BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 32d, 2h, 32m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 6661MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:54 am 
Administrator

All of the XPs has been rechecked and repacked onto the FTP, they should be fairly correct now in name and all. Will run a log update later to update the stats and log info.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:34 am 
Administrator

All Redstone (client) releases has been repacked and renamed into the new format. Still working on Threshold and server releases...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 pm 
Administrator

Finished all Redstone and Threshold releases, server and client. Moving on to Windows 8.x and Server 2012/R2 builds...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:55 pm 
Administrator

I've finished Windows Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2016, all Small Business Server editions, Windows XP and Windows Vista.

It would be great if someone here at BetaArchive could take a look and verify Server 2008 (not R2) for us, I believe the editions detected may be wrong...

There are a few builds missing from Server 2008 and Vista since I was unable to properly detect and rename these, I've sent them to our local expert for verification :). These will be uploaded again as soon as possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:55 pm 
Administrator

Also completed Server 2003 and Server 2003 R2. Only the tricky ones left now...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:20 pm 
Administrator

NT 3.x and 4.x are all done, as well as Windows Me.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:15 pm 
Administrator

Finished Windows 9x as well, I think I am more or less done with the beta OSes. I may sort the abandonware and remaining betas into groups as well, but I will do that at a later date. Will focus on new (and old) releases now as well as prepare the new server for a complete FTP move. More info about that at a later date.

I will need to rewrite portions of my scripts to work with the new layout, so there will be a few more days before there's any official release log update.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:14 pm 
Administrator

There won't be much updates this week except for the recent Win10 build (10.0.14986.1000), I've been busy with real life and also a much larger preservation project aimed for the future. Will try to do some FTP uploads this weekend. I may have gotten some help sorting the older releases too so we might see some updates from there soon.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:52 am 
Administrator

I've decided to remove all the individual language editions of Visual Studio 2017 (rc) as these are all contained within the previous [MultiLanguage] releases (now with the tag removed). It's rather pointless to have the same data over and over again when 95% is the same across all languages, and where there is a release that has them all in one.

This will apply only to those releases that are downloaded using Microsofts downloader client, if Microsoft were to release any original ISOs in individual languages then we would keep those.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:57 am 
Administrator

Now that the new server settled and I got the scripts, backup routines etc working I am going to focus on the latest member uploads. I know most of you aren't the least bit interested in Windows 10 builds but for that occasional member that is there might be some interesting stuff coming this way soon...

I'd also want to raise a flag for our "Help" folder on the FTP, there's a few releases there I need help with identifying and check for authenticity. Would be great to plow through all of those so we can get them onto the main FTP.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:13 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
I don't see the Help folder for some reason.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Same here.

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager - my configuration manager for 86Box

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:00 pm 
Administrator

OK, should be there now.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:52 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
Release 17 is labeled correctly - it's indeed MS-DOS 4.00, and it's compile, ie. it has all 6 disks.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:05 pm 
Administrator

Thanks, but please use the designated topic for the member release help folders

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26086

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:07 am 
Administrator

There will be some slowdowns on the FTP for a while as I am moving and deduplicating massive amounts of data between drives and reshuffling releases as I am making space and preparing for new things... So don't be alarmed by the odd harddrive usage graphs as they show only the deduplication and moving of data process.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:17 pm 
Administrator

A little update.... most of the deduplication and data shuffling is done (still have to do backups later :? ) and I still have a few additions to add to the FTP before The Big Release (tm). I expect to be done by the weekend.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nashville 4.00.83
mrpijey wrote:
A little update.... most of the deduplication and data shuffling is done (still have to do backups later :? ) and I still have a few additions to add to the FTP before The Big Release (tm). I expect to be done by the weekend.

Thanks mrpj for running this great FTP server. That big release does sound interesting.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 pm 
Administrator

Well, here it is, The Big Release, as promised! With the help of members (whose names shall never be mentioned) I've downloaded a whole lot of Windows Insider builds of Windows 10 directly from Microsoft, and am now sharing it all with you on BetaArchive. This has been a massive undertaking due to the huge amount of releases and data, and in the middle of it all I had to upgrade the BA harddrives to fit it. But here you go! For all of those that are completely uninterested in Windows 10, you can go back to sleep :). But we still got to catch them all if we can :).

There are a few abandonware releases that are flagged as new even when they were previously released on BA, these are mostly renames or replacements. Due to the massive amount of changes I've done to a lot of titles I decided to just tag them as "new" releases instead of manually changing the log one release at a time. As usual, if any errors are found in the releases or namings please log it in the "[BA FTP archive] Errata: Wrong version numbers, misnamings…" thread with full path to the release as well as a reason.

Also, from now on, all incomplete releases will go into its own folder on BetaArchive FTP, the \(Misc) Incompletes. It will for the time being not be logged but serves as a mere reference in case members find a more complete release. Consider all the releases in these folders be in one or more ways incomplete and non-functional without heavy modifications. Not all incompletes has been moved here yet but I will work on this as well to make sure we don't have any broken releases in any other section than this one.

Due to the size of the log file (almost 1MB textfile!) I've decided to split this log into several pieces, beginning with Windows 10 and Server 2016, and ending with everything else I've added during the last weeks of this project. Thanks to The Distractor, Battler, Overdoze, Darkstar, OldMac and all you other members that have added a lot of new and interesting releases as well! I've tried to keep up with all the uploads and I still have a few things to add, but I will work on those next...

And for those of you interested (as covered in other topics), all of the Windows 10 and Server 2016 builds are contained on a single 8TB harddrive (with currently almost 1TB free space), deduplicated and all:

Code:
SavedSpace           SavingsRate
----------           -----------
32.07 TB             83 %

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:02 pm 
Administrator

OK, a couple of things coming up in the near future...

Next week Windows Vista SP0 will go abandonware, so I am preparing all the archived MSDN releases right now as well as a few OEM compiles for release. These will be released next Tuesday on April 11.

Next after that I will reshuffle all the Abandonware OS sections as these are becoming quite large. These will be sorted into various Microsoft/IBM/Other sections to more easily find what you're looking for.

I also have a pile of original Mac software to dump and scan, here's a small teaser (not much is visible though):

Sorry for the bad quality, lighting here is very bad and it's late...

Until the next release!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:34 am 
Administrator

In the next update all the iOS firmware stuff will be removed. There's absolutely no interest in there, I stopped updating the betas a year ago or so and no one else has contributed any betas for this section. None of it is actually usable either as there is no emulator for iOS, and Apple has made sure you can't easily downgrade either. So this is just using up a lot of space for no reason as no one cares about this.

iOS applications and games will remain, as well as other Apple-related stuff.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 2000
mrpijey wrote:
In the next update all the iOS firmware stuff will be removed. There's absolutely no interest in there, I stopped updating the betas a year ago or so and no one else has contributed any betas for this section. None of it is actually usable either as there is no emulator for iOS, and Apple has made sure you can't easily downgrade either. So this is just using up a lot of space for no reason as no one cares about this.

iOS applications and games will remain, as well as other Apple-related stuff.

Will you be putting these on Archive.org with the recovery media?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjxC-IInPrC1dNISF8ZQ

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:23 pm 
Administrator

I won't. It's 2TB of data and I don't have the time nor will to upload all that to IA.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 2000
mrpijey wrote:
I won't. It's 2TB of data and I don't have the time nor will to upload all that to IA.

Gotcha :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjxC-IInPrC1dNISF8ZQ

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 pm 
Administrator

I have cleaned up the following sections:

\(Abandonware) Operating Systems\PC\Microsoft Windows 2000
\(Abandonware) Operating Systems\PC\Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
\(Abandonware) Operating Systems\PC\Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next