BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 66d, 23h, 9m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 5343MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash Drive        Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 pm 
FTP Access

Microsoft wants more users to try out the new Windows 8.1 Preview
Quote:
Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 8.1 would hit RTM in August, but the company first wants more users to try out the Preview version that’s already available for both end users and enterprises.

The software maker has decided to give away Windows To Go sticks with Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview at the Worldwide Partner Conference in Houston, Texas, just to make sure that more people deploy the first Windows 8 update before it goes live.

Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet revealed that many WPC 2013 attendees have received a Windows To Go stick that allows them to quickly deploy the Preview version of the OS on their devices.

As far as general availability of the operating system is concerned, word is that the software maker is planning to announce it in October, just ahead of the holiday season.

They provide Windows To Go sticks with Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview first so more users will be able to try out the preview version that is already available for both end users and enterprises.

Source:http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Starts-Giving-Away-Windows-8-1-Preview-Flash-Drives-366554.shtml

Last edited by tjn on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash D        Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:52 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
hmm, Source?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash D        Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:11 am 
FTP Access

rafaelgs wrote:
hmm, Source?

The Source URL is now added to the main post of this topic.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash D        Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:32 pm 
Donator

if Microsoft wants us to test so bad, it why not make the preview enterprise links available????

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash D        Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:34 pm 
Donator

I want one :P

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash D        Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
all Ws
considering the time since these sticks allegedly were distributed, I simply do not believe that a single bit comes over the internet about enterprise 8.1 preview.
I simply cannot imagine that there is absolutely no leak upon such hot stuff.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash D        Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:20 pm 
Donator

i agree, its quite surprising

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash D        Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:10 am 

I think they only doing it for Windows 8 is a flop and Microsoft will not confirmed that.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Starts Giving Away Windows 8.1 Preview Flash D        Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:22 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
all Ws
AleWi wrote:
I think they only doing it for Windows 8 is a flop and Microsoft will not confirmed that.

sorry, cannot see your point. This thread is about enterprise preview stick to be delivered to partners :?

Top  Profile