BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 17h, 9m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 5600MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:27 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
I've got a laptop - 16MB RAM, 1GiB HD, no CD-ROM drive - and I'd like to stick NT 3.1 on it. Is there a full set of install floppy images anywhere? All we have here are the files as you'd find them on a CD, and I've got no way of connecting it to a CD drive (or network).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:27 am 
Donator

Wouldn't you want to use 3.51 if you could get that as its more up to date.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:45 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
I have 4 on another machine. I want 3.1 on that one.

What's more, there isn't a FLOPPY distribution of 3.51 on the FTP either.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:04 pm 
FTP Access

http://archive.jackkirk.co.uk/index.php?dir=Windows%20NT%203%20%26%204%20and%20Betas/&file=Microsoft%20Windows%20NT%203.1%20%28%27%27NT%20OS2%27%27%203.1.438%29%20%28Workstation%20beta%29.rar

That is the most up to date beta version of 3.1 which I have on my server.

Jack :-)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:48 am 
Administrator

I'd be happy to upload any floppy releases of NT if someone would provide them in the first place =).

jackkirk, that build (even the rar itself!) is identical to the one on BA already.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:39 pm 
FTP Access

mrpijey wrote:
I'd be happy to upload any floppy releases of NT if someone would provide them in the first place =).

jackkirk, that build (even the rar itself!) is identical to the one on BA already.

Sorry, I got it from Silent Universe.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:29 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
So is there no floppy-image version on the Internet?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:43 pm 
Offer declined...

Last edited by KenOath on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:15 pm 
Donator

KenOath, If you dont want to upload files to BA servers, perhaps marktuson could work out somthing with you outside the forums...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
KenOath wrote:
I have 3.1, 3.5, 3.51 & 4.0, although I think a lot of the 4.0 floppies had issues...
If the policy for files on the server is changed then I'd consider upping them...

I don't agree with the following...
This wasn't the case when I signed up, however it is now...

&

This was in a full ISO of Memphis I upped here, along with other full ISOs I
upped over chistmas, my release notes were ripped from it, & a note like above added...
When someone pays money for software, & takes the time to rip & share it,
it's only fair that a credit is left in for the sucker who spent the time & money
to share it, OSBA left credits with the releases so people knew who was
sharing, yeah sure this isn't OSBA, it doesn't change the fact you are removing
the release notes, I don't know of any release group on the WWW that doesn't
leave an nfo or some sort of release note for the one who made it happen, but
whatever, your call...

No, I don't agree with that in the first image - it's contrary to "the views expressed here are not necessarily the views of the owner(s)," but with the standard message, I reckon it's an attempt at just that - standardization. Maybe they should have two directories within an archive when repackaging; one for the provider's notes in and one with the software in it? I don't know.

Ken, if you are willing to share files/builds with us on BA, then please tell us you have them, and let us have access to them. If you have them but do not wish to share the love, then please don't say anything. I know I have no authority here, whatsoever, but I would like to make that small request. The way you seem to keep saying "well I have this/I did this, but I've been treated like cack on here so you're not getting it" just reminds me of the same elitism that has driven many people away from these communities, and at one point endangered a friendship of mine.

Thanks very much. I got the files onto the laptop by putting the hard drive into another laptop with a CD-ROM drive, and copying the files. Install failed. Waste of time.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:09 pm 
Donator

I can try to generate some floppies.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:25 pm 
marktuson wrote:
Ken, if you are willing to share files/builds with us on BA, then please tell us you have them, and let us have access to them. If you have them but do not wish to share the love, then please don't say anything. I know I have no authority here, whatsoever, but I would like to make that small request. The way you seem to keep saying "well I have this/I did this, but I've been treated like cack on here so you're not getting it" just reminds me of the same elitism that has driven many people away from these communities, and at one point endangered a friendship of mine.

I made a point in that post in order to change the way files are released, if you see otherwise then that's not my problem, My offer has been declined...

PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:38 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
KenOath wrote:
I made a point in that post in order to change the way files are released, if you see otherwise then that's not my problem, My offer has been declined...

I remember no offer being made. You said 'maybe,' and 'if...' that's not an offer; that's bargaining. An offer is "I think I've got a copy here if you'd like it, just tell me if you would." Why make a conditional offer to me? I, whose lack of reputation, influence, and power in the community makes me unable to meet the conditions you gave?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.1 Build 297
http://d2ca.org/pdf/catalogs/d2ca-legac ... ercial.pdf

Inside them has Microsoft Windows NT 3.1 Workstation floppies for purchasing, please contact him for price.
http://d2ca.org/contact.html

Look here:

Quote:
Microsoft Windows NT 3.1
Copyright © 1993 Microsoft Corporation
On the outside, Windows NT 3.1 looks very much like its 16-bit cousin, Windows 3.1. It also has similar features such as Notepad, Write, Paintbrush, Clock, Calculator, Cardfile, Media Player, Terminal, Sound Recorder, Character Map, Mail, Schedule+, PIF Editor, Clipbook Viewer, Print Manager, File Manager, Command Prompt, Solitaire, Minesweeper, etc. and still uses the DOS 8.3 file name format -- but that is where the similarities end.

Windows NT 3.1 is a 32-bit operating system. All of its programs are 32-bit as well. It has integrated networking features called "services" that "serve" all connected users. Services include Net Logon, Workstation, Messenger, Alerter, Directory Replicator, etc. User Manager allows the creation of user accounts that can have specific access rights. Logs are created for events, security and more. Some of Windows NT 3.1's server and administration functions are located in Control Panel. They would be moved to their own group in later NT versions. Windows NT 3.1 originally retailed for US$495.00.

Released on twenty-two 1.44MB floppies. Total install size: 89.53MB

It will released in 22 floppies in 3½ format 1.44MB. Check here:

http://d2ca.org/d2ca-ssg-winnt2k.html

Note: Windows 2000 are not classified as abandonware so he collects them for future references and archive settings.

Last edited by trustBA on Mon, 3rd Nov, 2013 6:99 am, edited 100 times in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
i think i might have images of wNT 3.1 AS floppies somewhere ..

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] Windows NT 3.1 WS (floppy)        Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:10 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.1 Build 297
The Distractor wrote:
i think i might have images of wNT 3.1 AS floppies somewhere ..

Upload them to BA FTP!

Last edited by trustBA on Mon, 3rd Nov, 2013 6:99 am, edited 100 times in total.

Top  Profile  WWW