BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 55d, 18h, 17m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 6161MB of 11038MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: IE7 Final Out        Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:18 am 
Donator

Quote:
Microsoft will release the final build of IE7 today to customers, with the company expected to push the build by automatic updates on 1st November.

At the moment there is no link on Microsoft.com, but Yahoo has the final build bundled with Yahoo Mail. All you need to do is download the Yahoo edition and use WinRAR to extract the files and run IE7-Setup.exe.

Source:Neowin.net

Might still be a beta as it isn't on Microsofts website yet. Build is 7.0.5730.11CO

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:09 am 
Donator

Quote:
Build is 7.0.5730.11CO

Interesting... Think I'll check which build is included in Vista/Longhorn Server Build 5744... But wasn't it said that Vista's/Longhorn's IE7 would be more feature-rich than the standalone IE7 for XP/Server 2003?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:35 am 
Donator

The one in 5744 is 7.0.5744.16384. So that means that is NOT FINAL... (unless it's different for xp than vista)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:49 am 
FTP Access

Jeff wrote:
The one in 5744 is 7.0.5744.16384. So that means that is NOT FINAL... (unless it's different for xp than vista)

IE for XP is certainly different - remember how they keep going on about the (relatively minor) differences and calling the Vista version "7+" to try to persuade us that there's a reason to buy Vista? I'd guess that the build number for XP IE won't correspond to the Vista one because:

>5744 isn't the final Vista build so if they wanted the numbers to be the same they'd have called the final IE build 6000 (presuming that's what the final Vista build will be).

>5744 isn't the latest Vista build - internally they'll be up higher than that now - Vista 5744 is older than this IE build.

Anyway, I'm not going to download this IE7 until it's officially on the Microsoft page, just to make sure.

EDIT: They just updated their page - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dow ... fault.mspx :D

An interesting point I just found is that you can still run IE6 after you've upgraded to IE7 if you wanted to: just run %windir%\ie7\iexplore.exe and it's there!

___ wrote:
Build is 7.0.5730.11CO

My build is that, but without the "CO" bit - what's that about? :?

Also, have any of you tried the "make your own search provider" thing on the page you get when you go to add search engines? When I saw it I thought it was an absolutely brilliant idea as I've quite often wanted to make a search engine thing for Firefox when there hasn't been one available, but whenever I try to make one I just get an error :(

PS. I just had my first crash, half an hour after installing it...I clicked the arrow next to a Favourites folder to see what happened - it opened a whole load of tabs containing all of the favourites in that folder (although it wasn't enough to trigger the "this may take a long time" message) and promptly crashed. After I managed to get rid of it, Windows Explorer decided it would go down as well...not sure if that was related or not (I was emptying the Recycle Bin at the time, and the Recycle Bin can still be remarkably buggy after all these years...).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:19 pm 
Donator

mine doesn't even want to complete the install

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:58 am 
Jeff wrote:

IE7 XP and IE7 Vista have different build numbers. For instance, IE7 RC1 was build 5700, while Vista RC1 was build 5600.

PostPost subject: DOH        Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:30 am 
Donator

http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arbitrary_Content_Disclosure_Vulnerability_Test/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:46 pm 
Doesn't matter what's the build number. If MS calls it the final build, then that's the final build :).

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:07 am 
Donator

I like IE7, I think they have came a long way with IE but I think Firefox will still beat IE on maby levels.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:50 am 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
Vista 5744 is older than this IE build.

the versionnumber is a bit strange. I tried the IE7 but I like FF 2.0 a bit more :)

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]