BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 29d, 10h, 0m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 5963MB of 10818MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [OFFER] IRIX 6.5.15 Foundations and overlays        Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:22 pm 
Donator

Anyone interested in the 6.5.15 IRIX foundations and overlays? Usable For most SGI machines up until O2 iirc. Newer overlays can be downloaded from SGI but the foundations are tricker to get hold of. The images are in .cdr format which is Mac OS X's cd/dvd mastering format.

The filesystems on the discs aren't ISO but are mountable in Linux using XFS (I seem to recall it was) and ought to be burnable and bootable on any OS.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:07 am 
Administrator

Yeah, I would be interested in it. I've been trying to collect the IRIX versions for some time. Which date does this version have?

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:23 am 
Donator

I use 6.5.30 on my O2. I see no reason why 6.5.15 wouldn't work on it either.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:59 pm 
Donator

mrpijey wrote:
Yeah, I would be interested in it. I've been trying to collect the IRIX versions for some time. Which date does this version have?

I have no idea what date they are from, the foundation is the 6.5 foundation and the date on those doesn't really matter. The overlays are 6.5.15 which is pretty old, but since you can download newer overlays from SGI for free it's not really important.

I'll upload the zipped files to the betaarchive ftp.

Edit: Files uploaded

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:42 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
IRIX 6.5.22
RentedMule wrote:
I use 6.5.30 on my O2. I see no reason why 6.5.15 wouldn't work on it either.
The O² can run IRIX 6.3 - IRIX 6.5.30. In fact, IRIX 6.3 may have been exclusive to the O².

mrpijey wrote:
Yeah, I would be interested in it. I've been trying to collect the IRIX versions for some time.

Collecting Overlays for IRIX is like collecting Service Packs for Windows. Overlays (minor point releases) are mainly bug fixes with very little (if any) new software. This applies mainly to IRIX 6.5.x. Prior releases of IRIX actually do have notable benefits when updating to a newer major/minor point release, for example: updating from IRIX 4.0 to IRIX 4.0.5 would be a major point update in IRIX 4.0.x version.

mrpijey wrote:
Which date does this version have?

ddew wrote:
The overlays are 6.5.15 which is pretty old, but since you can download newer overlays from SGI for free it's not really important.

SGI was usually on a quarterly release cycle with its MIPS hardware and IRIX, so IRIX 6.5.15 is probably 2001 or 2002. IRIX 6.5 came out in 1998.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:52 am 
Donator

Thanks for the information. Haven't been active with Irix for a couple of years so I'm a little rusty, I can set up a netboot installation server using just maintenance overlays though. :P

Top  Profile