[LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

New news and release discussion.
mrpijey
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 8178
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by mrpijey »

878625670 wrote:In my opinion, it's a beta. The license in the iso says "PRE-RELEASE" and the watermark on the desktop also told us it's a beta. According to the label of the iso "IR3", it should be Refresh 3 Beta. Also, there're some builds after 9600.16596, so it IS a beta.
It may be a beta, but the question is, can it be used to activate it and run as RTM without timebombs? We don't promote warez on this site, or software that can be changed to become warez. That's why I ask. If this build is rigged in such a way that it can't be activated and that it has an expiration date then it's fine, as it can't be updated to RTM. What you do with the ISO after you grab it here is none of our concerns, but we won't "pre-modify" the ISOs to allow you to run it as a pirate RTM copy, with or without updates.

So can it be permanently activated using RTM keys?
Image
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Wheatley
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:19 pm
Location: shell32.dll

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by Wheatley »

Yes it can. Also activating with KMS servers is possible.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

WinPC

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by WinPC »

mrpijey wrote:
878625670 wrote:In my opinion, it's a beta. The license in the iso says "PRE-RELEASE" and the watermark on the desktop also told us it's a beta. According to the label of the iso "IR3", it should be Refresh 3 Beta. Also, there're some builds after 9600.16596, so it IS a beta.
It may be a beta, but the question is, can it be used to activate it and run as RTM without timebombs? We don't promote warez on this site, or software that can be changed to become warez. That's why I ask. If this build is rigged in such a way that it can't be activated and that it has an expiration date then it's fine, as it can't be updated to RTM. What you do with the ISO after you grab it here is none of our concerns, but we won't "pre-modify" the ISOs to allow you to run it as a pirate RTM copy, with or without updates.

So can it be permanently activated using RTM keys?
Would there be a way to modify it so that it can't be activated with new product keys?

giantsteen
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:17 am
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by giantsteen »

Here's the big question. Is there a timebomb?
Image

zacb27
FTP Access
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by zacb27 »

giantsteen wrote:Here's the big question. Is there a timebomb?
There is a ton of winver pics. Conclusion: No.
Image
AYY LMAO

mrpijey
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 8178
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by mrpijey »

Well, I've put it on BA, but it comes without two files that doesn't belong in the ISO , the ei.cfg, and the winclub.pl.url file that definately doesn't belong there.
Image
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

RhysRahPC
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by RhysRahPC »

I have ran it in a VM, and you can use your current product key for Windows 8 or 8.1 and it will work. However, with mine it says it has exceeded its usage limit, but it could be different with yours.
mrpijey wrote:Well, I've put it on BA, but it comes without two files that doesn't belong in the ISO , the ei.cfg, and the winclub.pl.url file that definately doesn't belong there.
What do you mean by BA (sorry for being such a noob :P), as if you mean the FTP, I cannot see it on there at all.

Blackvista
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:37 pm
Location: Sofia, BG
Contact:

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by Blackvista »

BA means BetaArchive, and yes, this release is not in our ftp (yet).
SP+ - Windows 8.1 Update 1 rules!!
MetroColours - Design it with Metro, make it look gorgeous! :3
Project "LongHorn" - Will be the best project about LH out there !! :)

dans34
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:35 am

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by dans34 »

RhysRahPC wrote: What do you mean by BA (sorry for being such a noob :P), as if you mean the FTP, I cannot see it on there at all.
oh i dont know does Beta Archive ring a bell ?

RhysRahPC
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by RhysRahPC »

I knew what it meant by BA xD, but I meant if he could be using that as a way to say that he uploaded it to the FTP. Sorry for the lame assumption.

BAV0
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by BAV0 »

Here's a video highlighting most of the chanhes in this build...

(To those of you who were subscribed to my old channel, it's gone, but here's my new channel ;) )
Find me elsewhere on the web:
ImageImageImage

mrpijey
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 8178
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by mrpijey »

Blackvista wrote:BA means BetaArchive, and yes, this release is not in our ftp (yet).
Um, yes it is.
RhysRahPC wrote:I knew what it meant by BA xD, but I meant if he could be using that as a way to say that he uploaded it to the FTP. Sorry for the lame assumption.
The only way to put files on BA is on the FTP :).
Image
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Elston87
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:30 am

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by Elston87 »

I'm loving these new features of the build. Windows 8 is expanding and only continues to get better.

mrpijey
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 8178
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release

Post by mrpijey »

ISO confirmed to be modified beyond ei.cfg, please refer to this link instead for the re-leak of the more proper (not original though) ISO!
Image
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Locked