BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 56d, 22h, 55m | CPU: 65% | MEM: 5014MB of 12233MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Windows 8.1 wrote:
Word on the street is (pun always intended) is that Microsoft is currently working on Gemini, a new set of updates for its Office productivity suite. This new version is said to include dedicated builds for Windows 8.1.

Microsoft’s roadmap for its Office releases suggests that the productivity suite is very likely to get not just more Metro apps, but special versions for iOS and Android as well.

This obviously has been a longstanding rumor — Microsoft Office on competing mobile platforms.

Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet believes that the future of Office suite of productivity applications boils down to three major releases. The first of which is very likely to see daylight later this year, at the same time (or soon after) Windows 8.1 makes its debut.

The software titan is as of this writing working on additional Metro versions of the apps in Office 2013, including major ones like Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

Microsoft could use the public launch of Windows 8.1 to bring the new Metro Office apps into the spotlight. If this is to be the case then fall 2013 could be a key moment for the technology titan.

April 2014, on the other hand, is said to bring major improvements to Office for Mac and Office RT.

And then finally, another major Office release in October 2014, which could finally bring the productivity suite to both iOS and Android — just ahead of the public launch of Windows 9. Microsoft, apparently, is keen to expand its all-conquering solution beyond the Windows ecosystem.

From how things are shaping up, Office along with Windows could be in line for several updates in the next year or two.

Source: http://www.windows81.com/2013/04/office-gemini-to-come-in-windows-8-1-ios-and-android-flavors/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Hmm, have not been Gemini already used for some other project... or I'm wrong?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:39 pm 
Donator

maxtorix wrote:
Hmm, have not been Gemini already used for some other project... or I'm wrong?

If it was used, it's normal to Microsoft to use some codenames again. Look at Cairo.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:21 pm 
Donator

I truly wonder why Microsoft didn't make Office 2013 fully metro-fied to begin with. That would have been a far more logical step considering the direction in which they're heading.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
It is the codename for an update to Office 2013 slated for release with 8.1, but in the end, nothing came out.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Pro Build 9200
New Office comes out, I can't wait. Probably it's Office 2014 or Office 2013 SP1.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:36 am 

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.51 1057
I also eagerly await to see what's coming next.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:31 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Office for iOS? Seriously? Anyway, I just hope they don't make it into a Metro app. Office + Metro = UI nightmare.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Office-Codename "Gemini"        Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:52 am 
Donator

Kelton2 wrote:
Office for iOS? Seriously? Anyway, I just hope they don't make it into a Metro app. Office + Metro = UI nightmare.

It works quite well on WP.

Top  Profile