! OS X Yosemite Beta is now ready for you to test-drive. Remember, this is beta software, so please carefully review the guidelines before you decide to install this pre‑release version of OS X. To get started, click the link below.
Get OS X Yosemite Beta

To learn more about OS X Yosemite Beta, you can visit the Program Guide, where you will find information about the Beta and how you can provide feedback.
Check out the OS X Beta Program Guide

We look forward to your feedback.
The OS X Team

You can get the OS X Yosemite beta by signing up on the official Beta Program page which can be found here. For those who've already signed up for the program: you can download the beta simply by signing in to your Apple ID (can be done on the same page). A guide covering some basic information about the beta can be found here.

A few bugs have already been reported by Apple, but I expect at least a few more will be found by committed beta collectors. :)

Good hunting!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NTOS 6.1.7601
I gave mine away. I don't use OSX

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 95B
I've just got mine, you can get as much codes as you want you just need to create another Apple ID

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:49 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 6.3.9600.16497
I ended up just downloading the DP2 from the FTP instead. Apple server won't let me finish my download without errors! :P :D

Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:46 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Linux 16-rc5
Download the beta instead of the dp ;)

The_Dj21

So on this new kernel "classic win32 x86 software" can't be used but with some trick, we can use WinRT software on this new kernel ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NTOS 6.1.7601
Is the beta any different to the DPs.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:59 pm 
Donator

Mostly bug fixes as far as I know. The handoff feature in the last DP was supposedly malfunctioning for most people, but I don't know if those issues have been resolved in the beta. Best way to find out is to test the beta for yourself and compare it to the experiences you may have had with the DP's.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:03 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Beta is good, yes, glad to have OS X Yosemite, in full function now! this will make another great OS in my collection!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: OS X Yosemite Beta is now available        Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:05 pm 
Administrator

the_dj21 wrote:
Download the beta instead of the dp ;)

The_Dj21

Uh, what? The DP is a beta... and it's labeled as DP on the FTP as well. So whatever "beta" you see on the net is most likely a developer preview, a.k.a "dp".

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW