BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 15h, 38m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 2004MB of 3613MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: Commander Keen 1-6        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 am 
Donator

So the other night I went to dig out some of the old DOS games, when I noticed that somewere along the line I'd deleted most of my copies of Commander Keen.
It seems damn near impossible to find them all as a single download, most of the sites that had 1 & 4 didn't seem to know the meaning of abandonware.

Anyway, figured I'd now I've found them all, I'd upload them and post them here for anyone who wants em':

- (I know, megaupload, sorry.)

For anyone a little to young/unborn at the time to remember Commander Keen, heres what Wikipedia had to say:

Wikipedia wrote:
Commander Keen is a series of video games developed by id Software in the early 1990s, which was successful at replicating the side-scrolling action of the NES Super Mario Bros. games in MS-DOS. The cartoon-style platformers are notable for their pioneering use of EGA graphics and shareware distribution, and because they were some of the first games by id Software (which went on to develop blockbusters like Doom and Quake). The games were also exciting to the PC gaming community of the time because of John Carmack's revolutionary smooth-scrolling graphics engine. Although developed by id, most of the Commander Keen games were published by Apogee Software — an already established MS-DOS shareware game publisher. Tom Hall is Commander Keen's designer and the creator of Keen's universe.

Its an addictive game, if you've never heard of it, I'd reccomend it.

Last edited by J.Byrne on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 pm 
Donator

you can also buy them on steam (excluding keen dreams) for $5 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/9180/)

great game, i had a lot of fun playing them back in the day

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:26 pm 
Donator

___ wrote:
(excluding keen dreams)

aah, I got the feeling I had forgotten somthing.
I'll add it now and update the link.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Commander Keen 1-6        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:40 pm 
FTP Access

jabster wrote:
Its an addictive game, if you've never heard of it, I'd reccomend it.

Yes i heard of Commander Keen, I actually downloaded a copy from Abandonia a while back, it was okay, but like ____ said, I perfer to get it from Steam, to not take any chances

Top  Profile  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:16 am 
Donator

i got it in that id software super pack (basicly every id software game, doom quake etc...) great value :D

Top  Profile