BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 11h, 3m | CPU: 8% | MEM: 1930MB of 3507MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Dell now selling PCs with Ubuntu, FreeDOS        Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:41 am 
Donator

There has been a buzz around the internet about Dell selling machines with Ubuntu Linux preloaded, and now it has happened.

http://www.dell.com/ubuntu now has the Dimension E520 desktop, Inspiron e1505 notebook, and XPS 410 desktop available preloaded with Ubuntu Linux. They are between US$50 and $100 cheaper than their equivalents with Vista.

They are also selling machines with FreeDOS - now that would be nice. A workstation with a Core 2 Duo processor, 2Gb of RAM, and a 20" LCD display for playing Wolfenstein 3D on. :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:17 pm 
FTP Access

Well...it's about damn time! :D Just think...one day, Ubuntu will also be supported by Apple's Macintosh. And Windows will diminish...forever!!!!

:shot:

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:58 pm 
Donator

troyoda1990 wrote:
Well...it's about damn time! :D Just think...one day, Ubuntu will also be supported by Apple's Macintosh. And Windows will diminish...forever!!!!

:shot:

Ubuntu (or Debian) works fine already on Intel Macs. Sure, there are a few "rough edges" but nothing too hard.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:37 pm 
Donator

Hmm... I'm gonna have to buy one of these! I like the $100 off saved by Ubuntu.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:01 pm 
FTP Access

for these its 100
but image for PCs that previously came with Vista Ultimate!
MASSIVE save!

FINALLY Dell seems logical! Cheap, easy to customize computers that already come with a good OS!

If you're havin' IE problems, I feel bad for you, son - I got 99 problems but a browser ain't one. - DJ Danger Mime

include email

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]