BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 62d, 14h, 17m | CPU: 54% | MEM: 5206MB of 12211MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Reveal        Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:58 pm 
FTP Access

Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Reveal No Windows 8 Support

DICE has launched a limited alpha test for Battlefield 4 today. Select PC gamers should find an email invitation waiting for them in their inbox.

The invite, as posted on NeoGAF and MP1st, says that testers were selected because of their "experience with the Battlefield series." There's no definitive requirement, though, so don't expect an invitation just because you've been playing Battlefield for years. It sounds like only a very small number of invites were sent out.

The email warns that this trial won't reflect the final quality of the game. It's an alpha, after all, not a demo. Most of the level textures, other than soldiers and vehicles, will be white and overall performance might be choppy. In other words, it won't be quite as sexy as that E3 demo. The goal of the alpha is to test server performance. Lag and downtime could be common occurrences.

The recommended system requirements for the alpha trial are as follows:
64 bit (32 bit not supported)
Dx10 or Dx 11 GPU with 1+GB of RAM, Dx 11 highly recommended
25GB HDD free space required
Latest Origin version required
The lack of Windows 8 support is a bit surprising but again, this is an alpha. System requirements will no doubt evolve along with the game. I can't imagine that the retail version of Battlefield 4 wouldn't support that operating system, considering the fact that BF3 does.

If you didn't receive an invite to the alpha, you won't be receiving one. A producer at DICE confirmed on the official forums that only one batch will be sent out:

Missing out on the alpha won't be such a big deal, anyway. According to the invite, it's only going to run for two weeks. Furthermore, it's only available for 6 hours per day (9am to 3pm PST) during those weeks. Depending on your schedule, you might not be able to play most of the trial anyway.

Many gamers' first hands-on experience with BF4 will come during the beta. The beta test is scheduled for this fall on all platforms. Medal of Honor: Warfighter owners, BF4 pre-order customers, and Battlefield 3 Premium members will all have guaranteed access.
Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Reveal No Windows 8 Support Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Reveal No Windows 8 Support

original source: https://www.google.co.ve/url?sa=t&rct=j ... u8SbqZgF8g

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 pm 
Donator

A bit stupid that WIndows 8 is not supported. I bet that it works fine regardless.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:35 pm 
FTP Access

Where's the source?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:56 pm 
FTP Access

Wheatley wrote:
A bit stupid that WIndows 8 is not supported. I bet that it works fine regardless.

yeah sir I agreed with you! and I was surely concerned that btf 4 was going to work on windows 8 , but it wont :( and yeah this is a shame.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:59 pm 
Donator

x010 wrote:
Where's the source?

Read the first post again.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Wheatley wrote:
A bit stupid that Windows 8 is not supported. I bet that it works fine regardless.

They might have some Windows 8 specific issues that they weren't able to solve in time for the demo and they are claiming it's unsupported in order to avoid questions from Win 8 users and to have a standard answer for said questions.

I doubt EA is going to release a game that only supports older versions of Windows.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:58 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 8 7850
Agreed I remember someone saying to me that after switching to Windows 8 his fps on WoW was 10 - 20 when he was on 7 his fps was a stable 60. It could to due to Driver issues ect.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:24 am 

Didn't they have alpha testing batches already, a few weeks earlier ago? I remember seeing issues with people getting emails from DICE claiming they were given private access to the testing, but it turned out to be an error on DICE's part.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:18 am 

Favourite OS
SalkinOS
I'm going to buy it at the "Gamescom 2013" in Germany. I wonder if it's the alpha or is the final version out :D Anyone going there too?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial Begins, System Requirements Re        Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:35 am 

Favourite OS
Battlefield has always been a great platform for fps gaming; BF3 was a masterpiece! I hope BF4 will live upto its expectations. and the requirements are bit on higher side. I have nvidia gt525m (1GB) (DX 11 supported) but i dont think it will run smoothly on this. Its always been a ploy of industries to get more customers to buy their latest products by using "requirement" thing. and thats a punch to MS face that BF4 is not supported on system running Win8!

Top  Profile