BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 9h, 42m | CPU: 48% | MEM: 1874MB of 2949MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: Latest Vista activation crack by Paradox .. works.        Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:49 pm 
Donator

There is a new Vista activation workaround floating around on the internet, created by Paradox. It's the Paradox BIOS emulation toolkit. Here's how it works:

If you buy a copy of Windows with a computer from Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Sony, ie. all the big brands, you get an install disk that has some files on it so you can reinstall without having to activate. This is System Locked Preinstallation, and it's not new (its on my XP MCE cd). It works by checking against your BIOS for certain bits of text, so if it matches (ie. you've got a HP laptop) it won't ask to activate.

However, the team at Paradox have created a BIOS emulator. It's a driver that sits beneath Vista, so whenever Vista asks for info on the BIOS, it always returns information that matches up with a HP/Dell/etc. bios. So, you run this driver, plus add a license certificate that matches up with the OEM, and then Vista won't ask for activation.

And, it works! I've tested it, a friend of mine tested it, and it all works! Windows shows up as activated, and all updates and everything work fine. :D :D

For more information, and a download *cough*, read about it here

BTW: you don't necessarily *have* to install the driver to make it work. If you have a relatively new computer from one of those OEMs mentioned above, it might work for you without installing the driver. Go through the steps, including adding the xrm-ms file and new product key, but just ignore the bit about OEMTool and the driver install. It worked for me this way, your results will vary. :P If you're daring you can mod your actual hardware BIOS so it has different identification data, but that's an overkill.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 am 
FTP Access

Westbalkanian Computing Industry Wastelands
Hmmm, nice

Pirating windows is harder relase-by-release but the not-willing-to-pay user group always turns out to being on the winning side.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:22 am 
FTP Access

By a "relatively new computer" I presume we're talking months, not years? I'm not sure I'd want to risk installing a driver like this - it could easily make your system unstable. I'll just use my legit Biz and will have to forget that Ultimate exists - I don't think I would actually really use any of the extra stuff you get in Ultimate anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:46 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
By a "relatively new computer" I presume we're talking months, not years?

I bought my machine last May and it works .. though I've upgraded the BIOS since then (the BIOS date is November 2006 i think)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:51 am 
FTP Access

A new way of using Vista permanently without activating seems to have been discovered - I saw this here.

Basically it seems as though if you set the regvalue SkipRearm at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SL to 1, the following rearm is not counted in the limit of 3! The regvalue is then reset to 0 after the rearm, so next time you rearm you need to set it to 1 again to ensure it is not counted. However, this would presumably also work if you put the making of the regkey and the rearming into a startup/shutdown command script so that it all happened without you doing anything. Only problem I can think of is what would happen if you didn't use the PC for 30 days - if you then started up in safe mode and rearmed would it work again? Any testers? ;) (I had to delete my Vista VM as I needed the disk space for Home Server)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:07 am 
Donator

I do wonder if it works with RC1, I assume it does, but I haven't checked yet...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:54 am 
FTP Access

Do you mean to bypass the May 31st timebomb, or to activate? There shouldn't be any need to crack the activation as most of us have loads of Beta 2/RC1 keys that can be activated directly; if not just go here and get one. As for the timebomb, it probably is crackable but no-one's really bothered to work out how as there's little interest in RC1 now that you can just use RTM.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:25 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
I think there are already cracks to bypass the timebomb, i downloaded 1 last night, and i was going to test it today, until a free copy of vista ultimate rtm that i had won in a microsoft competition a while back, but one that i didnt know i had won, came in the post this morning, now im running rtm :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:31 am 
FTP Access

You won Ultimate? :o Which competition was that in? I won a copy of Vista in an MS competition too but mine's only Business :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:35 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
microsoft uk developers launch competition, they were supposed to email me to tell me tht i had won, but they didnt. even funnier is, that a friend who put the same answer and at the same time and therefore probably won too, recently went out and brought home premium for his new build :lol:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:40 am 
FTP Access

What did you have to do to win then? Did everyone who got the right answer win a copy? I didn't even know about this one :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:46 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
It was the first 1000 correct answers, but it couldnt have been well turned out, because i couldnt find where on the site it was for 45 mins after the start, yet i still won! :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:52 am 
FTP Access

Wish I'd known about that :( It can't have been very well publicised, as I try to keep an eye out for that kind of thing. Was the question you had to answer difficult or not?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:54 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Only UK Vista Beta1/RC1 Participants were informed, though anyone was allowed to carry out the quiz.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:02 am 
FTP Access

I did the CPP if that's what you mean, don't remember getting anything about this though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:52 am 
Donator

awesome! thats really nice, if anyone needs a copy of the disk let me know and i can rip and upload it somewhere. I have HP/Compaq, Gateway, and Acer disk.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:36 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
on the subject of vista, does anyone know where i can order the x64 discs from, as the copy that i won was a retail with only 32bit software on.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:58 am 
FTP Access

That's strange, Ultimate is supposed to come with both discs inside the box, whereas the other editions only come with 32-bit and a leaflet telling you where to order the 64-bit or the CD version from. The website is http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1 ... fault.mspx but you might not be able to order an x64 of Ultimate because you're supposed to already have that (they will detect from your key that you have Ultimate and might not offer discs that they think you already have).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
no i found this last night, but i cant order 64bit discs :cry: oh well, i honestly wasnt going to use it because ive only got 512mb ram.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:06 pm 
FTP Access

You probably could use 64-bit with 512 MB Ram, same as the 32-bit versions, if you have a 64-bit processor (or does 64-bit need more Ram?). Although I don't think the 64-bit versions are a good idea yet as so much doesn't work on x64 yet. You could always use a downloaded copy of the 64-bit disc and your product key if you needed to install x64, that would be legal I think, and would definitely work.

How come your copy didn't have a 64-bit disc? If it's a retail box there should be one, maybe you should email Microsoft and ask if you can have one, as it should have been included to start with.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:11 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
64-Bit Requires double the RAM in Vista, though im not sure why, as this isnt so in XP. Anyway, the main reason im not planning to use it yet is the fact that it requires drivers to be signed, which a lot of drivers i have found arent. The box i received wasn't a standard box, it was a special developers launch box, which only included 1 32-Bit Disc. Im not sure that its even retail, actually, i just assumed because why would they give me an OEM, as this would be against their own rules. that said, is there any easy way to tell?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:51 am 
Donator

You mean to tell if it's an OEM? I'd say check the DVD label. If it says "FRE" towards the end, it is retail, if it says "OEM", then...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:05 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
The DVD Label is FRE, so it is a retail, which is good news. i was planning to upgrade my pc at some point and i wanted to take vista with me, now i can!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:21 am 
FTP Access

The OEM discs also usually have something like "For distribution only with a new PC" on the DVD. I really would try emailing MS though, as they have probably overlooked the fact that you can't order the disc from their disc-ordering site as it sees your Ultimate key and thinks you already have the 64-bit disc. I'm sure they would help as you're entitled to a 64-bit edition if you have a licence for 32-bit, though you may have to pay shipping/handling like you do on the disc-ordering site.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:41 pm 
nice

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next