BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 12h, 28m | CPU: 13% | MEM: 5580MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows Live OneCare 2.0 Beta        Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:38 pm 
FTP Access

Just got this email from signing up for the OneCare 2.0 Beta quite a while ago. Beta apparently isn't ready yet, but instead you are directed to download a "special" version of OneCare 1.6 that will then upgrade itself to 2.0 in a few days time.

Quote:
You’re invited to try Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) before the public premiere!

The public premiere of Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) is just around the corner, but you’ve been specially selected for an invitation to try the Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) before it is available to the public!

This invitation is for an invite-only group, please do not forward this email. Please also refrain from publicly posting this or any other pre-premiere information.

Click here to install the Windows Live OneCare Beta

Windows Live OneCare is an automatically self-updating PC care service that’s on whenever your PC is on, helping provide persistent protection against viruses, hackers, and other threats. It also performs regular tune-ups to help keep your PC running at top speed, and helps you back up important documents.

• Runs quietly in the background, providing anti-virus, anti-spyware, online identity and scam protection (anti-phishing) and firewall protection
• Updates itself to help you keep ahead of the latest threats
• Runs regular PC tune-ups, even checking for ways to cut PC boot time
• Provides one-click solutions to most problems
• Makes backups a breeze
• Provides the option to store copies of your photos online
• Lets you see the status of all your computer systems at a glance

Frequently Asked Questions:
Are there any costs or fees to try the pre-premiere of Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0)?
No.

How do I try Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0)?
To participate in the pre-premiere group, click this link: Click here to install the Windows Live OneCare Beta . A special version of Windows Live OneCare (v1.6) will be installed on your computer. Within a few days your computer will be automatically updated to Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0)!

How can I get the most from my OneCare Beta (v2.0) experience?
Unlock new features, such as multi-pc management, by signing in with your Windows Live ID when configuring Windows Live OneCare for the first time. And by signing in with the same Windows Live ID for all your PCs.

Will Windows Live OneCare Beta really protect my PC?
Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) is serviced with the same antimalware engine and signature set as our paying customers get - the difference is the new functionality such as multi-PC management, printer sharing, and online backup.

I’m a paid subscriber to OneCare, do I need to install the beta (v2.0)?
No. If you are already a paid subscriber for the publicly available service at onecare.live.com, then you are enjoying the certainty that comes with a Microsoft-shipped product. At the conclusion of the beta, all paid subscribers will automatically be upgraded to v2.0 at no additional charge.

Where can I send feedback?
You can submit feedback regarding Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0) through our feedback site.

Where can I learn more about the Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0)?
You can contact the Windows Live OneCare Beta Team directly by sending email to -----------------------

Click here to install the Windows Live OneCare Beta

Thank you for your interest in Windows Live OneCare Beta (v2.0)!
Windows Live OneCare Beta Team

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:28 am 
FTP Access

i got my I reluctantly installed v1.6

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:38 am 
Just went to beta.microsoft.com and i saw the link there. Thanks!

Oh, and to anyone using this....it looks like v2.0 will finally support x64 :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]