BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 13h, 24m | CPU: 70% | MEM: 6052MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 pm 
FTP Access

This is hard to find but interesting. It is a 64 bit windows 2000.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:16 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
There was also a "Advanced Server Limited Edition".

Both editions were released in 2001 to OEMs, so it is classified as warez.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:54 pm 
FTP Access

Daniel wrote:

Sorry to ask then

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
dirtwarrior wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Sorry to ask then

It does NOT classify as warez as long as the serial is NOT included.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:19 pm 
Administrator

It does classify as "warez" since Microsoft isn't giving away the ISO:s freely. Because a product is supplied without a serial doesn't mean it's freeware or abandonware. It's still a pirate copy as long as the company behind it doesn't distribute the software freely. Windows 2000 DTC SLE is still not 10 years old so until then it's warez, after that we can release it as abandonware.

If anyone has this release you're free to send it up to BA and we'll release it when the time comes.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:39 pm 
FTP Access

I think you're wrong. Windows 2000 will be 10 in February 2010, but support (extended only) is till July 2010. So it means 5 months of support for abandonware, doesn't it? Another example, much clearer is Windows XP, which will 10 in 2011, but Extended Support will have been until 2014. So it can't be abandonware in 2011. And there it is Windows ME, which has even less usage share than Windows 98, so nothing really will happen, if you include it to th server. Besides, Chinese version is already there. Is Chinese ME abandonware, but other versions not?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:00 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
dirtwarrior wrote:
This is hard to find but interesting. It is a 64 bit windows 2000.

I just want to to make sure that you know that it is for Itanium (IA-64) not AMD64/Intel 64 (x86-64).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:01 pm 
Administrator

Well, when and why Microsoft extends its support doesn't really matter, I've followed the 10 year rule for most stuff. But OK, let's make a small exception here. Since Windows ME is the last of the now extinct Win9x line I'll allow Windows ME to the collection. The chinese WinME snuck about by accident and wasn't supposed to be there. But I'll add whatever Windows ME:s members send up (as long as they are proper ISO:s, no hacks!). But I will not add Windows 2000 until 2010.

As for Windows XP it will be 10 years old in 2011. It will be added to the site then as well under the abandonware tag. By 2011 I believe most people have migrated to Windows Vista or Windows 7, and Microsoft will not officially sell Windows XP anymore. The extended support is only good for certain situations anyway. But we'll see how the situation looks in 2011. For now I'll add Windows ME on the basis that it's the last of the Win9x series of operating systems.

How many that actually use a system or not is quite irrelevant, it's also very hard to check since a lot of companies still use Windows 2000. A lot of companies still use Windows NT 4.0 too, so who of us can actually say which one is used the most?

Either way, Windows ME is OK, Windows 2000 is not. If however a member wants to send up a Windows 2000 build, rare or not, then that member is welcome, I'll archive it and release it when it's due.

Deal?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:01 pm 
FTP Access

mrpijey wrote:
Well, when and why Microsoft extends its support doesn't really matter, I've followed the 10 year rule for most stuff. But OK, let's make a small exception here. Since Windows ME is the last of the now extinct Win9x line I'll allow Windows ME to the collection. The chinese WinME snuck about by accident and wasn't supposed to be there. But I'll add whatever Windows ME:s members send up (as long as they are proper ISO:s, no hacks!). But I will not add Windows 2000 until 2010.

As for Windows XP it will be 10 years old in 2011. It will be added to the site then as well under the abandonware tag. By 2011 I believe most people have migrated to Windows Vista or Windows 7, and Microsoft will not officially sell Windows XP anymore. The extended support is only good for certain situations anyway. But we'll see how the situation looks in 2011. For now I'll add Windows ME on the basis that it's the last of the Win9x series of operating systems.

How many that actually use a system or not is quite irrelevant, it's also very hard to check since a lot of companies still use Windows 2000. A lot of companies still use Windows NT 4.0 too, so who of us can actually say which one is used the most?

Either way, Windows ME is OK, Windows 2000 is not. If however a member wants to send up a Windows 2000 build, rare or not, then that member is welcome, I'll archive it and release it when it's due.

Deal?

OK, I didn't mean to upload W2K. What I meant was to draw attention that somewhen it's necessary to make an exception from the 10 years rule. My information about usage share of Windows ME was from many surveys (their results are even on the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_shar ... ng_systems ), which, I think, are rather true. Anyway, the exceptions were already made with Mac OS (Classic and X). Versions from 9 till the last uploaded 10.2 aren't 10 yet (though 9 will turn into 10 this year), and 10.2 is only 6. But it's understandable since Apple runs politics of unsupporting other OSes than the newest one. I'm not implying the 10 years rule is wrong, it's very good in most cases, however there are such ones like those up high that have to be taken under indivdual consideration.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:50 pm 
Administrator

Yes of course, and I agree. And personally a rule isn't a rule unless it has at least one exception :). So I'll make this an exception too and I'll allow Windows ME onto the server, unless anyone else here objects...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:25 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT 5.0.2195
Sorry for pulling this old topic up, but I'm quite interested in this rare operating system. Now that we are in 2012, eleven years after the release of limited editions of Win2k, so if anyone happen to have a copy of that extremely rare abandonware, it is time to share it!
Hope there is someone who have them in our forum...
Thanks in advance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 Pro
JiaShang wrote:
Sorry for pulling this old topic up, but I'm quite interested in this rare operating system. Now that we are in 2012, eleven years after the release of limited editions of Win2k, so if anyone happen to have a copy of that extremely rare abandonware, it is time to share it!
Hope there is someone who have them in our forum...
Thanks in advance.

A 64bit eddition of Windows 2000? I didn't even know one existed! I'm also interested, does this have any other differences to the normal version?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:13 pm 
Donator

There was supposedly a beta build of 64-bit Windows 2000. Not confirmed though...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
Are you sure that you're talking about either IA-64 (Intel Itanium 64-bit) or x64 (x86 64-bit), and not the DEC Alpha (64-bit if I remember correctly)? Because I remember that up to the Release Candidate builds, Windows 2000 was still available for the DEC Alpha, and if I remember correctly, the DEC Alpha was a 64-bit system, so that could still quite possibly be what you're talking about.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:10 pm 
FTP Access

It was for the Itanium processor:

Microsoft and Intel Announce Preview Release of 64-Bit Windows for Intel Itanium Processor
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/pre ... iumpr.aspx

Microsoft Announces Windows Datacenter Server Limited Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/pre ... ionPR.aspx

Windows Advanced Server, Limited Edition Version 1.2 For Intel's Itanium 2 Ships to Manufacturers in July
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/pre ... hipPR.aspx

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 98 Second Edition
Has anyone ever located a copy of either the Advanced Server Limited Edition, Or Datacenter Limited edition? This would be a great OS to have, and since it is now older than 10 years old, I assume it can be posted here.

(I read the rules,so before you delete my comment, It said not to make requests with less than 10 posts. Not sure why the rule is there, but i didn't request anything. I just asked if anyone has ever located it.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000
Win2k wrote:
This would be a great OS to have

If you find any software for it. I could have an Itanic based PC for less than $100, but the lack of software makes it futile (FLOSS doesn't count).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 pm 

Favourite OS
This OS was only sold to corporations, Wasnt it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:27 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT 5.0.2195
Win2k wrote:
Has anyone ever located a copy of either the Advanced Server Limited Edition, Or Datacenter Limited edition? This would be a great OS to have, and since it is now older than 10 years old, I assume it can be posted here.

Indeed. That's why it's called Limited Edition.
I've collected ia64 editions for xp, 2003, 2008 & 2008 R2; those are easy to have. Only this original one is absent.
By the way, the pity is that there's no good emulator for itanium64. Hope qemu will come out with qemu-system-ia64, so that I can try them out...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:03 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Win2k wrote:

(I read the rules,so before you delete my comment, It said not to make requests with less than 10 posts. Not sure why the rule is there, but i didn't request anything. I just asked if anyone has ever located it.)

Some builds of Advanced Server Limited Edition are still available (for example on BA FTP). For more information check my blog post about IA-64: http://www.windowswiki.info/2012/07/18/ ... 4-windows/

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:01 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
NT 5.0.2195
Daniel wrote:
Win2k wrote:

Some builds of Advanced Server Limited Edition are still available (for example on BA FTP). For more information check my blog post about IA-64: http://www.windowswiki.info/2012/07/18/ ... 4-windows/

I should have read your blog earlier. Good job, Daniel!
So, all the limited editions are beta operating systems. Well, like Neptune, I think that ASLE 5.1.2462.0 is something more valuable to collect than common rtm builds. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 pm 

Favourite OS
Thanks for the Info.. Im a noob here, So mind if i ask what BA FTP is?

Looks like ill go searching for a whistler 64 instead, since your guide says there was never 2k 64.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Request: Windows 2000 Datacenter Server Limited Edition        Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:04 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2003 R2 3970
Win2k wrote:
Thanks for the Info.. Im a noob here, So mind if i ask what BA FTP is?

Looks like ill go searching for a whistler 64 instead, since your guide says there was never 2k 64.

BA FTP is the Beta Archive FTP (File Transfer Protocol) Server, you need you be an Advanced Member or above to access it. You can review the requirements and apply here http://www.betaarchive.com/contributions.php.

Also I have one of the builds of Windows Advanced Server Limited Edition 1.2 (I have to check which build and it says so and it contains both an i386 foler and an IA64 folder) I don't know if it is on the FTP but if it isn't gladly upload it.

256GB Crucial mSATA SSD
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
nVidia Quadro K2000M w/ 2GB DDR3
FHD Internal Monitor w/ Colour Sensor

Top  Profile  YIM