BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 62d, 15h, 15m | CPU: 43% | MEM: 5318MB of 12211MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft prepared a "Plan B" if Windows 8.1 fails        Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4093
Offtopic Comment
aww.... I wanted a fishy as my boot screen :3

I'm just glad 8.1 can 50-50 splitscreen apps...

Formerly ratsrock2323

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft prepared a "Plan B" if Windows 8.1 fails        Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm 
FTP Access

There is only one thing I am really missing from Win8/8.1, the Aero theme.
Can someone suggest me a reliable application which is able to bring it back?
Or is Microsoft planning to bring it back on future releases of Windows?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft prepared a "Plan B" if Windows 8.1 fails        Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:22 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.1 - 3.1.319
ratsrock2323 wrote:
Offtopic Comment
aww.... I wanted a fishy as my boot screen :3

Here you go! :)

@windowsuser, nedvire found this once: http://blog.laptopmag.com/make-windows-8-like-windows-7
Just read the step 3.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft prepared a "Plan B" if Windows 8.1 fails        Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:47 pm 
FTP Access

BettaFish1902 wrote:
@windowsuser, nedvire found this once: http://blog.laptopmag.com/make-windows-8-like-windows-7
Just read the step 3.

Thank you for the link, this (WinaeroGlass) works very well.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft prepared a "Plan B" if Windows 8.1 fails        Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:52 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RC Build #7100
Windows 8.1 probably will fail, because adding/changing small things in something that has already been a catastrophic failure is really not going to help a lot regarding things like market share of the OS and overall use of the OS. I would like to see a Windows 8.2 that really makes some significant changes to Windows 8 that makes Windows more desktop friendly again. I'm not saying Microsoft should undo of all their work with [s]metro[/s] modern and revert back to a more Windows 7 type of operating system. They just need to find a way to make it a lot more friendly to keyboard and mouse users as Windows 8 was in my opinion too big of a leap from desktop based PCs to tablet and surface based PCs. So Microsoft just needs to tune it back a bit with pushing Windows 8 as a more tablet focused OS.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft prepared a "Plan B" if Windows 8.1 fails        Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4093
RogueCoder wrote:
Windows 8.1 probably will fail, because adding/changing small things in something that has already been a catastrophic failure is really not going to help a lot regarding things like market share of the OS and overall use of the OS. I would like to see a Windows 8.2 that really makes some significant changes to Windows 8 that makes Windows more desktop friendly again. I'm not saying Microsoft should undo of all their work with [s]metro[/s] modern and revert back to a more Windows 7 type of operating system. They just need to find a way to make it a lot more friendly to keyboard and mouse users as Windows 8 was in my opinion too big of a leap from desktop based PCs to tablet and surface based PCs. So Microsoft just needs to tune it back a bit with pushing Windows 8 as a more tablet focused OS.

I wouldn't say a "catastrophic failure". And really, Windows 8 is completely fine with a mouse and keyboard, I have it on my laptop (which is not touch screen)

Formerly ratsrock2323

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft prepared a "Plan B" if Windows 8.1 fails        Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:18 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Pro Build 9200
I think that Windows 8.1 will not fail. It's very good like Windows 7.

Top  Profile