BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 56d, 22h, 35m | CPU: 66% | MEM: 4981MB of 12233MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:06 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
9600.16596.WINBLUES14_GDR_LEAN.140114-0237

This build is x64 and it is an iso, and not an update. Lot's of cool features include:

-App Title Bars
-Shutdown button on Start Screen
-App Reorganization
-Modified for Mouse users
-Apps Taskbar
-Search button on Taskbar
-Internet Explorer 11.0.3 with Enterprise Mode
-No key needed (supposedly)

https://mega.co.nz/#!000jwYzJ!ZnnN3Wovr ... z_fO94dNhY

Password: winclub.pl

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:01 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
Well, it looks like we (finally) have another release on our hands. At the moment, I have already been keeping up with the development of upcoming versions of Windows on a daily basis for quite some time now, and I have even started work on my book on Windows 9 (I even installed a copy of Windows 8.1 Enterprise in place of Windows 9 itself, from which I even started writing the book itself).

All that I can say is that I will gladly look at this release, and I certainly hope that it will also help to breath some new life into our community as more people come to discuss the future of Windows.

I will be back later with a sort review on anything new that I find.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:35 am 
VIP

Even though I'm a Mega member the DL speed started @ fast but stopped @ 38% & hasn't restarted again after 1 hour I gave up on that link. Going to wait until tomorrow or for a torrent or until BA has it on the FTP.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:10 am 
Administrator

Downloaded fine and extracted for me. So, is this a beta update or is it actually a leak of the final rtm update?

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:13 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Dev Preview
worked fine for me as well. Thanks for the link!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
mrpijey wrote:
Downloaded fine and extracted for me. So, is this a beta update or is it actually a leak of the final rtm update?

We do not even know if this is RTM or beta as it still says "Build 9600"

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:45 am 
Administrator

Well you need to look what it says after 9600. I.e 9600.16596. But question is, what will be the build number be for Update 1 RTM? And this is even a slipstreamed update, which makes it unsure if we can even release it on BA at this time, or even have it linked on the forum. If it had been a post-Win8.1 release (i.e a beta for say, Windows 8.2) it would have been fine, but from what I understand it's just a service pack. And by default we don't accept slipstreamed beta service packs as they contain RTM components.

But does this release act as a beta? I.e timebombs, can't be activated with RTM keys etc? Because if it doesn't have a timebomb and can be activated using RTM keys then it definately can't go on the forums as it's basically an updated store release, making it classed as warez.

The ISO has also been edited with UltraISO, so the question is again, what has been modified and what do we do to restore it? I am guessing it's the usual EI.CFG? And btw, the EI.CFG says "[Channel] Retail"....

Edit: After inspecting the ISO it's indeed ie.cfg that has been injected as its time/date stamps differ from the rest. So by removing it I am guessing it will no longer accept retail keys? It also have a "winclub.pl.url" file injected but that one goes either way.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:09 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Just asking. What is the function of ie.cfg for?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:11 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 ultimate SP1
Terra854 wrote:
Just asking. What is the function of ie.cfg for?

It decides what version gets installed, Retail/Volume, Core/Pro, normally the iso is locked to 1 specific version, this one allows to install both.

Changelog from Leaked(the leaker):
- Pinning metro apps to desktop taskbar.
- Classic taskbar in ModernApp (Bugged).
- Link to classic Control Panel in PC Settings.
- Shutdown button on the start screen.
- Search button on the start screen.
- Context Menu appears when you right-click on the ModernApp (Tiles).
- Tittle on the ModernApp and close button.
- Sorted App list in Apps screen (all programs) by default.
- Update Internet Explorer to 11.0.3.
- Hidden "Enterprise Mode" in Internet Explorer (in develop).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
mrpijey wrote:
Well you need to look what it says after 9600. I.e 9600.16596. But question is, what will be the build number be for Update 1 RTM? And this is even a slipstreamed update, which makes it unsure if we can even release it on BA at this time, or even have it linked on the forum. If it had been a post-Win8.1 release (i.e a beta for say, Windows 8.2) it would have been fine, but from what I understand it's just a service pack. And by default we don't accept slipstreamed beta service packs as they contain RTM components.

But does this release act as a beta? I.e timebombs, can't be activated with RTM keys etc? Because if it doesn't have a timebomb and can be activated using RTM keys then it definately can't go on the forums as it's basically an updated store release, making it classed as warez.

The ISO has also been edited with UltraISO, so the question is again, what has been modified and what do we do to restore it? I am guessing it's the usual EI.CFG? And btw, the EI.CFG says "[Channel] Retail"....

Edit: After inspecting the ISO it's indeed ie.cfg that has been injected as its time/date stamps differ from the rest. So by removing it I am guessing it will no longer accept retail keys? It also have a "winclub.pl.url" file injected but that one goes either way.

This is a GDR build, like the usual Service Pack. And the 8.1 Update RTM will still be 9600.
Maybe we can just upload the MSU file, but don't upload the whole ISO.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
The download contains only one isos and no msus.

By the way anyone has a product key for this?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows ALL
In my opinion, it's a beta. The license in the iso says "PRE-RELEASE" and the watermark on the desktop also told us it's a beta. According to the label of the iso "IR3", it should be Refresh 3 Beta. Also, there're some builds after 9600.16596, so it IS a beta.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
another leak?!

That guy is obviously fearless of what could happen to him/his source.

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:13 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
The Distractor wrote:
another leak?!

Yup! It is because of guys like him that make BetaArchive a thriving community!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8
I'm using laptop with Windows 8 Single Language embed,
I upgraded to Pro already and now when I run this leaked build directly from hard drive, it said " Setup has failed to validate the product key"

Any solution ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:31 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Terra854 wrote:
The download contains only one isos and no msus.

By the way anyone has a product key for this?

Supposedly it doesn't need a key though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:41 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
You could also add "Desktop-esque right click menus in start screen" to the features section

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:49 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
950, 3718, 6002, 7989, 9200
I don't see something like "Search button on Taskbar" .. Maybe a mistake or a very very carefully hidden option?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:56 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Blackvista wrote:
I don't see something like "Search button on Taskbar" .. Maybe a mistake or a very very carefully hidden option?

I think they meant the permanent search button on the start screen

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 10 LTSC x64
The Distractor wrote:
another leak?!

My thought also

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:46 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn
mrpijey wrote:
But question is, what will be the build number be for Update 1 RTM? (...)

If you ask me, I think that the build nummer will stay at 9600. If they had any intention to go up, they would already have increased the buildnumber by now, don't you think?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:54 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
giantsteen wrote:
9600.16596.WINBLUES14_GDR_LEAN.140114-0237

This build is x64 and it is an iso, and not an update. Lot's of cool features include:

-App Title Bars
-Shutdown button on Start Screen
-App Reorganization
-Modified for Mouse users
-Apps Taskbar
-Search button on Taskbar
-Internet Explorer 11.0.3 with Enterprise Mode
-No key needed (supposedly)

https://mega.co.nz/#!000jwYzJ!ZnnN3Wovr ... z_fO94dNhY

Password: winclub.pl
Could you please re-upload that file to another source? Mega.co.nz is blocked on my connection.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WinPC wrote:
Could you please re-upload that file to another source? Mega.co.nz is blocked on my connection.
You know... just googling the buildnumber gives direct links like this one: http://download.digiex.net/Betas/Window ... US_DV5.iso

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:06 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
zacb27 wrote:
WinPC wrote:
You know... just googling the buildnumber gives direct links like this one: http://download.digiex.net/Betas/Window ... US_DV5.iso
Sorry, that link is blocked on my connection also:
Quote:
You already have more than 2 downloads processing.. Stop being greedy!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian
Just got it installed in VMWare Player on my computer.

Host specs:
Core2Duo 1.8GHz
4GB RAM
Windows 8.1 Pro
Intel 4500MHD

Client specs:
2GB RAM
Core2Duo 1.8GHz
Windows 8.1 Pro GDR Beta

It runs quite well for being in a VM. Not as well as bare metal, but good enough for testing purposes. I might make a video highlighting some of the changes later.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next