BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 5h, 12m | CPU: 40% | MEM: 1800MB of 3185MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows Essential Business Server (Centro) Beta 2        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:49 am 
FTP Access

Beta 2 of Windows Essential Business Server (codename "Centro") was released today and is now available on Connect - you must first fill out a short survey confirming that you wish to continue to participate in the beta and the downloads should become available soon after completion (I've only just done it and they haven't appeared yet). They also say they will send out DVDs to all beta participants as with the previous releases of Centro.

Quote:
Windows Essential Business Server (Centro) is built on Windows Server 2008 and provides an integrated server and management system for midsize businesses. The upcoming Beta 2 release includes many new Windows Server 2008 based components, as well as updates to the server applications that shipped in the Windows Essential Business Server (Centro) CTP release as well as System Center Essentials 2007, Exchange Server 2007 and ISA, as well as a host of other improvements. The team has done a tremendous amount of work to ensure a smooth experience for you. How are we doing and what do you think of our progress? Let us know!

Quote:
Hello Beta participants and contributors,
Big News! Microsoft has just released Beta 2 of Windows Essential Business Server formally known as Windows Sever code name "Centro". We look forward to your continued participation with Windows Essential Business Server and are really excited to receive your feedback on this release. The team is looking for confirmation we have it right, and your feedback can and will directly impact the design of this exciting new product!
Windows® Essential Business Server Beta 2 software is available for download from the MS Connect Site at http://connect.microsoft.com/centro under the downloads section. For a limited time (through the end of January 2008), physical media will be sent to all TAP, MVP, and OEM participants and to all External Techbeta participants who have told us that they still plan to participate, meet the hardware requirements and have accepted the Windows Essential Business Server Techbeta Confidentiality via the Windows Essential Business Server Beta 2 Participation Survey.
If you have the ability to burn your own DVDs, there is a set of three DVD ISO downloads and one CD download for the Windows Essential Business Server Beta 2 software in the downloads section of the site.
We are looking for actionable and broad feedback from a wide range of testers. With this Beta 2, we will continue to provide newsgroup support from the product team, and will be actively accepting bugs from participants.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:39 am 
FTP Access

same here :(

I cant download, too :(

but I hope I can download it soon :D :D :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:37 pm 
Donator

The download is now there.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:12 pm 
FTP Access

you had to have filled out the mandatory survey first

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:19 pm 
FTP Access

downloading now :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:26 pm 
FTP Access

Yup, the files and product keys have now appeared for me too, it seems as though they take a few hours to appear after you complete the survey. Not that I'll be downloading those 12 GB now though, as they are going to send DVDs out to everyone soon anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:31 pm 
Donator

I just got accepted. Will they send out physical copies to us, or do I have to download these?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:38 pm 
FTP Access

Yes, it says on the homepage for the beta programme:

Quote:
For a limited time(through the end of January 2008), physical media will be sent to all TAP, MVP, and OEM participants and to all External Techbeta participants who have told us that they still plan to participate, meet the hardware requirements and have accepted the Windows Essential Business Server Techbeta Confidentiality via the Windows Essential Business Server Beta 2 Participation Survey.

I've had the Beta 1 and post-Beta 1 CTP discs from them so there's no reason why they shouldn't send these ones out too.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:43 pm 
Donator

OK, thanks for telling me. I didn't read that front page (I guess I should from now on.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:33 pm 
FTP Access

Came today :D

Discs are still labelled as Codename Centro, interestingly enough.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:43 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:

Came today :D

Discs are still labelled as Codename Centro, interestingly enough.

mine came last friday, tahts why I was testing them, but it ended up screwing up my network, so I quit.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:48 pm 
FTP Access

Woah, what happened to your network because of this? Were you trying to upgrade an existing domain and it went wrong?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:50 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
Woah, what happened to your network because of this? Were you trying to upgrade an existing domain and it went wrong?

It was assigned random IPs to all every computer, I think I got the router in the wrong place.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:20 pm 
Donator

Just got my copy today! It's my first real beta DVD so I'm pretty happy!

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]