BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 5h, 47m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 6485MB of 11226MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Openbox 3.4 Released        Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:21 am 
"After a very productive series of preview releases, Openbox 3.4 is here! If you haven't yet, we'd really like to recommend that you read through the 'Upgrading to 3.4 guide', which is on the Openbox web site, http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/He ... ing_to_3.4 . The number of changes since 3.3.1, as you'll know if you've been following the preview releases, can be a little overwhelming. The upgrading to 3.4 guide talks about most of them, along with pretty pictures to show many of the new features."

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:44 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Yes, that's nice but I still don't know what it is.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:56 am 
longview wrote:
Yes, that's nice but I still don't know what it is.

Quote:
Openbox is a minimalistic, highly configurable, next generation window manager with extensive standards support.

The *box visual style is well known for its minimalistic appearance. Openbox uses the *box visual style, while providing a greater number of options for theme developers than previous *box implementations. The theme documentation describes the full range of options found in Openbox themes.

Openbox lets you bring the latest applications outside of a full desktop environment. Most modern applications have been written with GNOME and KDE in mind. With support for the latest freedesktop.org standards, as well as careful adherence to previous standards, Openbox provides an environment where applications work the way they were designed to.

Openbox is a highly configurable window manager. It allows you to change almost every aspect of how you interact with your desktop and invent completely new ways to use and control it. It can be like a video game for controlling windows. But Openbox can also be kept extremely simple, as it is in the default setup, meaning that it can suit just about anybody. Openbox gives you control without making you do everything.

Openbox makes desktop environments better. By running Openbox inside the GNOME or K desktop environments, you can combine their ease and functionality with the power of Openbox. Your desktop becomes cleaner and faster, and is in your control, when you use Openbox.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:00 am 
Donator

As the website quote says, it's a minimalistic, very fast and configurable window manager for *nix systems, i.e. also for Linux. I personally use it occasionally on my desktop/notebook and full-time on my PDA as it runs great with as little as 64MB RAM.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:24 pm 
Donator

Again, this is old news. Look at what this person is posting and how many posts he has. He's submitting junk to get to 10 posts.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]