BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 11h, 41m | CPU: 8% | MEM: 5718MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows XP Service Pack 3        Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows
Im uploading this thing 2
Microsoft.Windows.XP.SP3.Build.3180.rar

I hope u enjoy it :P

if u want 2 make da sp3 integrate just unrar everythin
use cmd
nav 2 da folder wer u save it
then do this

cd update
update /help

so u can see wat u need 2 integrate this sp3 to winxp and make da clean install cd

http://bink.nu/photos/news_article_imag ... ginal.aspx

[/img]

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:05 am 
FTP Access

the Windows XP Service Pack 3 PreBeta works also with "Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PC's" with German MUI 8) :lol:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:16 am 
Donator

im going to install this soon, in a vm.
EDIT: I got it installed, there's nothing new.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:02 pm 
Donator

XDude wrote:
im going to install this soon, in a vm.
EDIT: I got it installed, there's nothing new.

Can you (or anyone else with it) confirm the size of the SP3 executable to be 332.8 MB or 348,955,008 bytes? Just want to know to be sure.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:40 pm 
FTP Access

332 MB (348,955,008 bytes)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 pm 
Donator

joecool wrote:
the Windows XP Service Pack 3 PreBeta works also with "Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PC's" with German MUI 8) :lol:

thanks for the info :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:13 am 
FTP Access

What is in service pack 3 prebeta?

I installed it and the only difference I noticed was that it included termical services client version 6.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:27 am 
Donator

DORFD1 wrote:

I installed it and the only difference I noticed was that it included termical services client version 6.

That's pretty much all, apart from hotfixes and such. No new features.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:18 am 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
DORFD1 wrote:

I wonder if service pack 3 contains references to windows xp starter edition in the resources of the files that provide the images for the about and logon screens.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:48 am 
Donator

DORFD1 wrote:
empireum wrote:
DORFD1 wrote:

I wonder if service pack 3 contains references to windows xp starter edition in the resources of the files that provide the images for the about and logon screens.

SP2 does, so it'd surprise me if SP3 didn't.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:53 am 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
DORFD1 wrote:
empireum wrote:
DORFD1 wrote:

SP2 does, so it'd surprise me if SP3 didn't.

Sp2 cameout before windows xp starter edition.

I only remomber seeing refernces to codename whister server and its editions and windows xp home,pro,media center, tablet, and embedded not starter.

if references do exist for starter edition in sp3 maybe someone could find to product type number for starter and trick the setup program into installing starter edition. you modify the setup files to change wich product type setup installs.

just checked msgina.dll I only saw the image for xp home pro and embedded and images for whistller server, advanced server, and datacenter server. I would where the images are for mediacenter and tablet pc. When I use tweaknt to switch to a different edition I can swtich to media center and tabletpc and see their images in the about and logon screens.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:12 am 
Donator

Check winbrand.dll in XP SP2. It contains the Starter Edition images. I know SP2 came out before Starter, but Starter in turn is nothing more than a crippled XP Home w/SP2 slipstreamed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:05 am 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
Check winbrand.dll in XP SP2. It contains the Starter Edition images. I know SP2 came out before Starter, but Starter in turn is nothing more than a crippled XP Home w/SP2 slipstreamed.

winbrand.dll also has both windows emebedded and windows fundamentals for legacy pcs images and it does contain stater edition images.

if I knew the product type of starter edition I could modify the setup files and trick it into install xp starter.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:51 am 
Donator

DORFD1 wrote:
empireum wrote:

winbrand.dll also has both windows emebedded and windows fundamentals for legacy pcs images and it does contain stater edition images.

if I knew the product type of starter edition I could modify the setup files and trick it into install xp starter.

Starter identifies itself as Home Edition, additionally I don't think this'll work as a genuine XP Starter contains files which aren't present on a normal XP setup CD. And yes, I told you winbrand.dll contains the Starter images.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:35 am 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
DORFD1 wrote:
empireum wrote:

Starter identifies itself as Home Edition, additionally I don't think this'll work as a genuine XP Starter contains files which aren't present on a normal XP setup CD. And yes, I told you winbrand.dll contains the Starter images.

I was able to trick server 03 32bit setup into installing xp pro. but it said files were even though they were but I was able to get it to work by swapping the server 03 modified disc with an xp pro disc when it needed files and it work but a lot of the stuff wasn't installed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:49 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Chicago (hometown pride)
I personally think Starter would be to crippled and full of strange DLLS to ge the install working. I would not know, as I am in the middle of "acquiring" my copy from a person in Brazil that shall remain un-named. I have no f*cking idea if it comes with a serial, or what will work as a serial.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:49 am 
FTP Access

winbrand.dll from XPSP3 (5.1.2600.3180) contains many resources from Windows XP Starter ;)

1104:

1105:

1202:

1303:

1400:

it also contains resources for Media Center, Tablet PC, Fundamentals & XP Embedded 8)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:51 am 
Donator

I think these (except the FLP ones) are also present in SP2's winbrand.dll.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:02 am 
FTP Access

no references to fundamentals in sp2 version of winbrand.dll

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:03 am 
Donator

DORFD1 wrote:

Noone claimed that... There can't be any, as SP2 was released in 2004, whereas FLP was released in 2006.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:44 am 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
DORFD1 wrote:

Noone claimed that... There can't be any, as SP2 was released in 2004, whereas FLP was released in 2006.

according to the microsoft support lifecychle windows fundamentals for legacy pcs was released in 2001.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=11688

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:47 am 
Donator

DORFD1 wrote:
empireum wrote:
DORFD1 wrote:

according to the microsoft support lifecychle windows fundamentals for legacy pcs was released in 2001.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=11688

was the guy typing the date drunk?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:53 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Maybe a noob question but how to extract the images from winbrand.dll and msgina.dll. I tryed an hex editor but i didn't work.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:59 pm 
Donator

Try Resource Hacker or XN Resource Editor.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:37 pm 
Donator

FLP was released in 2006. And yes, to extract the images, use something like Resource Hacker as Luckie said.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]