Windows Media Center Beta

New news and release discussion.
Namronia

Windows Media Center Beta

Post by Namronia »

Get this Email Today:
Greetings from Windows Media Center!

You are invited to apply for the Windows Media Center Beta Programs on the Microsoft Connect Web site (http://connect.microsoft.com).

Please accept this invitation by following this link:
removed url
Once you accept this invitation, please complete the application survey: Windows Media Center Tester Application

If you experience any problems or need to ask a question, please contact us at mcebeta@microsoft.com.

Thank-you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
-Windows Media Center-

If you do not want to be invited to participate in other Microsoft Connect programs, change the contact preference you have set on your Microsoft Connect Profile (http://connect.microsoft.com/myparticipation.aspx). This is an unmonitored e-mail address, so do not reply to this message.
I made the Survey and now wait for Downloads, as far i know its "Fiji", the "next Media Center", screens coming soon!

m4rkuz
FTP Access

Post by m4rkuz »

U can not stand me, but can I have the Invatition Code?

or did u get the mail without any reason ?

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

m4rkuz wrote:U can not stand me, but can I have the Invatition Code?

or did u get the mail without any reason ?
i get that without any reason, microsoft invites me, there was no invitation code, but a link, ive clicked there and get redirected to the survey and answered everything, now im inside, but there isnt any download now

ok, well see

m4rkuz
FTP Access

Post by m4rkuz »

can I have the link ?

there is the invations code included...

btw: we can trade^^ I have all german 17052 ISOS

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

m4rkuz wrote:can I have the link ?

there is the invations code included...

btw: we can trade^^ I have all german 17052 ISOS
no, i would give, but you can just access with my (and choosen by microsoft) live.com datas, i wont give them out

i dont need these builds, im not intrested in sp betas and lh08 server

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

isn't this intresting, i haven got any invites recently.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

These invites are linked to the e-mail, so thats its personal.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

Heres a screen of the connect page, "Umfragen" means "surveys", there are no downloads now

Andrew
Donator

Post by Andrew »

Windows Media Center seems pretty good already, its going to be interesting to see how they can upgrade it. It seems like only a short while ago I was whinging about 5270 (iirc)'s MC expiration glitch. Can't wait to see what they do next

rws7
FTP Access

Post by rws7 »

Yah, it would be awesome if they add more fancy themes in MCE as well as support for non MCE TV Tuners.

- rws7

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

and add HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support

livelonger87
FTP Access

Post by livelonger87 »

What connections have you participated for? Do they email everyone on MS connect?

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

livelonger87 wrote:What connections have you participated for? Do they email everyone on MS connect?
Im not participating such collections,
microsoft chooses some people they
think theyre good for testing, and im
luck they think i am

livelonger87
FTP Access

Post by livelonger87 »

Namronia wrote:
livelonger87 wrote:What connections have you participated for? Do they email everyone on MS connect?
Im not participating such collections,
microsoft chooses some people they
think theyre good for testing, and im
luck they think i am
You posting the beta on this forum? Also, How do I gain access to the downloads to the beta's?

I really want to start building up a collection. I'll also upload ones that I find that aren't on their that I have. Does a moderator have to authorise my access?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

livelonger87 wrote: You posting the beta on this forum? Also, How do I gain access to the downloads to the beta's?

I really want to start building up a collection. I'll also upload ones that I find that aren't on their that I have. Does a moderator have to authorise my access?
Once you have at least 10 contributing posts, you can apply for the Members group. Our admin will check your posts, and if you get accepted, you can access the servers.

m4rkuz
FTP Access

Post by m4rkuz »

*update*, just got an email:

Greetings from Windows Media Center!

Thank you for filling out the application survey to join our beta programs. We need some more information from you and would like to invite you to complete another survey to finish the application process.

Please accept this invitation by following this link:
http://connect.microsoft.com/***
(If this link does not work for you, copy the full link and paste it into the Web browser address bar.)

Once you accept this invitation, please complete the application survey: Windows Media Center Tester Application

If you experience any problems or need to ask a question, please contact us at mcebeta@microsoft.com.

Thank-you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!

-Windows Media Center-

If you do not want to be invited to participate in other Microsoft Connect programs, change the contact preference you have set on your Microsoft Connect Profile (http://connect.microsoft.com/myparticipation.aspx). This is an unmonitored e-mail address, so do not reply to this message.