BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 4h, 45m | CPU: 49% | MEM: 5730MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows Home Server Beta 2        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:42 am 
Donator

Hi, i just wanted to know If i should upload the iso of windows vista home server beta 2..? just answer

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:43 am 
Staff

It is already on the Server.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:47 am 
Donator

Really? i have never noticed ...?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:54 am 
Staff

Yep, download2.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:34 am 
Donator

ahh.. ok, that is why i have never seen it :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:08 am 
Donator

You need a key to install it and activate it though, you'll need to be on the beta for that. Unless you ask someone else for a key and just don't activate (apparently the keys only activate once)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:23 am 
FTP Access

Yeah, but each tester can get 4 different keys also if you beg for more you probably will get more. I don't mind givining away a key. I didn't even use 1 yet.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:34 am 
FTP Access

It looks as though you can still sign up for the beta if you haven't done so yet, then you'll get 4 keys from Microsoft: http://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer

Anyone thinking of giving away a key, be careful to only give it to someone you trust, as if it gets on to the open internet and MS find it, they will kick you out of the WHS beta and probably out of all the betas that you're on.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:39 am 
FTP Access

OK, no key giveaways from me then :P Took me forever just to get into a private BETA program, don't want to ruin it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:32 am 
FTP Access

I'm suprised no one noticed I posted 2 keys in the keys topic. And I uploaded the image when it first came out.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:07 am 
Donator

my home server dvds arrived (even though on connect it said only to USA only), and for those that haven't seen them here they are

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:19 am 
FTP Access

N~I~C~E!! :D How much do they charge for them? I was thinking about getting them but they didn't seem to want to tell me how much it was going to be until after I'd put in all my card details. Are they pressed discs, or burned and labelled ones like the Centro DVDs? I love beta discs, it's a shame they won't send them out for free.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:10 am 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
N~I~C~E!! :D How much do they charge for them? I was thinking about getting them but they didn't seem to want to tell me how much it was going to be until after I'd put in all my card details. Are they pressed discs, or burned and labelled ones like the Centro DVDs? I love beta discs, it's a shame they won't send them out for free.

There was a huge number of participants in the program, if microsoft send them out for free, then it could cost them atleast half a million US dollars.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:51 am 
FTP Access

XDude wrote:
There was a huge number of participants in the program, if microsoft send them out for free, then it could cost them atleast half a million US dollars.

They can afford it :P By my reckoning, they make nearly $1.5 million profit (after tax etc) every hour (based on last year's net income of $12.6 billion, according to Wikipedia), so another 20 minutes and that's discs for all us beta collectors paid for 8)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:51 pm 
Donator

didnt charge me :D and never have for being on the betas (all my vista discs arrived). I never got my centro dvds. These aren't just burnt and a label stuck on. they are proper pressed dvds

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:03 pm 
FTP Access

___ wrote:
didnt charge me

WHAT?!?! How did you manage that? :shock: I go to the link for UK, enter my address, click Next, and then it asks for credit card details! Although it doesn't give a price anywhere, whereas on the US link it clearly says $9.99 - did you put in your card details but they didn't charge anything, or something? It's certainly not letting me complete the order without card details.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:13 pm 
Donator

___ wrote:
didnt charge me :D and never have for being on the betas (all my vista discs arrived). I never got my centro dvds. These aren't just burnt and a label stuck on. they are proper pressed dvds

Heh, nice, though I wonder how you didn't get charged ... I looked at the link for ordering CDs in New Zealand and there was a $16 shipping charge.

I'm probably going to just pay the $16.50 they're charging in Aus here, I really want a set of these disks :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:45 pm 
FTP Access

Grrr, I decided to put in all my details so that it showed me how much it was going to be, and it's £9! Too much :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:56 am 
Donator

I rather burnt the iso to discs.
I don't find this beta as impressive as it should be.
I don't really like the windows server 2003 core... so I would rather stick to my burnt copies

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:22 am 
FTP Access

One reason I'd like to have the real things is that I probably won't bother to burn them otherwise, so I'll just delete them and not have them any more - it doesn't really seem worth using a whole DVD-R just to keep something like this, I can never be bothered to buy blank DVDs as most of what I burn I use CDs and I'm poor so the expense is painful and I don't bother getting them! Now if MS were to send them for free then of course I'd keep them in my collection! (but £9 is way too much for 3 discs - I did pay about that much for the two Vista packs (together) as Vista was a big one and they're nice collectable boxes, but these aren't special enough really to be worth all that cash - again with Vista the only builds I still have are Beta 2 and RC1 as they're on official discs - the other 2 CPP builds I just deleted)

PS please tell me the exact steps that you went through to get the discs for free, I can't find any way of doing this ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:38 pm 
Donator

i never put any card details in ( i don't even have a credit card). Might it have something to do with being on the vista beta? they did invite me to the beta

edit: i didn't even know they were been sent to me

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]