BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 7h, 10m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 2114MB of 3193MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 PostPost subject: New releases & FTP activity        Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:39 am 
Administrator

Just posting a heads up for the members on BA that I am working on a new release this weekend, it will include all the recent uploads (thanks all!) including some of my own regular abandonware dumps as well as some older stuff.

I am quite busy these days and I try to do as much as I can (I don't get paid (hey Andy, where's ma monnies? :P) but remember that I have not forgotten BA. Instead of releasing many small releases (posting etc takes time too) I try to batch them together for weekend releases instead. Weekends are the only good time I got to make releases.

A lot of nice new goodies has been uploaded to BA so expect a nice release full of nice beta/abw candy in all various flavors :).

Listings: Online :: Offline
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
Great - nice one mrpijey :)

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:18 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Linux Mint
What you got homie?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:54 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT 5.1
any Windows alpha/beta ? :D

RIP Josh Exley

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:08 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Neptune\7(Full)
Great! Stuff in the upload ftp has just been piling up. (Along with my first upload, Im so proud, I helped society :D)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:17 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
I'd be able to kill for Windows Live Essentials Wave 4 :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:14 am 
Administrator

I've posted the first batch of stuff. I still got some to verify and upload but it's quite hard because half of the stuff I got can't be identified or it's broken. Some is even pointless to keep on BA :P. But I got also a lot of my own stuff to upload as well, but it all takes time to properly identify, label and pack up. Unfortunately there's no one on BA with decent speed that can help me sort it all out (tons and tons of abandonware but also a few betas). So I will have to do it on my own when I find the time.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:48 am 
FTP Access

Quote:
that can help me

:P So sure?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:36 pm 
Donator

mrpijey wrote:
I've posted the first batch of stuff. I still got some to verify and upload but it's quite hard because half of the stuff I got can't be identified or it's broken. Some is even pointless to keep on BA :P. But I got also a lot of my own stuff to upload as well, but it all takes time to properly identify, label and pack up. Unfortunately there's no one on BA with decent speed that can help me sort it all out (tons and tons of abandonware but also a few betas). So I will have to do it on my own when I find the time.

I can help, even though the Internet speed aren't that great. 200KB/s down and 50KB/s up using office line is nice :)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:16 pm 
Donator

I can sort out the Mac releases ^^

Also, as you can see in the upload server, I have uploaded a lot of Mac OS 7.0.x releases (non-english) :)
Edit: Now I am uploading 7.6 French and some other releases :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:32 pm 
Donator

I would like to upload some stuff:

(Beta) Games

PC
Grand Theft Auto (Prototypes)
Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed (5-3-2000) (online beta demo)
SimCity 4 (Prototype ''Crowd'')
Spore (Prototype ''BIOME'')
Spore (Prototype ''Cell Culture'')
Spore (Prototype ''City Maze'')
Spore (Prototype ''Gaslight'')
Spore (Prototype ''GonzagoGL'')
Spore (Prototype ''NetCity'')
Spore (Prototype ''ParticleMan'')
Spore (Prototype ''Space'')
Spore (Prototype ''SPUG'')
Spore (Prototype ''Tidepool'')
Spore (Prototype ''Waterboy 2002'')
X-Isle - Dinosaur Island (Technology Demo)

PSX
Driver - You Are The Wheelman Beta Demo 2 [PSX]
Driver - You Are The Wheelman Beta Demo 3 [PSX]

Abandonware Games
PC
Have a N.I.C.E. day! (German) - It's from 1997 so i think it does count as abandonware, just will upload it if someone is interrested.

And some more stuff to (Media) Games :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:49 am 
Administrator

You can upload those, just be sure they are packed up and labeled properly.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:57 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.1 Build 297
betacollector21 wrote:

Also, as you can see in the upload server, I have uploaded a lot of Mac OS 7.0.x releases (non-english) :)

I've also the Mac Collector too and I collect non-English System Software and some of the English Mac OS.

I also have the German System 5.1 (S4.3-F6.0), 6.0.5, 6.0.7, and 7.1. I've tested and run perfectly on Mini vMac. I will upload in later time.

Last edited by trustBA on Mon, 3rd Nov, 2013 6:99 am, edited 100 times in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:27 pm 
Donator

trustBA wrote:
betacollector21 wrote:

I've also the Mac Collector too and I collect non-English System Software and some of the English Mac OS.

I also have the German System 5.1 (S4.3-F6.0), 6.0.5, 6.0.7, and 7.1. I've tested and run perfectly on Mini vMac. I will upload in later time.

Actually, that was what I was about to upload next! :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:35 am 
Administrator

trustBA: I am going to sort some of your stuff as well, especially the apps you sent up.

Offtopic Comment
I got a few offers to help out sorting the remaining stuff. I am not sure how to manage multiple users downloading and upload stuff but I'll figure something out. Somehow you need to organize and download a release, fix it and upload it again without anyone else fixing the same stuff. Ideas are accepted :) Remember that my to-sort folder is around 300GB in size. Tons of dupes, tons of crap. But also tons of new stuff waiting to be added :).

Every release that gets downloaded and fixed/renamed/identified properly by you will be solely credited to you as the leaker/uploader of the release.

Thanks for all the offers!

Offtopic Comment
The BetaArchive archive just passed 5000 files! (^)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 am 
Donator

mrpijey wrote:
Offtopic Comment

Congratz BetaArchive! :D :beta: :beta:

Also, I'm going to upload some more sorted, tested, verified releases later on. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Does VMWare from version 1 to 4 are considered Abandonware?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.1 Build 297
Daniel1981 wrote:
Does VMWare from version 1 to 4 are considered Abandonware?

VMWare 1.0 is only version that is considered abandonware.

Last edited by trustBA on Mon, 3rd Nov, 2013 6:99 am, edited 100 times in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:08 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
mrpijey wrote:
trustBA: I am going to sort some of your stuff as well, especially the apps you sent up.

Offtopic Comment
I got a few offers to help out sorting the remaining stuff. I am not sure how to manage multiple users downloading and upload stuff but I'll figure something out. Somehow you need to organize and download a release, fix it and upload it again without anyone else fixing the same stuff. Ideas are accepted :) Remember that my to-sort folder is around 300GB in size. Tons of dupes, tons of crap. But also tons of new stuff waiting to be added :).

Every release that gets downloaded and fixed/renamed/identified properly by you will be solely credited to you as the leaker/uploader of the release.

Thanks for all the offers!

Offtopic Comment

Maybe assign each person certain files to check (ex. user1 gets files a????.???, user2 gets files b????.???)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:13 am 
Administrator

Released a few more things today (or maybe I should say tonight :P). I still have quite a lot to release but I got a few problems piecing together some stuff so give it some time. I am also still thinking on how to efficiently distributing my unreleased stuff, perhaps I should just open an FTP account and let anyone download and upload the stuff? What do you think?

There are a few "...(alt)" releases popping up on the FTP. If anyone on BetaArchive wants to help me identify these properly (or rename the non-alts) then it would be greatly appreciated by everyone on BA, especially me. As a thanks I'll re-tag any uploads of mine (those tagged "Released by mrpijey") to the member that manages to help me identify the release properly. This also goes to anything I upload in the future. Personally I don't care if some of my personal uploads get re-credited, I've filled my quota more than enough I think :). And I rather have a correct collection on BA than a faulty one credited to me :).

As for all the other releases I trust the uploaders to properly tag these since I don't always have the time to do a forensic investigation on each upload...

Enjoy!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:43 pm 
Donator

mrpijey, i don't understand why most of my stuff isn't on the BA server, it took me hours to upload.
My upload speed was 20kbps and sometimes a bit less.
BTW what do you mean with alt?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 pm 
FTP Access

SLAYERMAGGOT, It will end up there, it's just that mrpijey is literally flooded with tons of earlier submissions and these have to go first.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:41 pm 
Administrator

asiekierka got it right, read the pm...

As for the "alts", some filenames end with "(alt)", which stands for "alternative". There's something different with that release compared to one without the "(alt)" (different sizes, files, extra/missing floppies etc) and I don't know what's different. So any help from members identifying these and properly tag them (different build perhaps? Different version? Language?) will help a lot.

Remember people, I do this for fun, without any pay. I don't delete any uploads unless they are duplicates, broken or plain out pointless. Most uploads are not so they are put on a drive I dedicated for BA on my server, and then I go through them when I get the time. They are not sorted in chronological order by upload, but alphabetically. And some releases take longer to identify and fix. So some releases will take their time.

If anyone has any concerns then you're free to PM me about it of course, but do that with the above in mind.

Or maybe I should just stop fixing all uploads and we'll go back to the way it was before? :).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:03 pm 
Donator

Thanks for your explanation, i was a little impatient to see my stuff on BA soon, sorry for that.
Alright, i do understand that you spent much time to go through the uploads, i really appericiate your work. :wink:
With my constribution i want to bring some stuff which someone on BA like and will enjoy.
mrpijey you're a great member and i hope that you continue your work in the future.
(sorry for my english)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New releases soon!        Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:06 pm 
Administrator

Don't worry tho, your stuff will be up soon enough :). I've sorted most of the useful member uploads so the next time I go through uploads your stuff is next.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next